Like an invisible fly on a computer screen in the chat room.

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Like an invisible fly on a computer screen in the chat room.

Postby petals » December 11th, 2005, 12:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm petals. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I started the mf plan 5& 1 Jan 3, 04. Stayed totaly compliant for a couple months, then lots of things in my life got crazy and I went off. Trying over and over again to re-start, but could not get back on the band wagon. I lost thirty nine pounds, and actually started to feel those old feelings of what thin use to be... clothes loose, not breathing hard when walking, actually seeing my face loose the chin and see cheek bones... what a great feeling. So I let time go by until I knew mentaly I would be able to do this again no matter what.

So this time I started again on Dec 1, 2005 but am on the complete program, since I feel I had such a hard time with the lean & green. Especially when Auntie comes. I am doing really well this time. It almost seems easier... if you can call this easy. I only weigh once a month on the first of each month. I don't let the scale numbers effect me, it just makes me exited to see just how much I will lose, and try that much harder.

The first time I started I never posted anything, even though I read the posts all the time, until I completly went off mf and over the months gained back thirty one pounds. So I decided that if I was going to be really dedicated to this, I wanted to use every possitve avenue I could find. So this is why I am posting today, because I have come to know so many of you and I come here every day and just like an invisible fly on a computer screen, being uplifted and keeping me going... I have a really long way to go, and am hoping that together the journey will be a rewarding one.

I so appreciate that I have this wonderful place to come to, and know we are all here to help each other.

Take care and keep on shakin... to thinsville

Petals
Started 7-31-06
Height: 5'8"

~Don't sacrifice what you want NOW for what you want MOST~

petals
Trusted Member

Welcome

Postby Jan » December 11th, 2005, 12:19 pm

Hi Petals,
Welcome to the forum -- glad you let us all know you are here. We'll watch for you -- be sure and post on roll call once each month so we can cheer for you as the pounds leave. Don't worry we all have quite the journey -- even those of us on maintenance. Those foody things still look pretty good but thin looks even better. It's just a matter or readjusting our thoughts. I say our brain and eyes say "oh look!! yum yum!!" but our poor tummy says "oh no!!! don't send that down -- I'll have to try and digest it!! It will make me sick!" We need to listen to our stomachs and ignore the other messages.
I'm looking forward to hearing more from you
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » December 11th, 2005, 1:49 pm

Hi Petals and welcome to our group. I'm glad you decided to introduce yourself. I have a long way to go, too, but not as long as I did 8 weeks ago when I started. I know you can do it if you follow the plan. It's an amazing plan with many many rewards.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Hyperion » December 11th, 2005, 3:02 pm

Hi Petals,

Welcome to the group. You have a great challenge in front of you, maybe considered as the biggest you ever faced in your life (for me it is).

Day by day, your wishes will be realized, praise be to you. Come here anytime you need advice, it works!!!
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Thank you for the nice welcome

Postby petals » December 11th, 2005, 7:54 pm

Thank you ,

Jan, Serendipity and Hyperion... for such a nice welcome. I look forward
to getting to thinsville together.

Petals
Started 7-31-06

petals
Trusted Member

You can JUST DO IT!

Postby NE gal in South » December 13th, 2005, 3:12 pm

I know, I did it at 60 yrs. + I lost 157 lbs. Now I wear size 8 jeans and size small sweater. (Before I wore a 3X) No more arthritis meds. I feel great, can jog with the dogs, if they decide to run instead of sniffing. Recite a positive affirmation and feed yourself every 3 hours with 5 Medifast products a day (only one bar), one lean and green meal and drink enough water to float the navy. Soon you will sail, trust us, DO IT! IT WORKS.

Carol
cmc
NE gal in South

NE gal in South my idol!

