Little dizzy

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Little dizzy

Postby star85 » January 5th, 2004, 8:23 am

Hey Gang!
Today is day 5 for me. So far so good. The first 3 days were actually very easy for me. Last night though, around 7 P.M. I got very hungry so I doubled up on my last 2 supplements. I had the chili for dinner then a bar for dessert. I was o.k. after that. At night it's been hard because I've been drinking so much water that I have to keep running to the bathroom throughout the night, which I usually never do. I wake up so tired. Well today is the 1st day back to my regular schedule with the kids. Winter recess is over! That means getting up extra early. I started my supplements earlier today because of my schedule. Around 9 a.m. I felt alittle dizzy after grocery shopping and putting all the groceries away. I made a cup of boullion with crackers and some Crystal Lite. I feel a little better now. My husband told me this morning as he was leaving for work, "keep up the good work and stick to your program!" I can't believe how much he's really rooting for me with this program. ( Exuse me gentlemen), but ladies you'll understand when I say I think I'm starting to P.M.S. and I get it bad! I hope it doesn't hinder my progress with the food cravings I usually get. Anyway I picked up a bottle of Atkins cherry syrup to add to my chocolate shakes. I'm getting my P.M.S. ammo ready!! (hee,hee) Well keep up the good work everyone. Gotta go, I'm off to the races again!
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 5th, 2004, 1:45 pm

Hey lady! You are doing great!! :)

Your body is still adjusting to the much lower calorie level. Sounds like your are (were) prepared for that to happen! Just remember to keep your supplements on a schedule. That helps me!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: Little dizzy

Postby explorthis » January 5th, 2004, 2:34 pm

star85 wrote:I felt alittle dizzy after grocery shopping and putting all the groceries away. I made a cup of boullion with crackers and some Crystal Lite. I feel a little better now.

I'm getting my P.M.S. ammo ready!! (hee,hee)

Its actually called "Orthostatic Hypotension" Nice .25 cent words...

I regailed the same symptoms to my local Doctor to no avail. All she said was I was loosing weight too fast, and my body was not used to it, and it was not healthy (though my blood tests were perfect in all areas - go figure). She was a stand in for my regular Doctor who was in a seminar.

I read all about the symptoms, and searched high and low, finally discovered what it was. Finally met w/my Doctor, thinking it was a lack of Potassium, and even a lack of sodium.. was not.

This "small" continual problem happens to many that loose weight rapidly, robbing the body of all the sugar and additional sodium you are used to putting into it. There is no cure (per my Doctor) Seems to be a real common occurance. It has happened to me for almost 4 months... I found that Boullion does help, but does not cure the symptoms completely.

There is nothing you can do, except realize it will (might) happen, and be prepared for it, by cautiously getting up from a sitting or laying position and prepare yourself. Even 119 days (today) into Medifast with the most astonishing results, this is a small hiccup in the overall program, that is managable if you are aware it will (might) occur. My occurances happen 1-2-3 times a day, and last for 1-2-3 seconds at a time, then they go away 100%

Say it with me: Orthostatic Hypotension, or just call it "light headedness"

Hope this enlightens you a pinch...

As for the PMS part... uh.. I need not know any details about this, though it makes me GLAD to be a man.... WHEW!

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 6th, 2004, 8:34 pm

wow....i'll give you a buck for that word Mike...
:D
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Jeanette » January 6th, 2004, 8:36 pm

My goodness, Mr Mike--such BIIIIG words! ;)
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Weight Loss