Nelly's still around

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Nelly's still around

Postby elle4nelly » November 22nd, 2004, 1:33 pm

Hi Gang!

How's everyone? I haven't posted in a month. A lot has happened to me since. I got really busy preparing for a week long conference. Then went away for a week. I was extremely stressed during that time. I get back and my dad get sick and gives us all a scare. He spent 4 days in the hospital and he's fine now. Then I got and still am soo busy at work and extremely stressed.
Okay..so now that I got this out of the way, you're wondering what about my Medifasting?

See, just a few month ago, I would have gone completely off course. But something in me has changed forever. When I saw my stress level go way up!!!!!!!! I knew it was trouble!!!! And traveling away for 7 days in a strange city while living on hotel and dealing with conference food. I knew I needed to strike a deal with myself to prevent major Diet Anxiety!!!!!!! I decided to have 3 shakes each day and as lean of a meal as possible. Most day that was whatever salad I could get my hands on and whatever salad dressing was there and available. I also ate fruits some days. And yes, some days..I just picked on whatever was in front of me. And yes, I did have a latte each morning and wine when my nerves went all wired up. I never ate sweets, never ate greasy food, kept it as clean as possible without stressing my self any further!! In exchange, I made my self exercise real hard 4 days week ( 1 hour sessions) and did promise myself to jump back in to full medifast mode as soon as I felt calmer from all the mess around me!!! The results are that I didn't gain anything and lost 4lbs. I am now at 202lbs. Yes I know if stayed on that full speed train I was on prior to all this I'd be 185lbs at least! But that's okay! Because, I know now I will be fine at maintenance and won't gain my weight back. I know, I can eat small portion, keep it as clean as possible, exercise like a Gym Goddess and still lose some weight. So that's what I've been up to. I am wraping up my Workload mess. I'll have wednesday thru sunday to quiete everything down and really get back in full medifast speed. One thing I am not doing is grazing out of control. I'm never going back up! NEVER!

So that's it! I hope the rest of you have been good! I'll be posting and reading more often starting this long Thanksgiving weekend. Thank you all for always being around.

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » November 22nd, 2004, 3:06 pm

Nelly,

Whew! Glad to hear that your Daddy survived and so are you. You also learned that you know how to make better choices now - that's pretty good isn't it?

Your New Year's goal may be compromised a bit but now that you are back on track, you will be a whole lot closer to it. January is an entire 31 day month - you CAN reach your goal by keeping your eye on the prize - keeping it clean helped you through a trying time.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Sylvia » November 22nd, 2004, 3:37 pm

Nelly,

I've been thnking about you and am so glad you posted today. There are no rules here - this is really about figuring out how to do this for life. I was really fortunate to have started MF during a pretty stress-free time where I had the ability (not to mention the desire) to see it through to the end. That's not always the case for everyone and at the end of the day, all who are successful get to a place where they need to figure out how to eat for life. We've all lost weight before and we all know where we got in the past by not having figured that out.

If you have already figured that part out and now finish the weight loss phase, you'll just be that much further ahead when you get to goal!

Good Luck and welcome back!

Sylvia
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby TamiL » November 22nd, 2004, 8:01 pm

Nelly...SOOO good to hear from you!! Weve had some real ups and downs..but we are STILL HERE...not giving up!! lets go full speed ahead and get to our new years eve goal!! :-P
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LongWay2go » November 23rd, 2004, 6:40 am

Welcome back Nelly! Yes, we've missed you and thought about you and are so glad you managed to make smart choices during difficult times! That's what this is all about - learning to make smart choices and break a cycle of a life time of mistakes.

Many people make the mistake of thinking they just don't have the "willpower" to diet. That's just an excuse and I'll readily admit, one I've used my entire life. If your sleeve was on fire, I'll bet you could find the willpower to put it out! Weight problems creep up on you a pound here and a pound there. An extra slice of pizza or few too many glasses of wine. That does not create the urgency needed to motivate you into doing something about it! It takes a life-changing event to push you enough over the edge to make healthy eating a conscious choice.

Let's take the thin and fabulous LW for example. I don't remember her exact stats, but something like originally 285 and now a thin and beautiful 130ish. Yes, she went on her vacation in paradise and put on 5 pounds or so, but now she is educated and wise enough to not let that 5 pounds stay like she would have before. She's working it off and making the changes in her "diet" necessary to do so! It's all about making educated choices. We go to school and learn our fundamentals, but they don't teach us about healthy living and eating. That isn't their responsibility, though it should be.