Postby petals » December 13th, 2005, 7:35 pm

Hi NE Gal

Wow you are such an inspiration to me. I also wear a 3X and even though I am tall and well proportioned... you help me see the light at the end of my seemingly long tunnel. I would absolutely love to be a size 8. It makes the days that are the toughest seem really possible that I actually could be that size. You get so used to being fat, and in some ways have come to accept that it is just who you are... It always surprises me when I have a picture taken just how large I am... It can be really scary to really face who you are and how others really see you. I have been on mf two weeks tomorrow... there have been a couple of days when I was really, really hungry and wanted so badly to just eat something, anything that of course had nothing to do with mf. But I so want this to work... I kept giving myself pep talks and the reasons I want this so much. I just wouldn't give in... even though my mind would rationalize how there would be no one who would ever find out... Just one little nibble.... but that is how I felt and fell off the mf wagon last time when my life got a little nuts. Usually when Auntie comes a calling. But then I would read all the posts of all the people that started when I did and so many have met their goals or close to it... Makes me try even harder... because if I had stuck with it, I would have been there too!

So I am trying my very hardest to stay on track... I lost 39 lbs. the first time and gained back 31 lbs. I loved the feeling of losing these hips, and finding the angles of my face and body.

And with the stories from people like yourself and others is such an inspiration.

Thank you for sharing yourself... I saw you before and after pics WOW you look fantastic. :D

Take care

Petals
Started 7-31-06

petals
Trusted Member

Postby mama2benandrachel » December 14th, 2005, 4:32 am

Hi Petals!

I have been waivering since Thanksgiving. I'm back on the wagon now, but I know what you mean about the little demon on your shoulder saying "try this". MF has been SOooo wonderful! It is THE weightloss AND lifestyle I MUST follow for the rest of my life!!!! I KNOW this in my heart of hearts!

My new motto is this: Before breaking your fast, eat another Medifast!!!!!

Late night has been my killer! I've been eating another MF meal, usually oatmeal because it is hot and very filling! It is helping SOooo much!

Plus, I laminated and taped a quote to my refrigerator I think I got from someone on this forum. It says: Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want NOW and what you want THE MOST. I also have it posted on my bulletin board at work, right in front of me so I read it several times a day.

Even these seemingly little things are a HUGE help!!!!!!!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Hyperion » December 14th, 2005, 6:05 am

Hehe, glad this quote is helping you as much as it helps me :D
264/150

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion

Postby mama2benandrachel » December 14th, 2005, 3:27 pm

This is your quote Hyperion? It is what gets me through another day without binging right now!!!!! That, but especially and more importantly, my Lord, Jesus Christ!

Thanks for sharing this!!!!!!!!!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Hyperion » December 14th, 2005, 8:06 pm

Actually, it's the quote of someone on this forum who I think is no longer active. But the goal is to share it :D
264/150

Hyperion

Postby petals » December 16th, 2005, 10:13 pm

Hi Mamma to B&R
Sorry it's taken me so long to read your wonderful reply. My internet provider service was down. And only came up today.

Some days it seems like no big deal... I can do this, and the next I would give just about anything just for a few crumbs of ANYTHING... Or close to it and it takes all my will power to focus on the bigger picture! Which would be a much SMALLER picture of me.

I have noticed that if I eat the mf bars I seem to really crave all the junk food I love. So I think I won't be able to eat those any more at least not for now. Maybe when I'm farther along.

It can all just be so frustrating some days.

Thank you again for your encouraging words...

I come here every night when I get home from work... just to keep me going. It really helps alot. Sometimes it makes the difference between falling off the wagon when there is a bump in the road, or being so inspired, and engrossed in what I am reading while eating my mf dinner, the hunger for other things has passed.

And making me feel so grateful I have made it through yet another day.

Thanks for listening

Petals
Started 7-31-06

petals
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » December 16th, 2005, 11:12 pm

Hi, Petals ~

I'm glad your service is humming again. That's the pits to lose out on your cupboard distractor!

For some people having a bar in the beginning stages of their weight loss program can be hard - it seems to activate the foody craving. Wait a while until your blood sugar is more normalized and your stomach acid is under control. It is best to eat them in the afternoon when you are more active and your body can utilize the carbs better.

I am excited for you to be on your way to improved health. Petals, think about who you can bless with those sweaters and slacks because you will soon pack them up and pass them on to others. You'll be downsizing very soon!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.