Hi! I'm new here and very excited!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi! I'm new here and very excited!

Postby brandymom » February 24th, 2004, 10:34 am

Hi! I am new here, I have been doing some research for quite awhile and decided that Medifast sounded great...I am one who needs to see fast results in order to stay motivated. I am a BUSY at home mom to 4 kiddos, 3 boys and I finally got my "princess" last March. :yippee: ! I do have a question, my thyroid has been a little wacky lately, I just had my medication increased, has anyone who has had a thyroid problem that is not under control, still have excellent results? My delivery was supposed to be here yesterday, but I missed him and he didn't leave my package, even when I called to request that he bring it back :x , so needless to say I was a little disappointed. I will be checking in alot, I am sure, out of all the sites I visisted, this one was by far the best! Thanks!

Brandy
brandymom

Postby Jeanette » February 24th, 2004, 10:48 am

Welcome Brandy! A question for you: Are you doing Medifast under your doctor's supervision? I would recommend that you do, because of your thyroid condition. At the very least, let him/her know what you are doing.

Once you are cleared for take off, it will be a quick trip--much quicker than if you did a non-liquid diet program.

Medifast works--I am proof!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: Hi! I'm new here and very excited!

Postby explorthis » February 24th, 2004, 12:54 pm

brandymom wrote:I do have a question, my thyroid has been a little wacky lately, I just had my medication increased, has anyone who has had a thyroid problem that is not under control, still have excellent results?

I am sure, out of all the sites I visisted, this one was by far the best!

Brandy, this is not the best, it is the ONLY site you need to visit. Look no further.

My Doctor about a year+ ago diagnosed me with some overactive throid thing, what ever that is, gave me a tiny little pill and said take these 3 times a day to help. <sigh> He said I might even expierience a little weight loss also, WHOA!! Weight loss also??... Gimme 3 bottles... So I took them, and took them and took them, and ate and ate and ate... Can you see where I am going with this? I felt no different. Since my weight loss, and 3 different times of having blood work done, oddly enough the Thyroid has never been brought up again. Hmmmm...

I am not a huge supporter of Doctor's mumbo-jumbo. My Kaiser physician (sit in) was totally against Medifast when she found I was doing it, and I had lost about 70# She could NOT give me a reason why it was not good for me (forum folks - remember this fiasco from 6-8 weeks ago?) other than I was losing weight too fast - what a tragedy that would be huh?

Anyway, 112 pounds later I am almost at my desigred weight, and will never look back. I will support Medifast till the day I die!

I say Thyroid, Schmyroid.. Medifast has been on the market for about 200 years, and is top notch, and Doctor approved. When was the last time you read a death notice in the paper regarding a thyroid ailement?

Medifast is the answer, if you are the asker. Medifast will work magic for you, but you have to LET IT work!!!

-Mike

Legal-ease: I am not a Doctor, I am not a Medifast employee, I am a former FAT guy NO MORE!
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby shineface » February 24th, 2004, 1:41 pm

Mike - Mike - Mike --- Thank God you started adding disclaimers :lol:

Hi Brandy -- Mike and Jeanette speak the truth -- this is the only site you'll ever need --- MF rocks and so does this site and the people on it.

HOWEVER--- the thyroid issue is real - you should be working with your doctor on it because serious untreated thyroid disease can kill people JUST LIKE FAT - actually I speak from experience... so keep working with the blood work and doc to get it stabilized - not a big thing once it is done.

I have been going through adjustment of my thyroid medication since before I started this program and it has not negatively effected my weight loss --- I should note that I had my thyroid removed in 1985 due to thyroid disease and have taken synthetic thyroid since then - doses periodically adjusted according to my blood work results - no big deal to take care of ---BUT critical to take care of by a certified professional ---

good news!!!!

Even with an off kilter thyroid I have done great on this program since starting it -- just look at the numbers!!!!!!

Glad you are here ---- Together we will do this!!!!
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby explorthis » February 24th, 2004, 2:14 pm

shineface wrote:
HOWEVER--- the thyroid issue is real - you should be working with your doctor on it because serious untreated thyroid disease can kill people JUST LIKE FAT - actually I speak from experience... so keep working with the blood work and doc to get it stabilized - not a big thing once it is done.

Even with an off kilter thyroid I have done great on this program since starting it -- just look at the numbers

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know I spout sometimes without thinking.. Ok Dr. Mike says get the Dr's Ok first.

Then what happens when the Doctor

Nelly's post: http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=640

decides out of "20 years" of Medical knowledge that Medifast is not healthy? My own Kaiser physician told me to GET OFF the program (yeah that's gonna happen) cause its not healthy. How many folks/visotors here have stumbled onto this site, got all excited, only to be poo-poo'ed out of starting Medifast because of guesstimated, uneducated hogwash?

You are 100% correct in advising medical approval, but like Nellie's post said, they are smartly stupid in some cases....

