Lapse?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Lapse?

Postby Guest » April 21st, 2004, 7:51 am

I am on my third week of the full fast, and up until monday I was doing great. Then I had what I think was a lapse. I had a can of chicken broth. Then worse is I was craving it again so badly that I had another can again yesterday! I have not lost a single pound since last thursday and other then these I have stuck to the full fast faithfully and had all my water. Did I just ruin my results for this week with these two cans of chicken broth? Here are the listings on the can:
total fat: 1g
sat fat 0g
sodium 770mg
calories 20
sugers 1g
servings per can 2.5!
Think I will get off this plateau and start seeing my scale move again soon? Im so frustrated at myself for having these two cans of broth. :(

Lynn

Re: Lapse?

Postby explorthis » April 21st, 2004, 8:06 am

Anonymous wrote:lapse...

I had a can of chicken broth.
I had another can again yesterday!
I have not lost a single pound since last thursday

Sodium 770mg

Lynn, you did nothing to jeopardize you progress. Here is the problem that will haunt us as “extreme” dieters, or true Medifasters as you. Again, I have preached this before.. The Ruffles theory, you can’t have just 1… 1-2-3 and then so on. This is not necessarily your case, but 1 leads to 2 and leads to a compounding problem… This is why I preach the “purist route” NOTHING but the shakes, and the allowed Bouillon. I am not sure of the “cans” that you did, but 2 Say it out loud: T-W-O cups a day are allowed, which I know has some sodium allowed.

Your lack of loss is the Sodium: 770 per serving, and you had a can, if I read your calculations correct, 2-1/2 servings x 770gms per serving x 2 days/cans=3850 grams in two days. This is the “sponge” effect. The sodium is what’s causing the water retention. You have become a sponge, and are soaking up the water (because of the sodium)

Drink about 14 gallons of water, and it will come out soon.

Stick to the 2 cups of regular bouillon per day…

More sodium = more water retention = less loss (only temporarily)

No damage…

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Guest » April 21st, 2004, 9:05 am

Thanks Mike for your reply. Eep that is a lot of sodium, and a lot of water to make up for it! :shock: I will have a pickle next time I need something salty I think! I am glad the scale did at least did not go up. Lesson learned though. I am going to be so embarrassed on Friday when I go to my doctor for my weekly weigh in. No more cans of broth for me!

Lynn

Mike you are Brilliant

Postby marge » April 21st, 2004, 9:23 am

You are briliant :yes:

Yes the sodium makes very good sense why Lynn did not lose.

I have a question...You mentioned that you promote the full fast meaning all shakes with the allowed bouillon.....now Mike if I were to do just shakes and the bouillon I would not even last a week.....I have been using the supplemental meals, meaning, oatmeal, soups, chilli with crackers and of course my treat, THE BARS.....

I read in the F&Q that this is ok but I want to make sure that it is ok...

My day goes something like this:

When I arise in the morning I have my oatmeal and lots of water and my allowed cuppa of caffeine....then I walk my treadmill on an incline for 30 minutes at 3.8 miles per hour (I used to do 1 hour before Medifast but Terry thought I should cut my exercise program in half for a wee bit)....after a shower I have a cup of decaf tea and a bar.....2 pm I have soup or chilli.....5pm soup or chilli or shake......8 pm soup or chilli or shake......11pm oatmeal or shake......

In between during the day if I feel hungry I have up to 3 stalks of celery and 2 pickles.....sometimes I dont have any of them and also a cup or 2 of bouillon..

thats what I have been doing and feel great...cant wait for monday to weigh but I am going to have a challange tomorrow when I meet with my BUNCO lady friends for our monthly BUNCO game and eatery :bib:
marge
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room