lilgorg

1 Thread per registered User.

lilgorg

Postby lilgorg » June 8th, 2006, 8:35 am

this is such a great idea! a place to keep my notes of my MF journey. :D yay! i only hope that i can do a good job of logging on here and noting my ups and downs pretty regularly.

just logging in to start this up. i'll actually journal some later...

~kim
lilgorg
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby lilgorg » June 12th, 2006, 4:39 pm

so i got back from my 4-day trip to Seattle yesterday. i cannot believe how easy this plan is and how i was able to stick to it while on vacation. i thought i might slip but no such thing happened.

i do have to admit that i slipped a slight bit though. my family went out to a mexican restaurant and i ordered a fajita steak salad and asked for everything on the side. i did put a sprinkle of cheese on the salad and i used ranch dressing! :shock: BUT i didn't pour the ranch dressing on it, i dipped my fork in the dressing and ate it that way. i don't think it did much harm. my other slip was last night when i got back into town, instead of a sugar free popsicle, i had a sugar free fudgsicle. not sure if it's legal or not but it was dayam good! :)

i had such a good trip b/c my father, who hasn't seen me since in a month and a half, noticed that i lost weight. you have to understand, my dad is the kinda guy who never notices any weight loss, only weight gain. so to get a comment from him is worth gold! i got together with my friend who got me onto this MF plan in the first place. we started the same day, 31 days ago, and i hadn't seen him since april either. he looked so good and he felt the same towards me! it was so motivating to see him and it renewed my enthusiasm 2 get home and lose more weight. i'll see him again in 25 days. we've made a pact to lose 11 lbs each before then. i'm hoping to lose 15 but pacted 11 with him. oh, he also gave me a mint chocolate bar to try! OMG!!! those are going 2 be my new best friends! they are sooooo good.

i get so excited b/c i think that there is actually a light at the end of the tunnel this time. i love being on MF and i'm now one of those folks who needs to set an alarm to remind me to eat. woo hoo! :D well, just wanted to jot a lil and note that i went on my first vacation with MF and did quite well.

peace,
kim
lilgorg

Postby SharonR » June 12th, 2006, 6:10 pm

Girl you are to funny! Hey, where in Cali are you? Bay Area here.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby lilgorg » June 13th, 2006, 10:40 am

I'm in Bay Area too! i live in the east bay, work in the city. what about u?
lilgorg

Postby SharonR » June 13th, 2006, 12:13 pm

Girl, I'm in Martinez! How funny, we are neighbors!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby lilgorg » June 13th, 2006, 12:22 pm

we are so neighbors! :D i'm in hilltop. we should hook up for a L&G sometime. we started about the same time too...i started one month ago today, 5/13.
lilgorg

Postby SharonR » June 13th, 2006, 1:36 pm

where is Hilltop?

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby lilgorg » June 13th, 2006, 1:38 pm

right next to hercules & pinole. at the end of highway 4.
lilgorg

Postby lilgorg » June 14th, 2006, 9:35 am

well, it's my 33rd day on this MF trail and i can't believe how easy it still is for me. last nite i went to the gym for the first time in forever. i did 30 minutes on the ellyptical machine (it was late and that's all i could squeeze in). even tho it had been a while for me, i felt so good working out.

i feel like i'm just in such a different space in my life and it feels soooo good! it's crazy b/c i have so much energy that i start acting kinda wacky...i have to have hi energy music playing 24/7, no matter where i am. i'm always smilin and greeting everyone i pass. i know the folks of cali must think i'm high or something! it's such a good feeling tho.

tonite is my "usual" day to weigh in so it'll be exciting to see where i'm at. i don't have a good scale at home so i go to my in-laws to weigh in on their digital scale. it's ghetto style but it works for me so that i'm not on the scale every hour.
lilgorg

Postby SharonR » June 14th, 2006, 9:25 pm

Oh Ok, that in Richmond, right? We are so close!

Can't wait to hear how much you have lost so far, let us know!

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby lilgorg » June 15th, 2006, 11:47 am

yeah, it's right where richmond, san pablo and hilltop meet. i didn't weigh in yesterday. i'm going to go tonite.
lilgorg

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 17th, 2006, 9:40 pm

Oh Sure, don't post a 28.5 loss in 34 days on your journal...I will! Woo hoo!!!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby lilgorg » June 22nd, 2006, 11:07 pm

ok, ok, i'm a loser (no pun intended). i thought i'd be better at logging in my journal but i suck at this! i'll try to get better. i'm logging on just to note my latest accomplishment. i went to my in-laws to weigh in tonite and i'm down 31 lbs!!! :shock: i'm just absolutely amazed at my progress. this has been such an easy plan to follow.

i go home (seattle) to see my family in 2 weeks. i'm really hoping for some more big changes before then (i.e. no plateaus!).

i'm working out again a lil bit. not as much as i'd like cuz this new house is still taking up most of my time. for example, right now i'm supposed to be clearing out the garage for my new weight set that is being delivered in two days, but no, i'm here snoping around the forum. no worries tho, as long as the weight/inches continue to come off, i'm perfectly content. :D

well, this is going to be short cuz it's late, i'm tired and i need to do at least a lil clearing of my garage. i just had to post my latest accomplishment so that my health advisor doesn't come in here blasting me again for not posting (u know i luv u dede! ;) )

good nite all...keep shaking and have a wonderful rest of the week. peace and love from the Bay...kim
lilgorg

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 27th, 2006, 9:05 pm

Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby lilgorg » June 28th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Ok, ok, it’s about time for me to write in my journal cuz I’ve put it off long enough. The great news is that I’m sticking with the plan and it’s been amazing for me. The last time I weighed, 3 days ago, I was down 32.5 lbs. I was so amazed. At this point, I think I’m ready to release myself from the slavery of the scale. What does that mean? Well, I’ve lost over 30 lbs which was a good accomplishment but I think I’m ready to change my mindset about all this.

I say that cuz I’m starting to workout and lift weights and I know that the scale will probably start acting funny. I’m fully aware of the fact that muscle weighs more than fat so I’m most likely gonna go in the direction that my weight will slow and may even plateau a bit. But at the same time, my inches will go down and down. So my plan is to take my measurements (which I should’ve done at day 1) and start to keep track of my progress that way as well as on the scale. I’m writing this down so that I can remember it in case I get addicted to the scale again in the near future.

Also, I think I’m gonna have to change my weigh in days to Thursday s cuz Wednesday s just aren’t that convenient for me. Not sure what the scale will say tomorrow tho. I’ve been cutting up a lil bit with the soy crisps! And yesterday when I went to my in-laws, they had salmon for dinner (I LOVE SALMON) and I ended up having some! :shock: Not sure how that’s gonna affect me but hey, at least I passed on the cheesecake they had!

Overall, life is good and I’m so full of energy I still cannot stand it. :D Well, it’s not much but hey, it’s an entry. Until later…
lilgorg

Next

Return to My Journal