NEED Help with Cold Medicine!!!!!

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

NEED Help with Cold Medicine!!!!!

Postby PinkPrincess » March 15th, 2007, 4:33 pm

I am on day four of my medifast journey and I have a horrible cold I was wondering if anyone knew of any good cold medicine you can take while on medifast. I realize that most of them have sucrose in them and since cold medicines are not required to list nutritional values I didn't want to take the chance and screw all my hard work up.

Thank You For Taking the Time to Read this :)

Jamie
PinkPrincess
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby fairladyj » March 15th, 2007, 4:56 pm

I assume you are looking for a liquid cold medicine - there are some that are sugar free, for dibetics. You could also try a table form. There are also sugar free throat lozenges.

I am a strong believer in Cold-eez, especially if you start taking them in the first 24 hrs of your cold - but the SF can be hard to find. There are also homeopathic remedies, like Occicillinum (sp?) that have no sugar, but I have not tried them.

I would be careful about side effects - I have noticed that effects seem to be exaggerated - I took a decongestant pill the other day for a sinus headache, and felt like I had had too much to drink! - Would not have been so bad, if I hadn't been at work and had several important meetings! :shock:

You could also try my grandmother's remedy - lots of Vick's rub on the chest, a hot toddy (rats, no whisky allowed - oh well, hot tea),then go to bed and pile on the blankets.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon!
Jennifer in Michigan

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!
fairladyj
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » March 15th, 2007, 6:13 pm

Sorry to read that you are feeling puny! :(

I've had a rotten cold for almost 2 weeks (it hit, left and then hit again). I've coughed my head off but refused to suck on a cough drop :lol: --- staying compliant and not getting out of ketosis was too important and I'd rather hack my lung up. ;)

Now, not everyone is as warped as moi :D -- so you need to do whatever you need to do in order to take care of yourself. Maybe ask your pharmacist what they'd recommend that wouldn't have sugar in it and might take care of the symptoms you're having.

Hope you feel better soon.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » March 16th, 2007, 12:18 am

I never knew about the cough syrup formulated for diabetics until I had a horrible cold and sent my husband off to find something for my hacking cough besides cigarettes. But it's out there!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Thank You!

Postby PinkPrincess » March 16th, 2007, 3:45 am

Thak You all for your wonderful suggetions ;)
PinkPrincess
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to What's Shakin'