New Club Member!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

New Club Member!!

Postby TypingTrish » April 29th, 2004, 5:47 pm

YeeeHawwwww!!! It's been 12 days for me now since I restarted on Medifast. I went and "officially" weighed in tonight and I have now lost 13...yes THIRTEEN...Pounds!! (Add me to that loser club!) I am sooooo happy tonight!! :whistle: My jeans are looser...my face looks thinner...maybe only 13 pounds, but it is starting to show a little!! I have a long way to go I know, but I WILL DO IT!

:puter: Trish
TypingTrish
Regular Member - #20 Club

YAY!

Postby Leigh » April 29th, 2004, 8:24 pm

I am so happy for you!! Look at you go...13 pounds already, you are doing fantastic. Go Trish Go :cleader: WOOHOO!

You're awesome girlfriend! :thumbup:

Leigh
Start date: 3/29/04

220/194/Goal weight ??
Leigh
Newbie - #20 Club

YEAH!

Postby NikkiNix » April 30th, 2004, 5:49 am

GREAT FOR YOU TYPING TRISH,

I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU EXCEPT THAT YOU ARE BRAVE ENOUGH TO POST YOUR WEIGHT. IT SOUNDS WEIRD BUT I AM TERRIFIED TO POST MY STATS AND THAN HAVE MY HUSBAND FIND OUT HOW MUCH I REALLY WEIGH. NOT ONLY THAT BUT I HAVE TOLD MANY FRIENDS I HAVE BEEN DOING MEDIFAST AND THEY ARE THE TYPE OF PEOPLE THAT TRY TO SABBATAGE ME WHEN I'M DOING WELL ON DIETS. I THINK IT'S BECAUSE THEY ENJOY ME BEING FAT. LETS FACE IT PEOPLE GET USED TO YOU BEING A CERTAIN WAY AND THEY DON'T LIKE CHANGE MUCH. I THINK SOMETIMES I EVEN SABBATAGE MYSELF :shock: I DIDN'T POST LAST WEEK BECAUSE I ALLOWED MYSELF TO PIG-OUT :brickwall: I ACTUALLY GAINED WEIGHT I THINK MY MONTHLY HAD A LITTLE TO DO WITH IT BUT NOW I AM BACK ON TRACK :yes: I THINK I GOT USED TO ME BEING A CERTAIN WAY AND AM ALMOST A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE LOSING SO MUCH WEIGHT. LETS FACE IT I'M AFRAID OF CHANGE I HAVE BEEN SO MORBIDLY OBESE FOR SOOOO LONG IT'S ALMOST LIKE IT'S WHAT MAKES ME WHO I AM. I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME VENTING BUT I FEEL LIKE WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT, THAT AND BEING A NEWBIE. I FEEL LIKE YOU ARE AN OPEN AND NICE PERSON READY TO HELP OTHERS OUT FROM READING YOUR OTHER POSTS. :hug: HERE'S TO YOUR SUCCESS AND MINE :cheers:

LOTS OF LUCK
NIKKINIX
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Re: YEAH!

Postby TypingTrish » April 30th, 2004, 6:22 am

NikkiNix:

Hey there! Trust me..I am NOT brave at all! It took a lot of courage for me last night to post those stats on here. You all here on this forum are the only people on the face of this earth that I have revealed my weight to...not evey my husband! He takes me over to the school where he teaches to weigh on the scales in the workout room. I make him turn his head not to see! I can't wait for the day that I can tell him to "look here!". I have the most wonderful husband in the world..he never belittles me at all of my weight issues, he is totally understanding, never mentions it unless I bring up the subject first. In fact, one night while crying my eyes out a few weeks ago, he told me that he would give me the money to go back on Medifast if I wanted to. I had reached the point where I am so tired of all the disadvantages of being overweight...you know, like judging the terrain around my parking spot to see how steep a hill I'll have to climb to get there, requesting a table at a restaurant instead of taking a booth, choosing a dress in the store just because it at least "fits" and not necessarily the one I'd really like to have, being uncomfortable in the theater seats...the list goes on and on and on! But my husband's words to me were that only "I" could make the change, only "I" could decide to be dedicated to this, and "I" had to do this for myself! Yes, I am doing it for myself, but I am also doing it for my family. I have two teenage daughters, I am 43 years old and I want to be around a LONG LONG time for them yet! I was starting to feel like a 70-year-old in a 43-year-old body! The night of that discussion with my husband was my turning point...no more....enough is enough...too many things in life that I want to experience yet and do with my family! So here I am...Doing it!

