KMR

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby kmr » April 23rd, 2007, 7:59 am

Thanks for the "Welcome" everyone! Nice to "see" everyone. I made homemade cupcakes with the kids the other night and blew it. We are finally getting some warm weather today and this pastweek end ( 80's!) so the kids wanted to bar-B-Q and have fun. I didn't want to waste my M.F. supply, so I figures I would enjoy the weekend and strart fresh today. It's hard to make the adjustment into ketosis as I'm sure all of you know. That's the part I always mess up on. I'm so fed up with my weight that I'm just going to have to ease up awhile on the cooking until I get into ketosis. I'm causing too much temptation for myself now. Well this morning I decided to try the "eggs". As I was trying to mix the yellow/orange powder with the water, I was thinking to myself "so it's come to this". Well I don't even care anymore what I have to eat to lose the weight. I was thinking "what am I really about to eat"? So I looked at the ingredients on the box and was happy to see that there is actually REAL eggs in the ingredients! That gave me a flicker of hope. I was thinking as I was cooking the eggs that they would have that funny M.F. taste that some of the products do. I told myself no matter what just eat them. I added some pepper and lite salt. When I ate them I couldn't believe that of all the M.F. products, the eggs tasted the most like real food! Who would have thought? I was a little leary when I was mixing them in the bowl and the protien molecules were sticking to the sides of the bowl, but they came out great once they were cooked. I have to admit I did lose 2 lbs. already from sticking to the plan the other day, but I want to be cosistant this time and just get the weight off once and for all. I'm discusted (sp?) with the way I've let myself go. I used to always have such a nice figure, even after I had my twins. I know that I did this to myself and now I have to undo it. It will be hard with my sons birthday party coming up and chaperoning their class trip to an amusement park, but there will ALWAYS be something, so I just have to do it. I'll post my 1 week weight loss next week. All the best to everyone. :D :flip:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » April 23rd, 2007, 8:08 am

I too have said to myself "So it's come to this..." especially in restaurants when others are eating and it isn't time for my lean and green and I am having a shake Unlike some I almost never doctor my supplements. I said to myself at the beginning when I started this plan the second time after only lasting a few weeks the first time-you are not at the Ritz-Carlton, you have put yourself in this position, so suck it up. I actually enjoy the supplements but I eat a small variety of them. I like the drinks mostly and oatmeal. I used to eat soups but asked myself "Why am I ordering something I don't like?" Good luck in starting over again! We're here! 8)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby kmr » April 23rd, 2007, 8:14 am

Thanks Biki for the support....I really appreciate it. It's nice to know that someone can relate to the way I feel. So far so good today! I'm just going to make fast simple dinners for the "troops" for the next several nights until I make it into ketosis. :hug:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby holberry » April 23rd, 2007, 8:54 am

hey KMR, sounds like you are in the right mind set. I tell my self that there is no other option, like my own personal mantra, ommmmm.
welcome back!
hb
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DonicaB » April 23rd, 2007, 9:49 am

KMR~ I really like the eggs, too. :hatch: Honestly, I think they are my favorite. I could eat them several times a day, but I try to mix & match my supplements so I won't get bored with them.

As Hol said, it looks like you've got your mind set right. We're here for you!!!

Donica
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » April 23rd, 2007, 11:07 am

Hey Girl!! Thanks for visiting my journal this morning! It's so great to have you back. Sounds like you are doing great, and you will be in ketosis in no time.

I've been dealing with my own compliance issued this past month. So let's shake it together and keep each other on track, okay!? :toast:

Have a great day, my friend! :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kmr » April 25th, 2007, 6:31 am

I just wanted to say for me personally.....getting into ketosis has been very hard. I'm fine during the day and then in the late afternoon when the kids and hubby get home, I always start getting severe craving for anything off plan. I don't know why. I really have to lose the weight though because I'm so miserable at this weight right now. I tried the new chocolate bars.........what happened? I almost broke a tooth biting into one of them. They are horrible. I used to love the old ones. They were nice and chewy. I felt like I was eating a brick or cardboard with the new ones. Thankfully the fruit and oat still taste the same. I like them. I bought the chocolate mint bars too. I 'm thinking that they will probably be like the new chocolate bars. I haven't tried them yet. Well I'm going to keep chugging along. We will see what happends. Have a good day all! :wave:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » April 25th, 2007, 6:45 am

You have a good day too and remember once you hit ketosis those cravings will lessen quite a bit-atleast that was my experience. You'e done this before so just remind yourself it does get better if you just sit it out and remain compliant.
Last edited by bikipatra on April 25th, 2007, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Tawanda » April 25th, 2007, 7:02 am

Hello KMR and welcome back if I've not said that to you already ( :oops: I cannot remember if I did or not. I did think it even if I haven't said it yet!! :D).

