more questions and a quick update

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby doglover » February 17th, 2005, 8:49 am

Thank you nancy, Nikki, and Karen! Nancy, it was so great of you to put all that info even though I could have read that in the book or online! I thought I had it together and then realized I was confused!!! But now I am on the right track and won't be hungry with all these choices! I spent last night making a time schedule w/ the options for what I can eat that are "meals" and what are "snacks". I am very visual and need this posted on my cupboards! I am blaming my messing up on being busy ;) ! In fact I am so busy that I made pudding last night while I was making my soup (to chill for my late meal) and I put 1 cup of water in it like an idiot! I drank my pudding later that evening but it was still good!!! :-P

I am so glad to have found this forum! We are sisters and brothers in weight loss and so needed during the difficult times!

By the way, Nikki, I also suffer w/ munchies at PMS time and am really not looking forward to how I will be. I haven't been on MF during that time yet. I'll look to your example for support!

So, off to shakin'! :exercise: Have a great day everyone out there. I am devouring the Success in a Shaker book I got yesterday!
Donna :
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » February 23rd, 2005, 9:05 pm

Nancy, I have a question about this:
ESSENTIAL 1 MEALS – sold ready to eat in sealed packages that need no refrigeration
• Chicken Salad - packaged in a foil pouch, ready to eat. Just rip off the top! Premixed with light mayo and seasonings. Sold individually. May be used by people on the 5 and 1 weight loss program as part of the Lean and Green meal with the addition of a small green salad and 1.5 cups of cooked vegetables. NOT to be used as one of the 5 meal replacements on the 5 and 1 program. • Tuna Salad - packaged in sealed foil pouch and sold individually. Premixed with light mayo and seasonings. May be used by people on the 5 and 1 weight loss program as part of the Lean and Green meal with the addition of a small green salad and 1.5 cups of cooked vegetables. NOT to be used as one of the 5 meal replacements on the 5 and 1 program.

I just got one each of the chicken and tuna salad in my order that came today. The package says to eat "plain or with salad." It doesn't say anything about "must" and with salad AND veggies. I see that they have 100 and 90 calories, respectively, with 10g protein each and 7 carbs for one, 6 for the other.

I'm just confirming that these are a MEAL, and not a "supplement." AND that the extra greens, etc., are required.

Just out of curiosity, do you know why they are not okay as a supplement, and must be a meal?

Thanks!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » February 23rd, 2005, 9:36 pm

The Essential 1 products are designed for multiple programs. Remember, Medifast makes products to suit the nutritional needs of a variety of people and health needs.

Not everyone who uses Medifast is on a weight loss program. (Don'tcha hate them?)

Some people use Medifast purely for its excellent nutrition and convenience. For some people, on maintenance for example, the Essential 1 products are a handy way to grab a fast healthy protein source. It can be eaten on whole grain bread with lettuce and tomato for a healthy lunch. It can be plopped into a cored apple and served on a bed of lettuce for a person on maintenance.

For people on the 5 and 1 Program, the Essential 1 products are not to replace one of the Medifast meals (or as some people call them the Medifast supplements) but rather the Essential 1 meals are to serve as the Lean protein portion for the Lean and Green. A green salad provides very minimal carbs to balance the chicken or tuna salad (or the Chicken Breast or beef patty). Since the protein sources are bred to be very lean, the addition of the cooked veggies is recommended.

Just out of curiosity, do you know why they are not okay as a supplement, and must be a meal?

Yup, because Dr. Andersen says so! He has the medical license, I don't so I do what he says. It works.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » February 23rd, 2005, 11:27 pm

Thanks for the info.

I think they'd also go very well into our emergency earthquake kit; hubby and I were discussing that tonight. The expiration date on the tuna salad I got here is October, 2006, so they've got a good shelf life, and don't need refrigeration. Might do well for backpacking, too.

Can't wait to try one!
24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » February 24th, 2005, 11:58 pm

Terry eats the Essential 1 Tuna or Chicken Salad right out of the foil package by dipping Multi-grain crackers into it.

I love it beause I don't have to use a fire hose to clean up the kitchen anymore after he 'cooks' or does meal preparation!

Sheesh! You people in CA sure have a lot to contend with - earthquake and flood emergency kits...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby dlr2424 » February 27th, 2005, 10:31 am

Donna,
I'm just reading your post from the 15th and I'm sitting hear laughing. Did you say Peanut Butter is your weakness....I could sit down with the jar and a spoon and be in my glory....ANYTHING with PB I love...resee cups...pb& fluff...pb&jelly...pb&crackers etc...etc..etc
Well the only PB I'll be seeing for a while is the PB bar which I have on my shelf but wouldn't even dare open as I don't want it to become a weakness for me. I kind of stay away from the bars right now
Anyway...great questions you have!
:) Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby doglover » February 27th, 2005, 3:33 pm

I mean seriously Donna, how weird is that that you love PB too! Even shorten it to "PB"! Are you sure you are not my alter ego??? Are you tearing apart your kitchen today like we are preparing for new cabinets???

Anyway, believe it or not the PB bars are not too addicting. They are not the true PB in the sense only you and I will know! However, the S'Mores bars are BAD!!! I love those and have realy temptations over those!

Hope your Sunday went well. Off to read!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.