A LETTER TO MY SELF FOR STRENGTH

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

A LETTER TO MY SELF FOR STRENGTH

Postby SWEESHELBY » January 3rd, 2006, 7:13 am

January 2, 2005@ 1912 Hours
On this day I am feeling very optimistic about my decision to restart again. I am feeling nervous because food has been my comfort for so long. I am looking forward to regaining some strength and obtaining a healthy life style. I want to feel happy about myself. I want to make my child proud of me and all of my accomplishments in life . I want to smile when I look in the mirror. I want to be able to say that I am pretty.
The small things in life are all that I want. I want to feel happy and laugh at the things that seem minor to others. Like running through a field of flowers and letting the breeze speed past me.
I want to do a cart wheel in the grass and fall and laugh at myself. I want to go to the beach and enjoy the sun beating on my skin. I want to let the sun toast me, the sand cover me and the water cool me. I do not want to worry about people staring at me. I don?t want to worry about people looking at my flaws. I just want to smile and sip on a cool drink.
I am tired of looking over my shoulder and wondering what people are thinking of me. I am tired of feeling like I am isolated all of the time. I want to be able to chase Ahmad or ride A bike with him. I want to be a normal person. I want to get dressed in the morning and feel proud of who is staring back at me in the mirror. I want to wear a belt, or a skirt. I want to wear a two piece bathing suit. I want you to look at me and smile at who you see.
My goals in life are simple and they are all based around this whole weight issue. It has become an obsession. I know that I have a lot to be grateful for. I know that I should be thanking God everyday for what I have. All I can dream about is being thin. This is one obstacle that I want to conquer. I just want to be able to be normal and make you so proud of me.
I realize that food and alcohol has been taking over my life and tomorrow is a new day. I have to pray everyday for strength from God to overcome this. I can do it if I put my mind to it. I realize that I have a lot of issues that I need to get passed and I believe that I can do it. I can do it with the help of God and you. You are all I have. I realize that when we argue that we both say things that we don?t mean. I don?t know if this is affecting your health either. I just want us to be ok. I just want you to be proud of me like before. I just want you to desire me like before.
I guess I have let myself go a lot. It was because I felt comfortable. Well right now I don?t.
Please help me ????????????. YES THIS IS SWEESHELBY FROM BEFORE I AM RESTARTING!
PRAY FOR ME
GUESS WHAT NOW I GOT PROMOTED . I AM A DETECTIVE NOW
SWEESHELBY

Count me in..

Postby forevertodds » January 3rd, 2006, 10:52 am

I will certainly pray for you!!!

You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!!! :lol: Phillipians 4:13
Kathy
Started 12.30.05
forevertodds

Postby Lisa Renee » January 3rd, 2006, 3:25 pm

Well I think this is a great place for support and sometime's it is good to write things down and say them out loud. We stick to it that way!
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » January 3rd, 2006, 7:34 pm

Dear SWEESHELBY ~

I am so happy to hear from you.

Congratulations to you for your promotion. It did not come to you just for standin’ around lookin’ official in your uni. I know it took a lot of effort, hard work, long hours and obviously others saw your potential and your ability.

Guess what, SWEESHELBY? That same hard work and effort will get you the healthy results that you desire.

The simple things you look forward to can all become your reality by daily doing the things that lead to optimal health.

When a situation on your shift gets tough, you don’t take a foody break and inhale a burger or two and wash it down with a beer – you abstain from alcohol on your watch. You can abstain from a frosty pint and a family-sized pizza while you are on your health watch, too.

Print your list, keep it with you and read it daily.

Find a picture of yourself at a weight that was good and appropriate for you and look at it every day.

Folks, we need to set a realistic weight goal for ourselves – don’t pick some pie in the sky weight goal for your self that is impossible to maintain and not realistic for your age and body size.

Don’t let your goal be to restrict yourself for a certain number of days or weeks or months – let this be your quest: optimal health. Do whatever it takes to get healthy and then stay there. Give yourself more than a moment at an appropriate weight, make it your life.

If we take the time to wash our pits, brush our teeth and clothe ourselves, why not take the time to feed it properly so we can be like the Energizer Bunny and keep on going and going?

SWEESHELBY, this is your year to live it up and love it!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room