Mellowmom

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Arklahoma » August 26th, 2006, 5:35 pm

ROFL ~ I love, love, love your stinky breath graphic!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » August 27th, 2006, 12:14 pm

Hi Carmel,
Hope you're doing better! I WISH I would've had a car and been able to meet you this week! I will definitely DEMAND a car next time!

Just catching up on your progress...
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby mellowmom » September 3rd, 2006, 9:20 am

Well...it's been a great journey so far. I decided to go back in the Forum and look up my old "Wish List" of things I wanted to accomplish as I took this voyage to reclaim my health.

Here's the list from back in April '06:

10) To weigh less than what my Driver's License currently says.

9) To buy a pair of jeans with no elastic waist and with a zipper!

8. To get off the "Chubby Chasers" bulletin boards and meet guys who like me for me, and not my size! (How's that for a switch?)

7) To no longer worry that people will confuse my first name, "Carmel" with "Big Sur".

6) To have the food hit the napkin on MY LAP...not my tummy.

5) To have a lap to put the napking on!

4) To have my tummy and my rear end arrive at the same spot at approximately the same time. (Right now they're practically in different time zones!)

3) To make my mom an honest woman... (For the past 35 years she's been telling me I only need to lose 10 or 15 pounds and I'd look good).

2) To have a sideways. (Currently, I have none...)

and the number one reason I have to lose weight....

To Dance at my Granddaughter's Wedding (She just turned three!)

I've actually completed #4 through #10 and #2. With an asterisk next to #8 (more about that one later). #3 is doable, if not by the end of the year, then sometime by her birthday in March.

And of course, #1 is a long, long ways off. She started pre-school this past week!

Guess I'll have to think of some new "challenges". Stay tuned.
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby mellowmom » September 3rd, 2006, 9:41 am

I have a "date" tonight. I'm feeling nervous. Not exactly a "blind date". he's seen picture, so I think he knows what to expect, but still... I've read on dating sites how some guys say they're fine with going out with a BBW, but when they meet in person, it turns out that talk is cheap and they bolt in the other direction. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it, if it does occur. He seems very nice, we've chatted a bit over staticy cell phones. I'm just going to have to hike up the old big girl panties and get this over with. Will let you know how it goes..if he shows...
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom

Postby kendra_m » September 5th, 2006, 7:31 am

Carmel,

Congrats on meeting so many of your goals! That's awesome.

Hope the date went well.... it's a scary world out there! Just to add... sometimes guys bolt on women who aren't BBW... they're just wacky like that!

Take care,
kendra

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Of Ribs and Clavicles and Hiking in RainForests

Postby mellowmom » September 14th, 2006, 10:10 pm

This has just been the most amazing journey, so far. I truly feel like I've been reborn.

Just got back from a 9 day vaction up into Washington State. First four days I spent on the Kitsap Peninsula with my "fellow escapee" er.. "retiree" from the Mercury News. She lives in Poulsbo and we traveled by ferry back and forth to Seattle, cruised the Hope Canal and Locks, wandered around "Point No Point" on the Puget Sound and the ultimate trek was a hike through a "Nature Conservatory" rain forest onto a beach called "Foul Weather Bluff". I can't believe I actually hiked. Six months ago I wouldn't have fit in the "entrance" (literally a small hole off the road leading into a lush forest), let alone be able to hike around an undulating trail in a rainforest!

My friend hadn't seen me since December of last year and when I walked off the plane she actually squealed! She's a real fitness nut, and when she said I looked good and was really proud of how far I had come, it really meant a lot. She especially couldn't get over how thin my face had gotten and that I actually had a neck!

The final five days I spent in Spokane with my best friend from HighSchool. She met me at the airport by the luggage carousel and I heard her say out loud when she saw me..."You look terrific....and taller!" We visited a lot of our old haunts and the highlight was a 400 mile roundtrip to Yakima where we met up with my highschool sweetheart! I hadn't seen him in 38 years! We went out for lunch and spent the next couple of hours catching up. What a trip!

I never would have done any of the above if I hadn't lost this weight. I know I still have a long way to go...but man, it has been such a liberating experience so far. I'm sending Unca Tim a picture taken at the "Fish Ladders" in Seattle. I think you can see in it what a difference this program has made for me so far.

