Katrina's effect on my MF and our Martha

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Katrina's effect on my MF and our Martha

Postby armeewyf » September 1st, 2005, 6:29 am

Just to let everyone know, I am going to have to bow out of the MF program after what product I have left is gone. It appears that Katrina does in fact, have very far-reaching effects.

My husband works for the Dept of Defense and a part of his job is to respond and provide communications during times of crisis when requested by Homeland Defense. Typically this refers to terror situations or national security but as Fema falls under the Dept of Homeland Security, it also now means hurricanes that are as disastrous as Katrina.

Anyway, after less than 24 hours warning, he is gone for 2-3 months. He will be on military orders (he is also in the National Guard) meaning that our income will be cut in half. I have no idea where to start to try to figure this out but I'm sure I will do it. I just haven't had enough time to get a plan together. I do know though that the "extras" will have to go, unfortunately thats going to be my MF.

I was so looking forward to getting the 30 lbs left off by TGiving. I guess I will find another way...I will still lose this fat!

THE GOOD NEWS OF THIS POST is that after his staging area in Northern Mississippi, he will move south. He doesn't know where to yet BUT he may be able to get to Wiggins and check on our Martha, or at least give us an update on her location since we have her address.

I'll keep checking on the Martha situation and will keep you posted as to whether my husband is able to get to her town.

Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lisa Renee » September 1st, 2005, 7:09 am

Lee Ann,

My heart breaks for you. I am so sorry that your husband will be gone and your income will be affected. The good news is he is doing a very important job and is VERY APPRECIATED by me and hopefully the rest of the American people. Another good thing is that just because you cannot afford Medifast, does not mean you cannot continue to loose weight. Focus on having lean and green meals throughout the day and stay away from sugar and empty carbs. Even if you had to alternate a glass of milk and some tuna and green beans or chicken and salad, or Eggs etc., throughout the day, you can still loose some weight by Thanksgiving! Medifast is the easiest way I know of to loose weight, but it's not the only way to. With determination, you can at least maintain and perhaps keep losing until you can resume Medifast. Again, I am so sorry that your husband will not be with you for a while, I will keep you in my prayers.

We are all rooting for you!
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » September 1st, 2005, 7:56 am

Y'know, I personally am of the opinion that it's a truely shameful thing that we don't pay our military people enough for their families to maintain a standard of living that is reasonable, and I consider this (Medifast) reasonable and a 50 percent loss of income unreasonable.

MediFriends, I'll challenge you. We have a donation thing going for Martha. Let's put together $200 or so for Lee Ann's next month's worth of products. I'll kick it off with a promise of $50 if we have pledges totallying $225 (or the equivalent in MF products) by the end of next week, September 9.

Who's in?
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby sprgrammy » September 1st, 2005, 8:04 am

I'm in....just let us know where to send a donation. Blessings to all of those helping out with the mess hurricane Katrina has caused. God be with all of you, Carol
sprgrammy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » September 1st, 2005, 8:12 am

Cool!

Anybody who wants to participate can either post here what they are willing to contribute, or send me a PM if you prefer. When we hit that magic challenge number of $225 I'll post, and then let everyone know how we will handle the funds or the products.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby armeewyf » September 1st, 2005, 8:21 am

I am reading this and literally have tears in my eyes. I have never belonged to such a giving and supportive group of people.

While I do consider it to be an honor to be the spouse of a military member, especially in these trying times, the emotional and often financial strain on the family left behind is often overwhelming. There are a lot of military folks that can actually make money when they go on orders. We don't because we are fortunate that Patrick makes decent money in his civilian job. We faced this when he was in Iraq for 15 mos. However, the situation financially wasn't quite so bleak as when he actually got to "foreign soil" he was not taxed on income and he received a "perk" bonus for being in a hostile environment. I am used to being here without him and 2-3 months in LA or MS is a lot better than 15 mos in Iraq. He enjoys what he does and I realize it, which is why I have never begged him to get another job like some spouses did when their soldiers returned from Iraq.

Again, the kindness and generosity on this board is extremely overwhelming. Before Iraq, I was so proud and wouldn't take help from anyone. I learned thru that experience that its ok to accept help and often people benefit just as much from the giving as one does on the receiving end.

Thanks everyone SO MUCH....Words cannot express how overwhelmed with emotion I am right now.

Lee Ann
armeewyf

Postby want2Bthin » September 1st, 2005, 10:38 am

LeeAnn-

I am sending you an email right now. I will be sending you a package of MF out tomorrow. :D :D

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Emma » September 1st, 2005, 3:09 pm

Great idea 24K! I can't give much, but I'll happily contribute $15 to LeeAnn's MF package next month.

Lee Ann, you are doing so fantastic on MF - we're all routing for you and know that although your husband is away (doing a wonderful thing), you are not alone!

The MMT forum has created a family here and even if we can't always help materially, we are in eachother's thoughts and prayers. Our prayers are with you, Martha and everyone else affected by Katrina.

I'll watch for your update 24K.
Thanks!
emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ljm498 » September 1st, 2005, 4:24 pm

Count me in! I'll be sending along $20 towards next months supply. I'll just be waiting to hear who to send it to! Great idea!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498

Postby 24KaratGold » September 1st, 2005, 9:00 pm

I love this board!

We're at $150 in pledges and an unidentified amount of MediFast products so far.

Who else is in? We need at least another $75!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby mytime » September 1st, 2005, 9:14 pm

LeeAnn - God bless you and your family. What a generous gift you are giving us. I have some MF I can send you and will pledge $25 also. Please 24 tell me where you want it sent and I will send it (for MF and $ -maybe they at TSFL can just put the $ on my card - Bonnie is my HA and has the number let me know what works). If your husband sees our Martha let us know so I can help with what is needed and tell her we are praying for her. Be well and thank you and your family for your sacrafice! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

THANKS EVERYONE

Postby armeewyf » September 2nd, 2005, 6:00 am

Thanks to all that are contributing to my "cause"...I am just so overwhelmed...

The past few days have been so stressful here for me. First one thing, then another. My husband's pay is going to be even less than I initially thought. It's ok...I'll make it thru this. My situation could be a lot worse and I know that.

Your generosity is just so appreciated--you will never know how much. You are taking the stress of "diet worry" off of my shoulders. I was worried I would go off the program, gain back what I lost, not re-start, etc. Thank you all so much for just giving me the opportuinity to move forward and not backward.

Lee Ann
armeewyf

Postby LuzInIt » September 2nd, 2005, 7:14 am

Lee Ann - Anything we can give to help you is a small sacrifice compared to the one you are making (and have made in the past) by giving your husband your blessing to do the work he loves, that ultimately benefits all of us in this country. I'm in, too (sent 24K a pm) and am delighted to do so. Let's get you at goal and the healthiest you've ever been - then you can knock your hubby's socks off when he returns to an even more gorgeous and sexy you. What a treat for him when he comes home!
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby shortgirl » September 2nd, 2005, 9:35 am

HI I just PM you as to where to send my 25.00 to. Glad to help. I am very proud to be an American and help the service men and women. Judy from Iowa
shortgirl
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby shortgirl » September 2nd, 2005, 9:35 am

HI I just PM you as to where to send my 25.00 to. Glad to help. I am very proud to be an American and help the service men and women. Judy from Iowa
shortgirl
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.