MEDIFASTERS UNITE!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby want2Bthin » May 31st, 2005, 9:27 am

Christi-

I was concerned about the expense as well. I feel better knowing we will get that amount down. I told my hubby about it when you first mentioned and he said it sounds like fun. I am very excited about the idea of meeting everyone. Looking forward to hearing where and when. I think Gatlinburg, TN is a great idea also. We go there usually once a year. The best thing to do for that location would be to rent a large chalet and split the cost. It is much cheaper then a hotel and you can get a great mountain view. I am open to anywhere though.

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

tumbleweed

Postby tumbleweed » May 31st, 2005, 4:20 pm

Wow Christi thats sounds like such a blast! Maybe after it is decided where it will be held we could take a poll of whos coming from what area and some people may be able to meet up to car pool. We could make signs to put in our car windows reading....Medifast spa weekend or bust.. :drive: :drive: :drive: .. lol.... Alot of us will be at goal by then, I sure will and I will be looking so hot I dont know if my DH will want me to take off for a weekend without him... but he will get over it. Sounds like alot of fun to me! :D
tumbleweed
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby martha » May 31st, 2005, 5:41 pm

I love the car pool idea.. especially with the signs in the windows.. how cool is that? after all we are all proud of MF..am getting sooo excited about this spa weekend... Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby noexcuse » June 1st, 2005, 9:40 am

Everything sounds great i just need a date.. :D The one spa site looks nice too, I don't have any suggestion on a place, I am thinking about it though.
Eccl 3:1 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. (Now is the time to acheive your goal)

Ali
noexcuse
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 1st, 2005, 10:51 am

I'd be interested. A lot will depend on the when and the where. Understanding that it's an east-coast or Tenn. area thing, I can't make a definite commitment right now, but I've done stranger things so I'll certainly look to see if I could make it!

Besides, it would be highly motivating to me to be faithful to the program, then, because I'd want to be at goal by then!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » June 1st, 2005, 1:33 pm

I would be very interested as well. Like 24K it will depend on the when and the where, but count me right now. I am flexible as I am in the middle of the country....In MInneSOOOHDA.

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » June 5th, 2005, 7:16 am

I love the idea also. The when and where is definitely something that would be a determining factor for me. As a teacher it is very difficult to get time off. I only get 2 personal days a year and I am not even sure if I get to take them together. There is one day(a Friday) in Oct. that I know they will not allow me to miss but I can't remember off the top of my head which one that is. We don't take off for any holidays in Oct. here in Missouri.

I would really love to come and would be willing to even take a day of docked pay to do it. I will try to find out which Friday it is that I know I cannot miss.

This sounds soooo exciting.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » June 5th, 2005, 7:32 pm

Terry and I have birthdays in October and we love to go to special places to celebrate. Oh, how we would enjoy traveling out your way for a special MakeMeThinner Family Reunion.

I am so glad that you are reconsidering the prices - $600 would be way over our budget. Our airfare will be pricey from the west coast.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 6th, 2005, 2:58 am

While I am on my convelescent leave I am going to work on our trip. Never fear.........600 dollars is waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of my budget too. We're going to have tons of fun and be pampered.....but we're not gonna rob the bank to do it :shock: And we would be OH MY GOSH THRILLED if you and Terry and Tim joined us!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sablebaby » June 25th, 2005, 6:15 pm

Hey, are you guys still planning this get together? I see it has been a few weeks since you last talked about it. Just wondering if it's still going on as it sounds like fun! :D
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby LilMsTexas » June 25th, 2005, 6:49 pm

Yes.......we're still planning on it. I've had sooooooo much going on trying to get ready to be away from work for a few weeks that I haven't even been on here as much as I like.

The month of July while on recovery from surgery I"m going to have some time to do some computer research and get our ideas going. We're shooting for just a long weekend.......somewhere we can get some pampering..........and remain on a descent budget ;)

Stay tuned.......more info to follow :D
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby LuzInIt » June 26th, 2005, 4:03 am

OH MY GOSH CHRISTI :shock: . It's almost July and time for your nip and tuck. Wow, time flies. You must be getting so excited. Please keep us informed. Besides loving you to death and wanting to know what's going on, many of us are also fantasizing about a little future upgrade work being done on these thinning vessels of ours. I know you had to have your other nasty procedures done by that big old military doc - are you in an army hospital for your tummy job as well? I'd almost rather have a big, ugly goon-of-a-surgeon messin' with my flab than one of those good-looking Hollywood types, as seen on the make-over shows. And I am definitely still up for a MEDIFASTERS UNITE!
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 26th, 2005, 4:27 am

Linda,
hehehe I'm laughing at what you said about the big good of a doctor lol. I am actually having it done by a female civilian doctor at Washington Hospital Center in D.C. They referred me to a man, but I had it changed to a woman. I have never had a problem with men doctors or GYNs, but this time I felt a woman would have a better understanding of my issues. She is head of the surgical team at the hospital and has a great reputation. I see her tomorrow for my pre-op appointment :shock: I will be making a full post of my journey beginning tomorrow for everyone to follow along. I know many people are interested and I hope to be informative and inspiring for others who are following behind me. And yes.......I am getting VERY nervous now!!! and VERRRRRRRRY EXCITED!!! I will let ya'll know how to contact me if you'd like, and I will also have Darren call Nancy after I am home to let her know all is well.

Talk to you soon and thanks for keeping check on me......I'll start the info thread tomorrow after my appt.
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Nancy » June 29th, 2005, 7:38 pm

I'll be be waiting for Darren to call me!

We are grateful for this opportunity for you, Christi. We pray that all your dreams come true regarding the success of your surgery.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby horsey girl » June 30th, 2005, 7:13 pm

Christy, There are a bunch of folks from the west coast and certainly quite a few of us from Texas so wouldn't a central location be better for the first time? I think somebody mentioned Branson and there are certainly many other possible locations. Just a thought. Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

PreviousNext

Return to Come on in.