Excited

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just started today

Postby Jamie » December 13th, 2005, 4:36 pm

I am very excited about this program! I joined a similiar program here in St. Louis Missouri..with a medical doctor, however; all we were able to have was chocolate soy shakes that were distributed by him..unfortunely it only lasted for 1 week..then I went online I heard about Optifast..but I just was persistant and came upon Medifast..anyway...I CANNOT believe the variety of food you get unbelievable....I know now I will be able to get this weight OFF with determination and support..Thank you for your call today Nancy..even though I did not personally get to talk with you I did get your message and I now have this supprt online....I cannot weight to get this weight off....talk w you soon Jamie
P.S. There was one concern...I just did not want any artificial stuff they put in alot of the low cal or fat free dress,food etc. I was just concerned the co. may put saccrin or other stuff in there for substitutes..[/list]
Jamie

Postby Nicki » December 13th, 2005, 6:09 pm

You found the right place Jamie! I've been doing Medifast for almost 3 months and I'm down 48 pounds ... I never would have thought it possible! The forum is a great for motivation and encouragement ... visit often, we are all on a journey together!!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Nancy » December 14th, 2005, 9:19 am

Hi, Jamie ~

Welcome to you! No need to worry about Saccharin or skanky stuff like that – I always look at product labels because I do not do well with aspartame and I do not use Saccharin either.
our Medifast products use

As a Newbie, something you may want to be aware of is that if you are unsure of the answers, you can do an info search by using the search feature (it’s a clicky found on the top of each webpage) on our MakeMeThinner Forum. Over the last two years, I have written extensively about many common questions – sometimes you have to dig a little, but most likely what you want to know is in here somewhere. Get out your shovel!

Since Medifast products are FDA inspected every single speck of ingredient must be listed on the product label. Medifast uses a non-nutritive sweetener called Acesulfame-potassium. It is an artificial ingredient and our products also have fructose, including our diabetic bars to bind the ingredients. It is not used in high levels. Acesulfame-potassium has been safely used by years. Unlike aspartame, there’re few reports of any adverse conditions.

There are some purists that do not want any artificial sweeteners and there are some who want no sweeteners of any kind – and yet often they are the ones who dip their hands into bags of pork rinds and eat prime rib, loaded baked potatoes with sour cream and have crème Brule for dessert!

Acesulfame-K is considered to be very safe - as safe as anything can be these days…. I am not a chemist and while my background in science is fairly extensive, as I was a premed student, I am not totally sure what the true definition of ‘artificial’ is in relationship to food products. I believe it may not truly be considered to be an “artificial” ingredient as it is comprised of potassium salts – which are naturally occurring minerals found in many foods – like bananas! and the other part of the ingredient is some type of acid which may be naturally occurring as well.

There now, Jamie, I told you more than you care to know, I’m sure! Welcome to you – we hope that you find what you’re looking for and we are happy to have you with us on the journey to wellness and improved health – AND a smaller waist size!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.