Ack, I'm on a tangent today so I'll stop. Really I just wanted to welcome you back and congratulate you for making good decisions during a personally difficult time for you. We missed you!

~Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 23rd, 2004, 11:29 am

Good to see you Nelly!

Wow, way to survive the rollercoaster ride of life's surprises you've been on! Thank God your father is improved! When times come close to crisis, it tends to clarify people's resolve. The only problem was that I used to comfort myself with food during those times. I'm so much more confident in keeping off this weight now that I have this great MF tool. Appears it's having the same effect on you. Continued strength and improved health to you and your father Nelly.

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby shineface » November 24th, 2004, 4:19 pm

Hi Nelly---

I am so glad you are still her and "conducting"...... I just posted my confession of my downfall and feel so much better ---- I am so glad to see you still shakin' and postin'!

I need you- I need your wisdom and I need your courage - you just keep on goin'... THANK YOU!!!

My craziness, complacency & confusion can only be shared with those who really know and can talk to me with the talk I need - honesty --- when I only talk to myself I can BS myself into believing anything - but I know you all tell it like it is - painful or not - always honest.

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby elle4nelly » November 30th, 2004, 4:26 pm

Thank You Guys sooo much for your support!
You are all so wonderful! I attempted on Monday to return to a full fast with no success!! Same went for today! It all ended up being 2-3 medifast and a salad Monday and Today a turkey sandwich. Part of the problem is that over the long last several months I have made exercising a habit. But frankly...I cannot do the eliptical machine for 1 hour ..burn 650 calories and full fast. I find myself starving to death. So I ate. I've lost weight since the post. I am at 200 lbs from the 251 I started with. I really want to go full fast again. It's getting harder each time to jump into a full fast. I am determined to break myself into it so that I can ONCE AND FOR ALL finish this weight loss. I feel like I'm doing everything Backward. I am supposed to lose tons of weight and then exercise and eat small to keep it off. Instead I'm doing that now and I still have a lot of weight to knock off. Well.... At least I know finally after all these years what it takes to keep the weight off. Now if I could just get myself motivated enough to decrease my exercise and go to shakes only. It would be wonderful. So I'll work on it all week and hope to start incorporating 1 full fast day at a time until I'm right back in the middle of it. I have got to finish off my weight loss. I'm in a hurry to Live life, the way I should have done it. Aware of good and bad choices, exercising and finally understanding this weight maintenance thing. Anyway...sorry for the long rambling. I really thank you guys! U are so wonderfull to me.

Thank U!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby shineface » November 30th, 2004, 5:04 pm

NELLY--- GIRLFRIEND!!!!!

UP DOWN OR IN-BETWEEN I KEEP TRYING BECAUSE YOU GIVE ME STRENGTH THE WAY YOU KEEP TRYING ----- AND GOD NO ONE REALLY KNOWS HOW HARD IT IS TO GET "BACK-ON" UNLESS THEY HAVE MF'ED FROM BOTH SIDES --- THANKS FOR CHECKING IN --- YOU DO MY HEART GOOD...........THANKS

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!!!! :stroll: REALLY!!!!!!!!!
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » November 30th, 2004, 5:31 pm

Nelly ~

I have a few thoughts for you. Yes, you must cut your exercise in half until you get well into the fat burning state. You could still go to the gym to keep up your good habit, just do more passive exercises for a while - dip into the pond and dog paddle around, stretch, enjoy the 'sissy' or 'old lady'machines, but not the high impact, no high cardio, etc.

Remember, the Complete Fast does not always mean SHAKES only - it is 6 Medifast Meal replacements and no regular food.

My personal opinion is that it is a good idea to have a small (2 cups of greens) salad every day or every other day - especially for women...fat, female and forty (or fifty) have gallbladder problems and a VLCD can exacerbate it if you do not follow transition protocol properly and pork out. Take a capsule of Oil of Evening Primrose or Flaxseed and an Omega 3 Fish Oil capsule.

When a person messes with Medifast - has some MF products and eats carboliciously on the side but does not follow the program enough to get into the fat burning state, hunger rages and you sabotage yourself. For three - four days, it is DO or DIEt. You will struggle and wipe out if you merely sortta kinda Medifast.

Bite the bullet, do it right and get into the Medigroove that enables you to be successful.

Restarts are ok but psychologically when a person has false starts it generally is not a good thing - look at runners and skaters that jump the starting gun or flag. When you're hot to trot - trot! Full steam ahead. Pour it on!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room