Low Sodium Boullion

Add your favorite recipes.

Low Sodium Boullion

Postby Toxsiq » September 27th, 2005, 9:34 pm

ok so I love broth but I woke up feeling way too puffy after having it last week. So I stopped having broth and I looked for a lower sodium alternative. Herb Ox makes a "very low sodium" broth in chicken and beef, only 5mg v/s the around 700mg in regular boullion. So I had some tonight and it's SO not that good. :( It sounded too good to be true anyways. It's basically just like drinking a cup fulla liquid celery. Pungent, concentrated celery juice. So anyways I thought I'd just let you all know :) Maybe someone loves celery ;) This would be perfect then.

xoxo toxsiq
319/314/145

"The control of our being is not unlike the combination to a safe, each advance and retreat is a step toward ones final goal." -Bruce Lee
Toxsiq

Postby Unca_Tim » September 27th, 2005, 11:14 pm

Great find Toxsiq,
Thanks for sharing it with us....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby betz » October 1st, 2005, 11:37 am

*crackin' up* Next time I'm in the mood for celery water, I'll run out to the store and get some.

Man, that sounds awful. :D
betz
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Low Sodium Boullion

Postby Blondie » January 31st, 2006, 9:51 am

Hi there,
what about adding some of the Morton's lite salt which has 1/2 the sodium and maybe just adding some spices like the Mrs. Dash to give it flavor...?? I'm just trying to help, because I too retain water like an ocean! If I have pizza, the next morning, I can't even feel my fingers and take off my rings.
It's awful :(
Thanks,
Maria
Blondie

Return to Lean Cuisine