Try nukeing your whole (not cut up) bar for 8 to 10 seconds. Amazing how much softer it will be. If you do this with an Oatmeal Raisin bar (10 seconds for a whole bar) it tastes real close to a piece of carrot cake.....oh yum!!! LOL

Just keep telling yourself that you can do this and remember how good you are going to feel once you have been on program/compliant for a few days. Energy, attitude and well being are all going to be increased.

:)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby kmr » April 25th, 2007, 9:40 am

Biki and Tawanda,

Thanks so much for the advice and encouragement. Nuking the bars is a great idea. I never even thought of that. I really need it right now. It helps me ALOT. I just finished doing about 2 hours worth of yard work that needed to be done. Taking advantage of the nice weather before the rain comes tonight. I had my "eggs" when I came in. My hubby told me the other day that I had "morphed" into something that he doesn't even recognize anymore with all the weight gain. (When we got married I was skinny). He obviously isn't very supportive right now, so I appreciate the encouragement from you guys. I will lose this weight and he will "eat" those words ( hee hee). So far so good today on plan. Getting in all my water. Thanks again. :D
kmr
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » April 25th, 2007, 9:58 am

I'm sorry your husband is not being very supportive. Just remember that you are doing this for YOU, and not to make him happy. Sometimes men just don't realize how much their words can hurt us, annoy us, or anger us. Speaking of my husband at least, he really is pretty clueless about that kind of thing. Maybe you should tell him you don't feel that he is supporting you with that kind of talk and he might change his tune?
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » April 25th, 2007, 10:52 am

KMR, my DH married a thin woman, too. I was thin for the first 17 or 18 years of our marriage....then began gaining. The weight gain was difficult to impossible for him to understand (how I could change so drastically). At my heaviest, I was 102# over my usual weight. It did cause a problem in our marriage, not because he didn't/doesn't love me but because I had changed as I put on the weight. The sadness and other emotions that I was eating to soothe along with the self hatred and disgust I felt whenever I thought about who & what I had become. I was no longer acting or looking like the woman he had been married to.

So.......I'm morphing back into that healthy, thin, active woman that he, and I, once knew.

The reason for sharing that is to let you know that I understand some of what you shared. Our weight gain does make changes in more than our bodies and it does affect those who love us.

He'll soon see and re-recognize the woman he loves.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » April 25th, 2007, 10:59 am

kmr wrote: My hubby told me the other day that I had "morphed" into something that he doesn't even recognize anymore with all the weight gain. (When we got married I was skinny). He obviously isn't very supportive right now, so I appreciate the encouragement from you guys. I will lose this weight and he will "eat" those words ( hee hee). So far so good today on plan. Getting in all my water. Thanks again. :D

Wow. That must have really hurt although he just thought he was being his kind of male honesty that is so thoughtless. I would tell him that really hurt and you are doing evevrything you can to bring your own old self back-for yourself. I gained 100 pounds in the first year of my marriage. My husband has been pretty supportive except he lets little things slip like the sumo wrestler comment I repeat so often. Now that he sees I have kept on this program for 156 days, he can't compliment me enough. I still have a resentment about the sumo thing, but I will keep praying for him.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DonicaB » April 25th, 2007, 11:15 am

I agree that must have been a very hard thing to hear. I also agree you should talk to him about how it made you feel. Men can be so insensitive at times. They just don't get what we women are made of. :|

Hang in there and come here as often as you need us. We will support you no matter what. :D

Donica
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Pashta » April 25th, 2007, 12:03 pm

Hehe.. I think I would have smacked him if that was my husband. :lightsword:

Just ignore that and continue on, hard to believe men can be so shallow sometimes, not to mention hypocritical. They think they can get as fat as they want but we women have to be models... *sigh*

Well, my hubby married me at 190 so I don't have the same issues as some of you. I'm lucky!

Hugs to you! :hug:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal