MEDIFASTERS UNITE!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

MEDIFASTERS UNITE!!

Postby LilMsTexas » May 28th, 2005, 5:44 pm

:coach: ATTENTION ALL YOU MFers OUT THERE!! Many of us are SERIOUSLY talking about a MAKE ME THINNER FORUM get-together this fall 8)

I have been happily designated as the PARTY PLANNER and I am TOTALLY PSYCHED about it!!

We are in the very beginning stages so there will be MUCH discussion regarding the: Month/date, location, length of event, entertainment venue. Because we are basically already in June at this point I am going to throw out a FALL FLING theme ;) I'm thinking October because June is to soon, July I will HOPEFULLY be having surgery and it's really to soon for me too, August is a big vacation month for a lot of people with kiddos out of school, Donna is having surgery in September, November and December are out for obvious family holiday reasons....that leaves us with October :D Now having said all that there is nothing written in stone.

Length of Event: I'm thinking 4-day weekend. For those of us working away from home that just means two days off from work. Friday and Monday can be for traveling for those of you who aren't into flying ;) or who just prefer to drive. That also means some of you who are driving can stop and pick up a friend or two along the way possibly.

Location is the next big challenge. There is a large population of us losers on the East Coast so that is an obvious choice....but....we don't have to be alllll the way over here. AND...the East Coast is a big place so we will have to narrow it down as well. What I would like to hear about is what are we interested in? I'm thinking of finding a resort like Masanutten or some place that has hot tubs, massage, day spas!! I'm thinking pamper pamper pamper and relax relax relax. Some place that will accomodate as many of us as will come but be charming and warm and inviting for us to really have like a GIANT PAJAMA PARTY!! :shock: So start chiming in with ideas. Be prepared if you are suggesting a location near to you I will expect alot of participation from you in regards to organization and scheduling 8)

So...that gets us started. Start chiming in if you are interested, have ideas on location, dates, all the details ect. We sure hope we can make this work for everyone, but chances are slim that this will work out to fit everyone's schedule. We will work HARD to have the biggest and bestest crowd ever to get together!! Who wants to be a part of the FALL FLING ITTY BITTY PEOPLE COMMITTEE??
Let the games begin!!
CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » May 28th, 2005, 7:14 pm

Christi-

I have been seeing all the post talking about this but I have been sick for a week (starting to feel a little better today) so I haven't responded to many post. Anyway, I think it is a great idea. I live in Louisville, Ky. I am open to location as long as I can get there in a day trip. Keep us posted on when and where.

Angelia :-P
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby doglover » May 29th, 2005, 6:43 am

Yeah Christi!!! I am so excited about this idea! I am all up for anything and love the spa idea. Unfortunately I don't know of too many spas. Should we narrow down a state to meet in? Then we can start researching places in that state.

So if right now you are looking for a head count, I am in. I can fly/drive, does not matter. I am all for 4 days too. Good plan!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 29th, 2005, 12:15 pm

Hi Christi,
I looked up Masanutten on the internet last night (had never heard of it and was wondering where it is) and it sounds pretty cool. I'm in Texas, so to drive would be about 24 hours (per Mapquest), so then I looked up flight info and for a round trip - it would be about $200 - flying into Washington DC. So, how far is it from DC? Well, I don't know if I can committ, but I'm interested and I think it would be super-cool to get everyone together - and by then, several of us just might be at our goals....which would be a great celebration. Another idea - but might be too far away - would be Branson MO - or Nashville TN or New Orleans LA....I'm just trying to think of places that are touristy that would have lot of fun stuff to do - that I've never been to and want to visit - someday. There's someplace too (can't remember where) that has cruise ships docked where you can go gambling....I'm not much for gambling, but I've heard other people who have went and said it was fun experience. Oh well, I'm just throwing out some more stuff to think about - but I still like the spa thing too....can you believe I've never been to have a pedicure or massage or anything like that....but I think the main reason is I've never felt comfortable because of my weight....so it would be a neat reward for reaching goal (or coming close to it).

Thanks for putting this together - I can't wait to see what the final plans will be and hopefully I'll be able to come. Since I've had kids, I have NEVER been away from them for a Girls Trip like this. I think they sound wonderful - and am always a little jealous when my friends talk about their getaways, but I just don't think my husband could handle getting them to school on time and wherever else without screwing it up....he's VERY uninvolved with all of that because I just do it....maybe it would make him appreciate me more if HE actually had to do something once in awhile...hehe!!
Lisa
fatBgone

spa-girls (and guys)

Postby oregonrose » May 29th, 2005, 12:32 pm

sounds like fun! I would be flying so it doesnt really matter to me where it is. I will be so much thinner then! it would be so funny to have a party where we are all slurping away at the medifast buffet! (among other things, of course) youall are great. nancy
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 29th, 2005, 1:45 pm

Lisa.......D.C. is where I would pick you up at the airport and then Masanutten is only about an hour from where I live. The ideas your threw out there are really good too. I'm making notes on every idea and where everyone is from that wants to participate. When we get a good forum we'll start narrowing it down so keep the juices flowing.

And sweetie........let me just tell you one Texas woman to another......I KNOW what kind of wife you are and I KNOW what you've done to spoil your husband.....and well........he'll get over it and be just fine. Even if the kids look like hillbillies and eat ice cream for a couple of days they will manage too. And pedicures are God's gift to our feet and massages.....well........let's just say that no matter where we decide to go it WILL involve pedicures and massages ;) This is going to be alllllllll about pampering and being spoiled rotten!

Stay tuned to this channel ladies..........we're just getting started ;)
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby LuzInIt » May 29th, 2005, 2:00 pm

Christi - What an asset you are.... Some folks are so good at getting things going, and then there are the rest of us (moi) who sit around waiting for something to happen. I said it before, but here on the official UNITE site, I'm saying it again... count me in (for now!). You know, it never occurred to me that some of us (well, some of you) may not only be at goal, but well into Maintenance by October (hey that's only 4 - 4.5 months from now :shock: ). Why girl, you get that little pouch amputated and you might just get off the cuttin' table at goal :D . A four-day long weekend works perfectly for me. One of my favorite trips ever was a cruise from Miami to the Bahamas over four days - but there is no way I will suggest a cruise - seems like it's been a downfall for many. I'll be wearing my thinkin' cap in the coming days for an option for us all. What a great idea!
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 29th, 2005, 7:17 pm

Check out LANSDOWNE RESORT and tell me what you think. This is just my first looking around and want to get some feedback. I've read some reviews that sound really great. There are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many options.......I just want to get some feedback on the direction I'm taking. Don't hold back.........this is OUR celebration--NOT MINE!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby doglover » May 30th, 2005, 6:23 am

Hey Christi - I looked it up and it looks nice. The only concern I have is that I put in for 3 nights 10/21-10/24 and it was $627! That seemed high to me! We could share rooms too to help w/ the cost.

But I like the way you're thinking. I'm wondering if the cost was so high bec. it is so close to DC? What about some different historical places in VA? I'm not sure we'd find a spa there though. Anyway, you're doing great to be looking into all this!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby LilMsTexas » May 30th, 2005, 6:56 am

Oh yeah.........there are TONS! I was actually thinking we might want to stay at another local hotel Friday night with everyone arriving at different times and go to the spa Saturday morning..........OR.......just shoot for a Saturday arrival and leave sometime Sunday or Monday to return home. That's why we have so much to figure out. And oh my gosh there are TONS of historical AND mountainous (is that a word?) spas and locals. And yes I'm assuming we will share rooms for sure.......that just makes it MORE fun........even thinking of a suite that we can open up the adjoining door 8)
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby fatBgone » May 30th, 2005, 7:07 am

Hey Christi,
I was thinking last night before I fell asleep :snooze: that there's a Monday holiday in October....(Columbus Day or Veteran's Day???) that the kids usually get out of school for, so if we shoot for that weekend, it might make it a little easier on our DH's (especially those that are mentally challenged - like mine! :roflmao:) I didn't look it up, but I kinda think it's the 2nd Monday of October....I'll check on a calendar later. It would also be good though for any of you that work (if that's an off holiday) so you wouldn't have to take extra time off.
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby LilMsTexas » May 30th, 2005, 8:15 am

Nowwwwwwwwwww we're putting our thinking caps on hehe Yeah you're right.....there is a holiday weekend and I would have that Monday off as well some others I'm sure. I'll check the calendar.......seems like we're pretty decided on October......haven't heard anyone say no yet. I'm still wanting to get an idea of how many people we're talking about too. Hopefully everyone will start chiming in by tonight when all the festivities are over 8)
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby doglover » May 30th, 2005, 9:34 am

That's a great idea for the on off! Good one! I'm glad you want to share rooms too! I love the suite idea. I can even sleep on a couch (I love to actually!) if more than 2 people want to bunk in a room!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby martha » May 30th, 2005, 9:17 pm

Hey Christi,
Was just reading about the little get together and I would love to go.. I have never been up your way and on one of the ladies said something aobut 600.00.. I too think this is a little high and hope you can find something cheaper.. I'm all up for sharing some rooms.. someone suggested New Orleans, Branson,Mo and even Gatlinburg,Tn. These are allreally nice and All of these places have alot to do.. just keep us all posted as to when and where as I have to make arrangements for someone to keep my mom.. Thanks for the great idea and I look forward to meeting everyone I have read about on the forum,.. I am about 30 miles from the gulf coast here in Mississippi, so I don't know if I will fly (only done 1 time) or drive.. WOW!! I'm excited already..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 31st, 2005, 5:27 am

Just to put everyone's mind at ease there is NO WAY I am doing ANYTHING that costs 600 dollars :shock: It is right before the holidays and although I love you guys I AM a STATE EMPLOYEE and my husband is ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY :shock: We're not rollin' in the bucks around here lol Rest assured we are going to have an awesome trip with reasonable amounts of money spent. It certainly costs to have spa treatments but we don't need to sell the farm to do it!! hehehe

have a great week everybody,
christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Next

Return to Come on in.