New Job and New Temptations,,,,,

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

New Job and New Temptations,,,,,

Postby Disney Mike » September 10th, 2006, 7:50 am

As I reported a while back, I started a new job on Tuesday and so far it has been great. I think it will be a super position and something I will love doing for a long time, more or less building and maintaining relationships to promote sales. It is industrial in nature.

It has been very MF friendly as I am in the office and attending classes for now, just training.

Here is the bad part,,,I found the last salesman's expense reports while cleaning the desk out and it was CRAZY!!!!!!! A basic day was to deliver breakfast to jobs, doughnuts, pastries, kolaches then go and meet a customer or group for lunch, then bring drinks and snacks late in the day to another jobsite. The deal is that I am talking huge amounts of food, on average, he spent $140 a week just on doughnuts, some days he spent $125 alone just at a doughnut shop.

As far as lunches, I can handle that by eating a salad but there will be so much more temptation during the day being around all this food.

I think I may have to stay on MF a bit longer, lol.

I will say that it was nice to give them my Driver's liscense and have them state they did not think it was me, they could not believe it.

I attended a lunch meeting on Wednesday and did not eat, it was Jason's Deli fruit and sandwich trays and a lot of it to boot. When one older sales guy asked why I was not eating, I replied the usual of "I already ate" but he was in the meeting prior with me and knew it was not the case as well as "This food will go to waste, get you some." When I informed him of my weight loss he was comical in the reply that I must have some disease to drop that much weight so fast and he better find another seat.

I will keep you guys posted when I become the doughnut delivery man, lol.
"I am happier than a tornado in a trailer park."
'Mater, Cars - 2006

There are three types of people in the world; Those that make things happen, Those that watch what happened, and Those that wonder "What Happened?"
Disney Mike
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » September 10th, 2006, 7:56 am

Wonder what everyone would think, if you started buying healthy snacks?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Disney Mike » September 10th, 2006, 9:00 am

I do have one contact that will only accept fruit baskets. My company does not know the reason but I think I do ;)

The guys in the shop love the breakfasts but she pays the bills so she will continue getting fruit baskets.
"I am happier than a tornado in a trailer park."
'Mater, Cars - 2006

There are three types of people in the world; Those that make things happen, Those that watch what happened, and Those that wonder "What Happened?"
Disney Mike
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby SharonR » September 10th, 2006, 9:03 am

my thoughts exactly, Unca.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » September 10th, 2006, 6:10 pm

Mike ~ I'm crossing my fingers for you, and hoping that this job goes well. We all have to battle our personal demons so I'm hopeful that you're up for the challenge. I know that this would be a slippery slope for me and would have to try to devise some method for not partaking of all the goodies.

Best of Luck!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room