Legal Cheesecake??

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Legal Cheesecake??

Postby saraak » March 19th, 2006, 5:26 pm

This could be a far stretch but hear me out. What if we took light cream cheese and mixed it with vanilla extract, splenda, eggbeaters or eggs, and a little bit of a vanilla shake (only about 1/4 of one) or even a little milk or half and half and make cheesecake. The quick start guide says we could have cheese in place of our meat. So what if we have a salad for our "salty meal" and then have a generous peice of this cheesecake, wouldn't this be legal???
saraak

Postby falisamarie » March 19th, 2006, 6:54 pm

Unfortunately this would not be legal. I believe the lite cream cheese is a nono and plus you would be having the cream cheese and eggbeaters and also remember you have to have your lean and green together and can not seperate them. Now I have been known to be wrong in the past but like the saying goes If it sounds too good to be true...
If I am wrong I am sure someone will be along to correct me.

I know that some here add SF cheesecake pudding to their vanilla shake so that is always an option if the verdict on the above comes back NO!

Happy shaking

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby saraak » March 19th, 2006, 7:40 pm

I don't know about the cream cheese yet. I'm going to write the medifast nurse to find out if we can have cream cheese. The quick start guide just says that we can substitute 1 c. low fat cheese for our meat. I did mean however to have the salad and the cake together just to eat the salad first.
saraak

Postby DogMa » March 19th, 2006, 10:23 pm

It would be awfully hard getting the proportions right, too. If you use a quarter of the shake mix packet, then you only have three-quarters of a meal left for both the cream cheese and the eggbeaters.

Seems like a lot of work for something that's already questionable. Give me a juicy chicken breast or small steak and a big serving of veggies anytime!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » March 20th, 2006, 12:20 pm

I don't know. You'll have to write to the nutritionist. I think it would be fine for maintenance but I wouldn't go there for weight loss.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss