Lean and Green Question

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Lean and Green Question

Postby mmob » February 1st, 2006, 5:19 pm

Hi -

I have a question that I should probably be able to answer myself - but I want to make sure. I am heading back down to Florida next week to help out with my dad. My mother really wants to go out to dinner - she's exhuasted and I agree it would perk her up (My mother btw is thin and HOUNDS me about gaining weight - she's always been a skinny minny -ugh!) - Can I eat a Ceasar Salad as the Lean and green if I go out? I'm pretty careful at home when making it - but the idea of going out throws me.

OR what would be a better option at a restaurant?

Cheers!
Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » February 1st, 2006, 5:34 pm

Hi Maria!

How sweet that you are going down to Florida to help out your family... :)

Hmm, I'd suggest not the Caesar because of the croutons and the cheese. Without those things, it ain't much to eat ;)

Maybe a regular garden salad with lots of vegetables... and chicken/shrimp/salmon on top instead? And some fat-free or low-fat dressing on the side?

Mmmmm..... :bib: Now I'm hungry... Hehehe!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby mmob » February 1st, 2006, 5:42 pm

See, here's the kicker though - I am not HUGE on veggies - I like Brocolli, Carrots (which are a no no) and Lettuce and Spinach and green beans - that's pretty much it.....so it's hard when I get a garden salad I end up taking everyting off it anyway! !LOL

Oh well, I do love Ceasar Salads - can live without the croutons - but was secretly hoping it would be on the ok list!!

Guess I'll have to order a nekkid garden salad!!

Thanks!
Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 1st, 2006, 5:55 pm

mmob

maybe you could order some baked or grilled chicken and double steamed veggies of course just ask for broccoli most restraunts will have it!! Just a suggestion

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Lean and Green

Postby Jan » February 1st, 2006, 6:00 pm

Hmmm,
When we go out to eat we order a lean meat -- fish, chicken breast or even a small sirloin steak. (Yep I'm the beef eater :? ) First, we get a side salad -- they are generally not too big and are included with the meal-- no croutons, no cheese please, dressing on the side. And then the meat -- no added sauses or butter -- please just grill it and may I have double veggies instead of a potato??
Last time I had the most delicious dinner. A grilled fish filet, a green salad, and double veggies -- yummy fresh green beans and mixed brocoli and cauliflower. Remeber we get 2 cups of lettuce for salad or 1 1/2 cups of cooked veggies. I probably had about 3/4 cup of lettuce and 1 cup or so of veggies -- so didn't do tooooo bad. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room