MerryMary

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DonnaS » June 25th, 2007, 9:27 am

Hello Mary, I'm popping in just to say hello and to let you know that you and your mom are still in my thoughts and prayers. Hope your weekend was good.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 26th, 2007, 7:13 pm

Hi Merry,
Just stopping in to see how you're doing and say "hello". 8)
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » June 28th, 2007, 8:30 pm

OK!!!...where are uuuuuuuuuuuu?????
Thinking of you my friend:+)
Hope everything is going well.

Love you,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » June 29th, 2007, 2:36 am

I am saying a prayer for you and your Mom right now Mary.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tawanda » June 29th, 2007, 7:45 am

Didn't she say she was traveling to Chicago to spend time with her mother? I'm sure she'll check in when she is back home.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby KeleeGrl » June 29th, 2007, 9:59 am

Mary, just wanted to let you know your in my thoughts.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » June 29th, 2007, 1:07 pm

Thanks Tawanda for reminding us about the Chicago trip.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sojourner » June 29th, 2007, 7:16 pm

Mary~
even though you're out-of-town, I thought I'd pop in to thank you for the kind words you recently posted in my journal.
Sharing your experience with me regarding your husband was very much appreciated...thank you.

I hope you're doing well and that your trip to Chicago is all that you need it to be.
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby MerryMary » July 2nd, 2007, 9:06 pm

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and concern. Tawanda was right -- I was in Chicago. Sorry for the vague "I'm flying" comment in the Weight Room when I left. I was literally out the door on my way to the airport when I posted my 80# loss thus far! :lol:

My visit with my Mom and brother was nice and productive although we are not on the same page as far as Mom's long-term care is concerned. I think he is in denial ... or perhaps overly optimistic that her condition can be improved with medication. He is taking her to an internist who specializes in geriatric medicine on the 10th so we should have a clearer picture of the situation at that time.

While I was there we checked out a nursing home with a dementia unit. We got a lot of questions answered and I liked it a lot. It's a Catholic facility (complete with sisters who are nurses) so one of the patient "activities" is daily Mass. Having taken Communion to the elderly in nursing homes I know first hand how this spiritual dimension can have a positive impact on the patient bringing them comfort and peace. I am going to make comparisons with some facilities here in TX as well. It's not that I think $6000 per month (yikes!) is too much for 24/7 care. I think a part of me would like her closer ...

I took my Medifast Meals with me ... they were in my carry-on bag and my less important essentials (like toiletries, make up and clothing) were in my checked luggage. One has to keep their priorities straight! ;) LOL Besides, if the checked bag gets lost its contents can be replaced--but the grub? No, that stays with me! :lol: I prepared all the meals for my family when I was there. It doesn't bother me to cook, in fact I enjoy it. Being on Medifast doesn't afford me the opportunity to do that much ... except for the L&G which is hardly cooking!

My brother and I did go to a movie one night and I had a small buttered popcorn. 8) It was delicious! Hadn't had any probably since February. I was so pleased with myself that I could actually be TOTALLY satisfied with the small size too. I used to get the large and the free refill--with extra butter-layered! :o Just so there is no confusion, popcorn (buttered or not) is not on the approved list of Medifast snacks--it is not a "lean" nor is it a "green"-- it was merely my choice to have some. I did account for the extra calories/carbs in my food diary but have no idea how it may have affected my weight since that was 3 days before I got home (and I don't travel with a scale).

Went for a massage today ... it was heavenly! I get one every two weeks but I had to reschedule Friday's appointment since I was away. I asked my therapist if he was using a different technique it felt soooooo good. He said he wasn't but said my muscles were "much more defined" since I lost weight. I guess that means with less fat I feel more! LOL! What a great NSV--better effectiveness of massage therapy!

I guess I got a bit lengthly tonight ... I don't usually have this much to say.
Once again ... Thank you for checking in on me and I do appreciate your continued prayerful support!
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby queenielou » July 2nd, 2007, 10:04 pm

Hi Mary,

Glad to hear that your trip was productive and safe. I hope that your mother's visit to the doctor next week will help your brother with his decision making. Quality care is really expensive, but it is absolutely worth it knowing that your loved one is receiving good care. My mother went to an assisted living facility a few months ago and the money is well spent compared to the care she was receiving before she moved there.

I'm also happy to hear that you were able to stop with a small popcorn. I still have lots of trouble with wanting more.

What type of massages do you get? It sounds lovely, especially with your new NSV.

Take care.
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou

Postby Patty » July 3rd, 2007, 3:20 am

Mary -

Wanted to stop by and leave some hugs your way..sounds like the trip went as well as can be expected. I will be making one in Aug with my daughter to see my Mom one last time...nervous but a part of life I know.

Take care :hug:
~Patty~

Back on track - 11/23/07

Patty

Postby Tawanda » July 3rd, 2007, 6:52 am

Mary, glad you are safely back home.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby MerryMary » July 3rd, 2007, 7:12 am

queenielou wrote:Glad to hear that your trip was productive and safe. I hope that your mother's visit to the doctor next week will help your brother with his decision making. Quality care is really expensive, but it is absolutely worth it knowing that your loved one is receiving good care. My mother went to an assisted living facility a few months ago and the money is well spent compared to the care she was receiving before she moved there.

I'm also happy to hear that you were able to stop with a small popcorn. I still have lots of trouble with wanting more.

What type of massages do you get? It sounds lovely, especially with your new NSV.

Thank you for the kind words, Queenie! It's true that quality care is expensive and I agree with you that quality care = quality living. Living with dignity. I know my brother will come around in time, I only pray I don't have to force the issue. But I will if I have to.

I found it funny how you worded my having popcorn at the movies ... "you were able to stop with a small popcorn." Hmmm... I only allowed myself a small popcorn, so when it was gone, it was gone! :lol: I'm not so sure I would have been "able to stop" with having the same amount if I ordered a large bag. I'm just being realistic. One of the things Medifast is teaching me is how very little food it takes to satisfy hunger and feed our bodies ... or quench our tastebuds!

My massages are a combination of Swedish and deep tissue. My therapist also uses some oriental techniques. There have been studies that indicate massage may directly aid in fat loss. The theory is that massage is thought to be able to burst the fat capsule in subcutaneous tissue so that the fat exudes and becomes absorbed. Sounds logical not sure if it is true though. There are, however, many proven benefits to massage therapy but I go primarily because it makes me feel good! :D
MARY
MerryMary

Postby MerryMary » July 3rd, 2007, 7:21 am

Patty wrote:Wanted to stop by and leave some hugs your way..sounds like the trip went as well as can be expected. I will be making one in Aug with my daughter to see my Mom one last time...nervous but a part of life I know.

Thank you for your kinds words and for the hugs! We can't have enough encouragement during times like these. I hope that you and your daughter have a good trip--I understand the anxiety you are feeling. It is never easy to be with our loved ones especially when we think it may be the last time. Our fear of the future without them gets in the way of our present moment with them. I encourage you to speak the love that is in your heart. Nothing you want to say will be out of place or silly. I assure you, your Mom will know exactly where you are coming from. It's really all about our love for one another, isn't it? You will be in my prayers! :hug:
MARY
MerryMary

Postby MerryMary » July 3rd, 2007, 7:23 am

Tawanda wrote:Mary, glad you are safely back home.

Thanks!
MARY
MerryMary

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal