How bad is sodium?

Add your favorite recipes.

How bad is sodium?

Postby ascicles » March 11th, 2006, 5:10 pm

I have been making bouillon when I am hungry (plus, I love soup), but is the 900mg of sodium hurting me? In addition to that, I found some teriyaki sauce that I like from Carb Options. Everything seems excellent except for 500mg of sodium.

I've always thought that sodium is ok when you are drinking such a large quantity of water, but I just wanted to make sure.

So, is eating this much sodium (in addition to the normal amount in meals) harmful to the plan?

I've never actually eaten bouillon on it's own, but I have found it to be really tasty. I bought some zesty garlic beef flavored as well, and look forward to trying that tommorow. I can't wait to purchase some medifast crackers. This will make a nice "first course" to my dinner each night!
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby DogMa » March 12th, 2006, 12:27 pm

Do you have high blood pressure or any other condition that is affected by sodium? If not, it's fine. I'd drink even more water than normal if you're having a lot, though, to cut down on water retention.

On the rare day that I have a pickle or anything else that's extra salty, I try to add an extra glass or two of water.
Last edited by DogMa on March 12th, 2006, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ascicles » March 12th, 2006, 2:26 pm

Nah, my blood pressure is fine. I've been trying to drink more water, so maybe I'll increase it a bit more.
ascicles

Return to Lean Cuisine