Give me the Strength

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Give me the Strength

Postby blondeangel7782 » August 21st, 2006, 4:47 am

Ok ladies & GENTS First off, GOOD MORNING & HAPPY MONDAY :lol:

I'm starting this journey again and hope to sitck to plan this time as I know I will get results it's just a matter of will power and it took some convincing by Ktrout that I can and will do this now it's just sticking to it but hopefully I can stay strong. I need as many of you on here as possible to post your success stories and encouraging methods of staying on plan. My whole dilema is at work everyday the majority of people here are ordering out and that's a weakness, when I go home hubby & I usually dine out he's thin and can eat it all and is a contributing factor of my weight gain. I really need to lose this weight as heart disease and Type 2 diabetes runs in my family! I would like to hear your ideas on how to avoid the yo-yo situation of on & off, I love medifast I felt better and lost almost 20lbs in the first 2 weeks. I look forward to hearing (reading)what everyone has to contribute.
blondeangel7782
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Elizabeth » August 21st, 2006, 5:53 am

Hi Nikki, I started a couple of weeks ago. I had great success and then got off track. I've tried a couple of times but just couldn't get back on track. I had rough starts due to some things going on that wasn't really ideal to starting out and then I had some dizziness last week. I'm going to the doctor to be supervised ;) and I am also going to start fresh today. I plan on the first 3 days being very difficult. I almost get a flu-like feeling.
Have you told your husband about starting again? May I suggest that you plan nothing for the evening (you work all day...this is difficult) except hanging around the house watching a movie or reading and just relax...with no food around? Will your husband eat out for the first week or so until you get on track? I know this is helpful to me. I also need quiet and time for myself. I feel its best to not stress about anything or have anything planned because it makes it more difficult. Now, I know after the first few days I have alot of energy and love to plan and get things done.
How are you doing so far?
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby blondeangel7782 » August 21st, 2006, 6:02 am

Hey thanks for responding.. My husaband knows I'm starting today and he is very supportive and he is also strong willed as I tend to be a little weaker. I do ok for the first 3 days at least I did the first time around, I'm planning to go home and get some cleaning done as I'm still sorting through things from moving 2-1/2 months ago. My sister in law & her youngest are coming up here to live on the 2nd of September so I have to get all the cleaning done so they have a place to sleep and put their stuff, I didn't get it done this weekend. I'm so anxious this time that I'm going during lunch today to buy a measuring tape you know the ones alteration shops use to measure myself.. I can & will do this I feel a slight headache coming on but I'm getting ready to go mix a shake here in about 30 minutes. This will be my second supplement, can we be buddies? shoot me an email <snip> no emails please <snip>
blondeangel7782

Postby loriannk » August 21st, 2006, 6:09 am

HI!

YOU CAN DO THIS!! Take it one day at a time and if that is too long do it one hour at a time. The first few days are hard but it does get easier.

Checkout my progress pictures here:
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-7754.html

Also you can check out my journel. It has my reason why I am losing weight (diabetes and for my kids) and my struggles.

If you need anything we are here, pm me if you need to.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby JeepGirl » August 21st, 2006, 8:20 am

Hi Nikki,
Let me start by saying Welcome!!
I am proof as are many others here that this does work if you stick with it. I have had my rough patches as my husband is just like yours it seems. He can eat anything and maintain is size 32 waist with no trouble.
He is very supportive of me in this but my main reason for doing this is ME, Myself and I! No one else but me.

The measuring tape will become as close a pal as the scale will. There will be weeks you may not lose much but you will lose inches! That will always be a major plus.

If you are determined to do MF you will it is as simple as that. The first few days can be trying but once you hit the 4th day it will get easier!

Good Luck and I look forward to watching you shrink!
JeepGirl

Postby blondeangel7782 » August 21st, 2006, 9:11 am

Thanks Jeep girl, The first time I was on this back in March what a ride it was so great I felt better after the first day and my energy level was thru the roof! I have to say this time around I'm on my first day and cannot for the life of me get rid of the hiccups they keep coming back! I feel great already I'm having some food aversions ( smelling it makes me want it) but other than that I'm doing great and I have told myself I'm going to stay the heck away from that scale I'm sure that's what contributed to be giving up before this time I'm here for the long haul! Thanks for kind words and I will PM you if I need some kicking...
blondeangel7782

Postby Allie » August 21st, 2006, 10:22 am

Hello,
Let me just say, bravo to you!!! I am so glad that you are doing this for yourself. I have been doing this for three weeks now, and have lost somewegiht, but more importantly, I feel better. I used to have trouble getting out of bed, and now, i am almost always up before the alarm clock goes off.

I just moved in with my boyfriend, who is a marathon runner, and a triathlete. He has trouble keeping weight on, and often eats really high carb things. I like to cook, because it helps me control what I am eating, and often I can tweak what I am having slightly so that it is more "acceptable" to him. For instance, I make fajitas and wrap them in lettuice for me, and serve rice and beans and tortillas for him. Also, burger and fries can work out. I chop some zuccini into fry like sticks and cook them in the oven at the same time as I cook some frozen fries for him. I also don't eat the bun.

If you want it to work, it will. you just have to be patient and willing to treat yourself well.

My success: I had to go to the next tighter notch on my belt today.

If you need someone to talk to, or anything, feel free to PM me.

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby LovenElvis » August 21st, 2006, 12:29 pm

Nikki, I'm SO glad to see you back! You know that I'm always there for you and you have already taken the big step of getting back on!

Try to take it day by day and not pound by pound! You will be surprised in yourself! Also, try and plan meals at home with hubby! My huband is skinny and I started cooking for him as well and just added a little more veggies and he got the bigger chicken and you know I love those times now. We talk more and it seems like a little break for the both of us.

Congrats and you know where to find me :)
Laura
LovenElvis

Postby Arklahoma » August 24th, 2006, 7:33 pm

You can do this!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby GucciGoo » August 29th, 2006, 3:38 am

Welcome back!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby tommysgirl » August 29th, 2006, 5:02 am

blondeangel, i pack my lunch for work now, in the past always ate out and that is very difficult. also ask your husband to eat in unless you go to a place where you and get your LG. my 23 year old son is living at home and i had a frank conversation with him about snacks in the house--i just can't have it. he is mostly a chip person and i said if you want chips, keep them in your room as i don't want to open the pantry and be tempted. my extended family also gets together a lot socially and it always revolves around food. i'm trying to change what we do like go to a movie or museum or i don't go. i don't feel strong enough right now and don't want to be tempted. i also find not telling people you're on a diet other than those in your household works. people at work are nosey, well intentioned, but it puts pressure on me like they're watching me. also consider joining club benjamin for support (on weight room forum). we can do this :)
tommysgirl

Postby Aerie » August 29th, 2006, 5:11 am

Welcome. Good advice from everyone. Re: the eating out. That's a hard one to get right so you just have to be willing to eliminate it. Remember you have to change your lifestyle to be sucessful long term. My coworkers and my hubby are all out-to-eaters. I just had to say no to my coworkers and eventually it got much easier. Now one of them is doing MF.

A far as eating at home goes I'll often bring take out home for the hubby and just eat my MF instead.

It can be done just do it!
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby alohacate » August 29th, 2006, 10:30 am

Aloha & Welcome back - you surely can achieve what you set out to do. Eating out was a HUGE challenge for me until I realized that I could take my supplements with me. I order a tea pot full of hot water, a bowl and some sugar free ice tea, then I simply enjoy not having to do the dishes. Ordering might take some pre planning, most menus are available on line or you can ask that they be faxed to you so you can plan ahead. YOU CAN DO THIS, we can do this together.
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.