-The Non-Doctor Mike

Disclaimer: Objects in morror are larger than they appear!
explorthis

Postby swedishgirl » February 24th, 2004, 4:48 pm

Welcome Brandy!
You are on the way to health and all its benefits. I've been on the full program since 1/2/04 and as of today have lost 51 1/2 pounds! I just saw my doctor today for my monthly "weigh-in" and tests and she is so happy I found this program. Before I started I did lots of research, had a complete physical and consultation with my doctor. My blood pressure was sky-high, my knees were giving out and I wasn't sleeping well, not to mention the sad mental state I was in. Hopeless is a good description. Anyway, my dear doctor herself went to some Medifast websites to do her own research and now is my biggest fan. Compared to the way I was eating before MF, I am now getting everything my body needs for health! Needless to say, I am already feeling like a new person even though I still have about 90 pounds to lose. Share your journey with your doc-if he or she is supportive of you, you'll feel even better about what you're doing for yourself and those you love. The road isn't always easy and there will be naysayers along the way, but keep your eyes on your goal and rely on family, friends, your doctor and God for strength and support. You Go Girl!!! :lol:
Swedishgirl
swedishgirl
Regular Member - #80 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 25th, 2004, 6:40 am

Swedish:

Did I read that right--51 1/2 pounds in 7 weeks??? That's almost 7 1/2 pounds a week! I've been on 16 weeks and have lost 58 pounds.

You sure that wasn't a typo?? If it's not...WOW!! VERY happy to see you are with a doctor regularly!
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby swedishgirl » February 26th, 2004, 5:25 pm

Hi Jeanette!
Yes, it's true, I've lost 51 1/2 pounds. I need to preface that with the fact that I started cutting down on the volume of food I was eating in December because I knew what was ahead of me come January 2nd. I didn't diet and ate what I wanted but just not as huge of amounts as usual. Also, I had planned to have my "last supper" all day Dec. 31st and January 1st but I came down with the flu and couldn't eat a thing! I ended up giving all the foods I had bought away and began the full program January 2nd as planned. I am very thankful and encouraged about my loss, but I also know that since I have so much to lose, the weight will come off very quickly at first. But, a pound is a pound is a pound. Anyway, thanks for your support. I like reading all the posts here-they're a real encouragement!
Swedishgirl
swedishgirl
Regular Member - #80 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 26th, 2004, 9:55 pm

Ah I see! That makes more sense!

Glad you are here!
(340) 325/300/180
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby Nancy » February 27th, 2004, 1:27 am

Dear Swedish and Dear, dear Jeanette -

Both of you are WELL ABOVE average for your weight loss. The Johns Hopkins substantiated weight loss (yeah, Mikey - it's the Johns thingy again!) for women is 47.5 pounds in 16 weeks - you are BOTH above average, but then again, we already knew that!

P.S. Yeah, yeah, the Johns Hopkins bloddy bloddy about men: Mikey, YOU are ALSO above average! I Love ya, you skinny but hunky and very cool man!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby explorthis » February 27th, 2004, 7:19 am

Nancy wrote:Johns Hopkins bloddy bloddy about men: Mikey, YOU are ALSO above average! I Love ya, you skinny but hunky and very cool man!

John who?

I am above agerage! No one like me! I am the Medifast GOD! I am the one that proved Medifast to be the only weight loss program to work - to work for ME! I am a legend in my own mind!

A Medifast supporter forever!

-Mike (holding fast at 112# gone forever!)
explorthis

Postby ErikaEastwood » February 27th, 2004, 8:05 am

Welcome! Anytime you need support or have questions these people are always here to help. Im so glad I found this support group and you will be to! :lol:
ErikaEastwood
Regular Member - #30 Club

Commercial for Mike

Postby TamiL » February 27th, 2004, 8:11 am

Mike..
We gotta get you on the info-mercial for Medifast..I have not yet seen the advertisements for Medifast on TV...those late night infomercials they call them...but they dont know that YOU ARE THE MEDIFAST GOD!!! we need to get word to them Nancy...you all need to be on that TV telling your awesome sucess stories!! Then...I think that Johnny Boy Hopkins Doc who invented this great Product...SHOULD HOLD A REUNION for all of us!! so we can all meet each other someday!! that would be AWESOME!@! we could show up with our New Target Blenders...on the THINVILLE TRAIN...and we could slurp some of our shakes...with some REAL PINA COLADA's since we will be at goal....and PARTY!!! :-P

;) Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Re: Commercial for Mike

Postby Jeanette » February 27th, 2004, 8:19 am

TamiL wrote:Mike..
We gotta get you on the info-mercial for Medifast..

I could easily see that happening!
(340) 325/300/180
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Re: Commercial for Mike

Postby explorthis » February 27th, 2004, 9:05 am

TamiL wrote:Mike..
We gotta get you on the info-mercial for Medifast..I have not yet seen the advertisements for Medifast on TV...

but they dont know that YOU ARE THE MEDIFAST GOD!!!

we need to get word to them Nancy...

She knows my feelings, we have talked. <sigh>

I am a salesman, I can sell swamp land in Florida to anyone, anyday, anytime of the week, its what I do best.

Here is an honest statement.. Every car I have ever bought-en from a car dealer, I have been offered a job in sales, they love me, they hate me. In the retail industry I know the tricks of the trade, it's what I do!

They (Medifast) would have so much business if I went on an info-mercial, they would have to hire 24 hour operators to handle the influx if calls. I would make Medifast millions, trust me.

Oh well. I will bask in the glory in my fitting 501's alone (or with all of you)

-Mike
explorthis

Next

Return to Come on in.