You say you are afraid of "changes". There are all types of changes Nikki, some bad and some good...inevitable in this life. However, this is a change for our own well being, a change that will only give us the positives in life! I have made excuses all my life for being overweight, heredity being the main one. I have used my weight as an excuse also for all the bad things that have happened to me...why I didn't get a particular job I wanted, why I wasn't elected as cheerleader in 7th grade, that list goes on and on also! I have always blamed my failures on my weight. But only "I" can change this attitude and only "I" can enjoy the benefits of this change I am making!

I understand your situation completely. I wish you nothing but SUCCESS with this program, it DOES work! If you would like to E-mail me privately, please feel free to do so. Maybe posting your "stats" to an individual at first would help..I'd be more than happy to be your cheerleader! :cleader: We CAN do this...we WILL do this! Changing ourselves for the better! Looking forward to the day of walking up that steep hill without getting short of breath (I'm already seeing a difference there when I climb stairs), looking forward to the day I can buy anything on the rack because I "like" that color or style, looking forward to the day I can sit on the back of a Gold Wing motorcycle with my arms wrapped around my husband,.....a LOT to look forward to.. a LOT of living left to do! And I am going to be there to enjoy it in the new CHANGED me!

Don't give up Nikki...We can do this!

:puter: Trish
TypingTrish
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Carrie » April 30th, 2004, 6:45 am

Hi Nikki,

I can relate to everything you said......and please know that eventually those concerns will pass. I truly believe that part of why I have been so heavy for so long is denial. And that denial manifested itself by doing things like cutting the tags out of my clothes, telling myself I carry the weight well, not stepping on the scale for months at a time, just in general avoiding the reality of my weight.

I didn't realize it but when I started MF I took responsibility for my weight. Finally. And now I don't hide from it anymore. Keep working toward your goal and your concern for what other people think (including your husband) will fade.

Being heavy does become part of our identity. For me it is part and parcel of everything that I am and do, and takes up a majority of my thinking. And it is scary to think of changing. But what I realized is that it is part of my identity in a NEGATIVE WAY. It is not something that makes me feel good, it is not something that I am proud of. And I am looking forward to the day when I am at my goal weight, and can fill my head with new non-weight-obssessed thoughts. I can't imagine how wonderful it'll be not to have to worry about being fat anymore, or how much more time in every day I'll have to do something I WANT to do! (I'm not talking about managing my maintenance, I'm talking about all the thoughts like what are people thinking of me, thinking I'm disgusted with myself, etc etc). I'm looking forward to being able to be somebody other than the fat chick.

I think a lot of this battle is breaking the pattern of negativity and building a pattern of positive behavior and thinking.

Keep working, you'll get there.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » April 30th, 2004, 7:06 am

Niki, try and remember the last hour of your life that weight was NOT on your mind. Not when you’re sleeping, but the last hour, or 1/2 hour where some part of you did not think about your weight in some way or another. I bet you honestly cannot. Obese, morbidly obese, fat, overweight, it is all relative. You’re fooling yourself if you think you are used to being a certain way, overweight, and that you would be uncomfortable losing so much weight. You have “adjusted” your life to “allow” yourself to continue to remain overweight. We (YOU) have to look at life differently from now on, for the remainder of your waking/living/breathing days. It’s time to get off the dime.

Weather you post your stats or not, weather your husband knows your weight is irrelevant. What is relevant is your resolve to finish this vicious circle of being overweight once and for all.

I can promise you this. I can promise you, from the NEW GLASSES of a person that has been in your shoes, and in Trish’s shoes, and in everyone else’s shoes on this board, that life is different when you are thin. You are NOT afraid of change. YOU are making excuses to not lose the weight you long to lose. The weight that haunts every minute of every day. Weather you have 10 or 100 or more to lose, it will only come off if you allow it to. It will only come off if you religiously diet. Our diet is Medifast. Tell me you have not read all the posts and see the changes in your fellow board members. Tell me you don’t long for these results. You are here for support. You reference your “friends”. You reference your “husband” Are these people not supportive? I bet your husband would be your largest advocate, and help you in any way he could, but you have to agree to help yourself first

Stop thinking this is WHO you are. Make this resolve. Make this the LAST effort you ever will to once and for all become the person you want to be, not the one you think you are comfortable with. You are not comfortable with this, you are just fooling yourself. Tell me I am wrong!!!

