guilty feelings

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

guilty feelings

Postby MsApril » May 22nd, 2005, 8:01 pm

okay, i have noticed the most bizarre feelings of guilt. When i eat my Lean and Green and feel FULL -- i feel GUILTY. I irrationally think in my mind that if i feel full i must have cheated or done somthing wrong. Has anyone else experienced this?

I guess I have dieted so much in my life i associate lossing weight with feeling deprived and hungry. One of the most surprising things to me is exactly how FULL i do feel using the MF products.

In the past i have had trouble actually being able to feel hunger- i jsut ate when the clock told me to and I ate until the food was gone. On MF i have found that every three hours i starting feeling "someting odd". When i look at the clock I realize it has been 3 hours since i last ate. I am trying to learn to associate that "odd feeling" with hunger.
Ms April in Arkansas
"Dance like no one is watching!"

MsApril
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 23rd, 2005, 7:48 am

MsApril~~Try to associate that full feeling with JOY instead of guilt. Celebrate the fact that you are getting full on less now. :yay:

I am amazed at how quickly I feel full when I eat my lean & green. In the past I could have eaten 2 to 3 times as much as I eat now. I love it that I get full quicker because I know that means I am succeeding.

You are doing a great job MsApril. Sometimes we have to retrain ourselves from our old ways and our old thoughts.

Keep Shakin!! :dance:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby LeeannNH » May 23rd, 2005, 8:30 am

msapril! oh my gosh, i hear ya on that one! i was eating thousands of calories a day and still dont understand how these little shakes and that lean and green feel me up either. isnt it amazing? i never felt full, i was eating compulsively and now i am eating for life. i cant let myself feel guilty for that, even though those thoughts do creep in.

i think you are right about the diet=deprivation feeling. i am shocked when i weigh in and it is a loss. :shock: how in the world can this work!!

oh well ill just accept it.

donicab is right--we need to embrace this most awesome discovery and celebrate :bounce:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby armeewyf » May 23rd, 2005, 9:07 am

You guys are right...when I am dieting and my tummy feels empty or hungry I feel "skinny" or maybe its "lighter". If I feel full or satisfied I feel like I am not losing...I guess its because when you eat out of control, you eat and eat whether hungry or not and you never feel empty. Hence the full = fat feeling. I am sure that being on the rollercoaster diet all my life has helped me form that mentality! :lol:

Hope everyone is doing well...after a cheat :x this weekend I am back on my MF mentality and NOTHING is going to deter me!

Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby fedup » May 23rd, 2005, 10:50 am

Don't feel guilty, you deserve praise for sticking to your plan! I do know what you mean though. I sometimes used to even feel guilty for my little pack of MF crackers each day. (I'd ask myself "would I lose quicker w/o those crackers????) Till I realized those crackers kept me sane! I saw them as my little treat each day. (same with my bar)
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.