mixed feelings

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

mixed feelings

Postby bokkie » February 17th, 2006, 9:37 am

Hi everyone!!
Yesterday I stepped on the scale and I was up one pound. I was pretty upset because I have only had one cheat and was feeling bad about that one, and that was on monday, and I had been sticking EXACTLY to medifast the rest of the time.

I was really upset until I got dressed and realized that my belt no longer fit me!!! It was too BIG. I bought a new one, and was so excited. I will be wearing it alot!!

So I am up 1lb but down some inches so I guess that it sort of balances out.
bokkie

Up one pound

Postby Jan » February 17th, 2006, 9:44 am

Hi bokkie,
Don't worry there are lots of things that can bounce you up a pound. That cheat could do it -- and the timing is just about right to notice a bump up but it could be water retention, hormones, stress, or lack of sleep. Lots and lots of things affect us. That's why I'm not such a big fan of the scale :x
But here's the good news. The fat is leaving -- your belt is bigger. Good for you!!! Keep going you're doing great. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » February 17th, 2006, 11:00 am

Bookie

I would go more by the belt than by the scale! I am not sure of what your "cheat" was and it is your own business but look at it this way 1lb will be gone before you know it. My best guess would be water retention most likely. I went up three lbs on Wed but yesterday those three were gone and two more so don't fret you are doing great!!!

Keep shakin

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Bokkie,

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 17th, 2006, 11:08 am

HUGS.

I am brand new at MF but I know from past dieting exeriments...that scales are EVIL :twisted: :lol: Really tho, Try your very hardest to weigh once a week. Because you know when your on plan you know that your eating healthier. Don't let the crazy(could be broken, might be pms time..who knows whats up) scale dictate your motivation levels or bring you down.

Your doing great...Keep your eyes on your goals and keep doing the right things and you will be where you want in no time at all.

Loseing inches, believe it or not is a bigger deal then loseing pounds.

YOUR DOING IT!!! :D

HUGS
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby 2BHealthy » February 17th, 2006, 11:12 am

That's great news about your belt! I'm not exactly sure how it works but many people report losing inches while not losing weight. Have you been exercising? maybe that's why. Anyway that's great! :cleader:
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Kido » February 17th, 2006, 2:47 pm

That is great news about your belt. I was excited about my underwear.

I told myself not to step on the scales until Sunday, but I couldn't resist this morning. Let's say I was pleased. So far it is more than I had my mind set on. I will wait until, is it Roll Call?, and say how much I have lost.
Kido
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 17th, 2006, 2:57 pm

Kido

Now I am soooo excited for you. Could this be the week you hit the Onederland :?: :?: You are knocking on the door of it that is for sure!

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby Kido » February 17th, 2006, 3:58 pm

I am knocking on Onderlands door. (it took me awhile to figure that one out. :hammerhead1: ) However, I am getting close for Aunt Flow to visit so I may be disappointed this weekend.

Oh well, I am happy with what I have now.
Kido
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.