I like straight shooting, can you tell? I want you to feel what I feel. Trust me, it’s WORTH EVERY PENNY OF EVERY THOUGHT.

The weight is not easy to lose. It is a battle. It will NOT come off by itself. It will come off, and it will come off faster than any weight loss program you have ever tried, if you only stop fooling yourself, making excuses, and stick to your guns. Stick to the resolve you know you have. Stop this minute, ever going back to the old ways.

I have preached 100 times on this board, this is such a short stint in your life. It does not take that long. You can do it in a short amount of time. Weather it takes you 6 months or 16 months to lose the weight is your choice. What is 6 months in the general scheme of things? You will look back and say I was right.

Take it from a fat guy, the guy that experienced EVERYTHING you are experiencing. The guy that fooled himself into believing the EXACT same things that you believe, that I am the way I am, and that I should accept the fact I am fat. This is who I am. This is ALL BS, and you know it. I did it. If I can do it anyone can.

I am NO different than you, or anyone else on this board. I have no more willpower than any of you. I have been on as many diets as ALL of you have. This is the real first time in my life I chose to do something different.

There is no better feeling than being in control for the first time in my life.

You can do this. WE can do this. Nikki can do this. DO IT NOW!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tonya » April 30th, 2004, 7:57 am

I read last night that

"A decision cuts off all other options"

I really like that and I thought about it while I read your posts. It is a little scary to change anything, even when it's something you truly want to change. But you need to keep your eye on the prize and just push forward even when you don't want to. You guys are awesome and I truly do admire you for making such a huge commitment to yourself!!

Congratulations and be proud of yourself!!! But don't be afraid to ask for help-from your husband, this forum or your true friends. If they really love you, they want what is best for you and will do everything they can to help you succeed. ;)
Tonya
161/149/127

You can be pleased with nothing when you are not pleased with yourself.
Tonya
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Landylue » April 30th, 2004, 10:17 am

Trish! Do you realise that you are about to plummet under the Big-3-Oh within the next two weeks! What an awesome day that will be, not only for you, but for ALL OF US! We will all certainly celebrate with you.

When we travel arm-in-arm on this journey, one person's accomplishments give such hope, strength, and new energy to the others.

I am so very proud of you--of us all!

And, Mike, God bless you for sharing your experience and your incredible strength the way you do. This forum truly wouldn't be the same without you.

Sandra
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue

Thanks

Postby NikkiNix » April 30th, 2004, 4:28 pm

THANKS EVERYONE YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST SUPPORT TEAM EVER. LIKE THE THIN MAN SAYS I NEED TO STOP BSING MYSELF AND GET OVER MY FEAR OF CHANGE AND JUST KEEP ON SHAKEN. MY FAMILY IS THE BEST AND SUPPORT ME IN WHATEVER I DO. IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS ASHAMED OF MYSELF I DIDN'T TELL MY HUSBAND HOW MUCH I WEIGH. HE LOVES ME NO MATTER HOW MUCH I WEIGH AND HAS NEVER NOT EVEN ONCE GIVEN ME GRIEF ABOUT MY WEIGHT. HE SAYS HE'S PROUD OF ME BECAUSE WHEN I GOT MY LAB TESTS BACK IT SAID I WAS VERY HEALTY EVEN THOUGH THE SCALE DON'T AGREE. NO SLEEP APNEA NO HIGH BPS OR CHOLESTEROL OR BLOOD GLUCLOSE. IT'S ALL REALLY GOOD SO I AM DOING THIS FOR ME. I AM GOING TO GET OVER MY FEAR OF CHANGE AND I'M GOING TO KEEP MFASTING BECAUSE IT FELT GOOD TO CELEBRATE LOSING 24.5LBS IN MY FIRST MONTH. WE DID'NT GO OUT TO EAT TO CELEBRATE WE WENT TO THE STORE AND INSTEAD OF SQUEZZING INTO A SIZE 28 JEAN I FIT COMFORTABLE IN MY SIZE 24'S

THANKS FOR EVERYONES SUPPORT :!:
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix

Return to The Weight Room