Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby churchie » January 2nd, 2005, 7:45 am

Hello my name is Gail and I am new to this forum. I have been on Medifast since Nov 30, 2004 and am amazed.
My story with weight has been insane and sane and healthy to having a baby and a second pregnancy upon which I had a heart attack while pregnant! My health has declined at the age of 35 and multiple sugeries. Obesity, anerexia compulsive overeating KILLS! I have dieted all my life and have ruined my metabolism.

I have tried everything excluded gastric bypass. At one time in my life I weighed 465! I lost all that weight and kept it off for 10 years and ate healthy ever since. I gained 140 pounds in 13 months after my heart attack and multiple surgeries. I lost 50 pounds of it and my body literally shut down. I went to my cardiologist and he recommended medifast. I was very very hestitant to do a fast. I did optifast back in 1988 with results and become too thin after that and more obsessed witn thinness to an unhealthy attitude. To me, food is an addiction like an alchoholic with booze. I have not eaten sugar for years and when I got depressed and was bed riddened literally on and off for the past 3 years, I am now 38 the weight piled on. Thank God, not back to 465, however, lugging around another body 100 pounds is overwhelming. I have other health concerns I am a persian vet, however, since starting this I feel better than I have in ages and am grateful to a road of solution. I was even on LA Weight Loss sticking to it deligently and my body has not wanted to cooperate.
My hope is medifast continues to work, 30 days plus later and I have already lost over 25 pounds! :-P
I live in Florida and my best friend that I grew up with in New York just joined as well, she was about to do the surgery route as I had contemplated also. My hope is that Medifast is what is claims to be and the weight continues. Like anything else, however, maintenance is the key! Looking forward to posts, help, new news and success stories and real stories. Very exciting to meet a group of other very motivated people.
We are going away for a week and I am thrilled to have a meal plan that is easy and safe and I do not have to think of food.
Hope you all have a safe and happy and especially HEALTHY New YEar 2005 and many blessings.
churchie

Postby Unca_Tim » January 2nd, 2005, 10:03 am

Hi Churchie and welcome,
We're glad you found us and glad to help any way we can. You'll find a great bunch of supportive people here, and I can tell by your first few posts that you'll be a supportive member for everyone here.

Keep us posted.
All the best for this new year,

You may want to register so we can keep stats for you. There's also several features that you can't view when you're not logged in as a registered user.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Hi Gail.

Postby susan » January 2nd, 2005, 5:00 pm

Gail.
medfast is the best wt. program you can be on .I was sickly and had diabetics was on medication for 12 years I lost 60# I haven;t had to take any more medication after the first month I was on medifast and my sugar is normal. I cheated and gained 10# back I don;t feel as good as I did and my legs have been hurting me again .That is what I got for cheating when I could have been doing great this is day 2 back on and I will take the other 50# off and then I can say I lost 100# and that willbe great but the best thing is no medication and feeling good not sluggish and hurting legs till I can;t sleep at night I think I have learned a vauable lesson it don;t pay to cheat so I am on the wagon.just go for it you will be ok and you will get what you need here on the forum from everone.
susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LadyinVA » January 3rd, 2005, 5:40 am

Welcome Churchie, from another new member.

Together we can all do this....

Shari
LadyinVA
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby RavenKat » January 3rd, 2005, 6:19 am

Welcome Churchie!

Wow - you have been through a lot! I would definitely recommend a journal to record thoughts and shakes drunk. It helps to have a place to vent and record your successes. "Success in a Shaker Jar" is VERY helpful too. Answers lots of questions and gives a few tools to aid with the mental part.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

thank you for the support

Postby churchie » January 3rd, 2005, 2:15 pm

Unc Tom, Shari, Kat, and Susan

Thank you for all the support looking forward to being part of this adventure.

Thank you for recommending registering and log book.

Hope you are all having a healthy happy shaking day Jan 3, 2005!

Gail :D
churchie

Postby Guest » January 4th, 2005, 12:08 am

Churchie ~

How blessed we are to have you join us on our journey to Thinville!

I enjoyed chatting with you today - your joy and enthusiasm regarding the improvement in your health is contagious. :lol:

I agree with you regarding Medifast and travel - it is perfect! No thinking about what to eat on the road or where to stop - simply toss the packets in your suitcase or bag, add a few bottle of water and you're off! Pack it fast and take off for some fun!

Shake it up and shake it off!

P.S. Duh :oops: guess who failed to log in? Unca, just give me a noggin' noogie every once in a while, 'kay? :redhead:

Postby purplepansy » January 4th, 2005, 7:00 am

welcome churchie!!! we can do this together... one shake atta time.... :D
205/195/128

Curvy Vixen waiting to be emerged
purplepansy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » January 4th, 2005, 12:09 pm

Welcome churchie! :wave:

SOOOOO glad you found this forum and the MF plan. I'm telling you, the rate of loss is soooo fast it's astounding! I've been on lots of diets but never one to lose so fast and keep your muscle tone to boot! I'm on maintenance now, and it's more difficult than losing as you have to make choices and PLAN! But you'll make it if I did, and I did! Keep the faith!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

hawaiiwhatnot maintenance and support

Postby churchie » January 7th, 2005, 8:39 pm

Hello There and thank you for your support and story of hope. Good to hear about someone who has done it and now on maintenance.....when the even harder work begins!

Look forward to talking more
churchie :)
gail
churchie
Newbie - #40 Club

purple pansy

Postby churchie » January 7th, 2005, 8:40 pm

Thank you for your support and you are right one shake at a time....congrats on your success and hope story thank you for the support and post
churchie :-P
gail
churchie
Newbie - #40 Club

Postby msmac0905 » January 7th, 2005, 9:21 pm

Hi Churchie!! Welcome aboard from another newbie.. Your story is amazing. This chapter in your weight loss journey will be even MORE amazing, incredible even! :) Keep us posted on your progress!!! Happy Shakin :cheers:
201.5 12/31/2004 (2 days before beginning MF)
msmac0905

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » January 7th, 2005, 10:21 pm

Hi Churchie and WELCOME!!
You have been through so much and defeated all those very difficult health issues,so this is just one more for you to take on and BEAT!
MF is the way to do it with healthy and fulfilling choices of food.
It works great!! I am VERY satisfied with my results so far and wish you all the success in the world!!
God Bless,
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Triskets » January 8th, 2005, 10:53 am

Welcome to MF Churchie! Good luck to you - the plan DOES work.

You mentioned bypass surgery in your original post. Did you know that after the surgery patients are put on a liquid diet for 6+ weeks?
I have 115 pounds to get rid of and I very briefly thought about the surgery but the cost, possible complications etc stopped me. When I heard patients go on a liquid diet post-op, I figured why not skip the surgery and go right to the liquid diet?
I wish more people who are at the end of their dieting rope would consider the MF plan before considering that awful surgery!

So like Mike says let's "GET IT DONE!"
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi there Churchie

Postby Joan Roman » January 8th, 2005, 11:07 am

Welcome Churchie!

I'm new to this support forum too. I'm also a resident of Florida! I live in the Keys.

I'm glad you are here. I am so encouraged each day by all the great advice and encouragement here. What a difference it makes to have a place to go!

Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.