A long and very hot, but exciting weekend

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

A long and very hot, but exciting weekend

Postby DonicaB » June 27th, 2005, 7:13 am

I have been extremely busy this weekend so I haven't been around much. My youngest son (14) played in a Gus Macker 3-on-3 basketball tournament this weekend. The temperatures were at least 95 to 100 both days and there was very little shade.

Gus Macker is a very big deal around here. There are Gus Macker tournaments all over the Mid-west and in the east, but I haven't heard of any out west. There were 125 teams competing in the tournament. 14 of those teams were in his age bracket. Anyway, he and three of his friends played all weekend and were very excited because they won 3rd place. It looked like we were heading to the championship game but 2 of our players were very sick from the heat. We were very happy and very proud of all of the boys.

I thought maybe I would have sweated off about 5# it was sooooo hot, but I didn't. I had to constantly drink water and kept wet towels on my legs and arms to help stay cool.

I know this has nothing to do with MF, I just wanted to share our exciting weekend.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby LeeannNH » June 27th, 2005, 7:41 am

donicab :D

that is awesome about your sons 3rd place win! we dont have children but it must be a real hoot to see them having a good time. im glad you posted this because you sound like you had a nice time and werent consumed by food. which is wonderful :mrgreen:

it was hot here too this weekend (still hot today actually). we dot have AC as it doesnt stay hot in nh very long...but yikes these past couple of days have been brutal. 8)

anyway..i have to run so, have a great week!
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Dean0408 » June 27th, 2005, 8:01 am

Wow Donica......When I saw the title of your post I was anticipating reading about a no-holds-barred sexy getaway weekend someplace.......with graphic details.........hehe :mrgreen: (j/k)

Reading about the tournaments took me back to when I used to watch my daughter play t-ball, then softball..........and my nephews playing in their baseball tournaments. (the tournaments always seemed to be on holiday week ends........Memorial Day.........etc.

Baseball can be very beneficial for the old wallet too.........my brother got a full college scholarship through baseball.

As far as the post not being Medifast related goes.........heck, just reading about how hot it was made me lose three pounds!!!

Have a great week!!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 27th, 2005, 9:03 am

Dean0408 wrote:Wow Donica......When I saw the title of your post I was anticipating reading about a no-holds-barred sexy getaway weekend someplace.......with graphic details.........hehe :mrgreen: (j/k)

Dean, you are such a hoot! I bet you keep Heidi laughing!

Donica- I bet your son was very happy about 3rd place! If I had stayed in the heat like you did I probably would of gained 5 pounds in water weight! :mrgreen: Thanks for letting us know about your weekend.

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » June 28th, 2005, 6:11 am

Sorry to disappoint you Dean. I guess I better be more careful how I title my posts, huh?

My son likes to play several sports. He loves football as well as basketball. He also plays baseball, but I think that is his least favorite of the three. We love sports, so we really encourage him to keep at it. We are hoping it will pay off someday in the form of a scholarship. He is a very good athlete and is very competitive. I love to watch him play.

LeeannNH~~As far as being able to stay compliant......that was easy.......it was sooooo hot that noone was hungry. However, yesterday I was starving. I guess it just caught up with me.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room