I hope that all of you take advantage of the "freedom to do and be" that being on this program affords all of us. Keep shakin' and be stirred.
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom

Re: Of Ribs and Clavicles and Hiking in RainForests

Postby Sojourner » September 14th, 2006, 10:37 pm

mellowmom wrote:Keep shakin' and be stirred.

That saying rocks, Carmel!
Get out there and live life, right?
I'm glad you had such a good time on vacation.
Better yet that it was filled with NSVs, huh?
You're new avatar, BTW, is beautiful!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby JeepGirl » September 15th, 2006, 5:54 am

Carmel~~It seems like you had a delightful trip and I am so glad! What great NSV's~~and the hiking wooohoooo!!

Welcome back!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » September 15th, 2006, 6:00 am

Carmel, That is such a beautiful area! We passed through there on our way to Vancouver last year and I've vowed to go back and explore the Seattle area. Sounds like you had a blast.

I don't know about you, but everything is more fun knowing that I couldn't have done it last year (or would have moaned and complained through it all). Life is good, eh? (a little Canadian speak there for Unca)

You are a Medifast success story. Keep up the good work....it just gets better and better and better!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby kendra_m » September 15th, 2006, 7:10 am

Carmel,
Welcome back! Glad that you had such a great vacation. The way that you describe how your weight loss has changed so much is veryyy inspirational... thanks for sharing!

Kendra

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby mellowmom » September 29th, 2006, 9:31 am

Well this morning I almost made the 100 pound club. The scale stopped at 99 pounds...hopefully by Sunday I'll have made it.

Been posting less these past few weeks... spending a lot of time re-examining my MF trip so far. It's amazing that after almost 100 pounds I still have difficulty seeing myself as a "smaller" person. What's that all about?

When I look in the mirror, I can tell I've lost "some" weight, and when I go shopping..(which by the way is a huge NSV for me right there because I absolutely HATED shopping before) it amazes me that that I can actually walk into a regular department store and find things that fit me.

Yesterday I went to our local "London Fog" outlet (which is going out of business) to see if I could find a long raincoat for the upcoming winter season. There was a long rack of them in the back, marked down from $187 to $44.95! Double breasted with a belt! A Belt!!! Who was I kidding,...I haven't worn anything with a belt since before I was pregnant with my first child... (For those with calculators that would be 32 years ago). But I decided to look at them anyhow. I found a size 20 (when I started MF I was wearing 30-32) and to my surprise it was too big! So I tried the 18..ditto. Well, a size 16 must work...and it did, it fit perfectly with just a smidgen of extra room...so you know what I did.. I bought the 14! It's a little snug, but I figure by the time I really need it, later next month it should fit perfectly. I could button it and the belt easily went around my newly found waist. I almost cried...

Shaking and Stirred..
Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom

Postby alpha femme » September 29th, 2006, 10:44 am

that's awesome, carmel.

:D
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby kmr » September 29th, 2006, 10:48 am

:whoohoo: :whoohoo: :whoohoo: :yourock:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » September 29th, 2006, 2:35 pm

That's so great!!! I know what you mean about the head not catching up with the body, though.

How's the dating world?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mellowmom » September 29th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Glad someone else understands my confusion over what I perceive as my weight loss and what I actually have lost...

Dating world is just moving right along. My Marine, alas, has fallen along the wayside. Too much drama...too many apologies followed with more of the same. (When one apologizes doesn't that mean you won't do it again?) So moving right along, my current online "beau" is an Italian named Lorenzo... He works in the rainforests of Brazil buying already destroyed areas for a couple of European, and one American agribusiness looking to grow some kind of plant (he told me the name but I cant remember it off hand) that can be converted into bio-diesel... (He is either a really good liar, or one of the more fascinating people I have ever been in contact with...) At any rate, it's fun to talk to him...no hope of meeting soon. He lives in New York when he's not in Brazil.

Other than that...nothing else going on. Just hanging in there, looking forward to hitting that -100 Pound club by Sunday.

Love reading your Maintenance diary... gives me a good idea what to expect and how to handle it when my time comes..

Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal