Katrina's effect on my MF and our Martha

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » September 2nd, 2005, 10:44 am

Hello,
I just sent 24k a PM as well. I'm in for $20.00.

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby armeewyf » September 2nd, 2005, 8:16 pm

Thanks again....I just don't know how many times I can reply and say how much your generosity touches me. I'm sure I sound like a broken record and "thank you" just doesn't seem like enough. Your contributions are doing more than helping me financially to stay on MF, they are helping to ease one burden off of my mind thru this difficult time of change. Knowing that I won't have to disrupt this program means that I can still attain my goal and its one positive in my world thats filled with more than one challenge at this time.

I wish I had the opportunity to get together with all of you in person and tell you (vs. type) how much this has meant to me.

Thanks (there I go again!) so much!
Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby fatBgone » September 2nd, 2005, 8:56 pm

I would like to help Lee Ann also. You've done SOOOO good on the program so far and you WILL reach your goal!! I packed up a couple boxes (+) of oatmeal, soup & shakes that I can send. Just let me know where to send it.....I guess it would be easier to ship directly to Lee Ann - but I'll send it wherever. Thanks 24K for getting this started for her - you're a sweetie!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Walks262 » September 3rd, 2005, 4:54 pm

24 Karat,
I just PM'd you.

Lee Ann,
You and your family are making huge personal contributions to the disaster relief. Thank you.
Walks262

204.5/150/147, then, 142
Walks262
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » September 3rd, 2005, 10:39 pm

armeewyf ~

see? i told ya the MakeMeThinner community are awesome people! We are praying for you and Patrick. Katrina affects all of us in different ways and as we come together, we can also affect those who are affected! Thank you for your affection, Everyone!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » September 4th, 2005, 8:07 am

We've reached and passed my initial goal! I am so proud of everyone on this board, and it makes me proud to be a part of this community!

I will respond to individual PMs and make a post here about the procedure of how we will fulfill our commitment to Lee Ann either today or tomorrow. I've been busy yesterday, and will be today, coordinating the sewing of "comfort blankets" at my local quilt shop, which are to be sent to the Houston Red Cross on Tuesday. So far we have about twenty, and when we're done today we should have three dozen or more.

Lee Ann, I'm sending you a PM.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby armeewyf » September 4th, 2005, 8:36 am

THANK YOU...just doesn't seem enough...

24k, thanks for all you did to get this together for me and to EVERYONE that has contributed, you will never know what this means. Like 24k said, I am so PROUD to belong to this forum. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your sharing in my struggle and current situation.

Nancy suggested I start another thread to discuss what my husband sees and learns which I will do. He had a friend call last night that is with the National Guard in TN. He has been sent to Gulfport. Our connection was bad as he was on a satellite phone--he is going to try to call again mid week and I am going to ask him if he can go to Wiggins. Its only abt 30 miles away. Maybe he can drop in on our Martha at her sons if we can get a street location.

My husband is supposed to be in a parking lot across from the Superdome. No word since he was abt 100 miles from New Orleans.

THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART...You have really shown support for me, my situation, the Katrina crisis and the military. Please be proud of what this all means...you deserve it.

Lee Ann
armeewyf

Postby 24KaratGold » September 5th, 2005, 8:49 am

I have just now sent a PM to everyone who has posted on this thread promising support to Lee Ann, and to those who sent me PMs but didn't post here. That PM confirms the amount of your promise, and gives you Lee Ann's address so that you can send your gifts directly to her (to avoid delay).

You are all good people! Thank you so much for opening your hearts and your wallets. My mother, God be good to her, would say you've all just added a jewel to your crown.

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby mama of 2 » September 5th, 2005, 3:36 pm

HI Lee Ann
If you pm me your address, I'll send you some boxes of mf Tomorrow.
I'll send them over night express. I Have Dutch choclate, french vanilla, and swiss mocha shakes.
Let me know if you like those flavors?
We can do it.
mama of 2
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby armeewyf » September 5th, 2005, 5:34 pm

Mama...

I just sent you a PM...

Thanks more than you'll ever know...
(and that still goes for the rest of ya!)

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE SO KINDLY HELPED ME OUT...THIS LAST 30 LBS IS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I am more enthusiastic about this last 30 lbs than I have been the whole program...what a great supportive and caring group you are...you are the BEST! I knew it before, but I REALLY know it now!

Lee Ann
armeewyf

Postby Nancy » September 5th, 2005, 10:07 pm

Thank you all for helping Armeewyf - when you help her, you help every one that she and Patrick touch.

We want to see Lee Ann reach her goal.

Many thanks to you all for your sacrificial giving - may it come back to you as you pay it forward!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby dlr2424 » September 16th, 2005, 10:52 am

Lee Ann....... :rose: ........please accept my apologies....... :glasses: ....I'm just catching up on 3 weeks of threads as I was away on vacation..... :puter: ....I am nearing the end with about 30 more entries to read..........however......if you could PM me your address I would love to send you a weeks worth ..... :yes: ......(do you like vanilla?....Orange?.....Cocoa?) .....and also may God be with you and your family always...... :angel: ......Thank you for your many sacrifices...... :hug: ....

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

SO MUCH THANKS!

Postby armeewyf » September 16th, 2005, 11:37 am

I just wanted to hop on here a minute and say a

BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE that has sent me a donation, either $$$$$ or MF Supplements.

I probably have enough of both to last me at least 6 weeks. The kindness on this forum is like none that I have ever known. You are all unique-I think the most astonishing part is that we all have never seen each other, talked to the phone, etc. We know each other by this forum only and our quest to be thin and stay on this program is what bonds us together. That makes us all so selfless--seeing the success of others and hoping for the same for ourselves. I think we all know each other in a way that others we see and talk to everyday cannot know us because of our determination and sacrifices to get to a slim, trim and healthy us.

I also want to mention that I took some of my bigger clothes to a consignment store last weekend. Out of curiosity, I tried on a paid of sz 18 jeans and THEY FIT! Were even a little big in the waist. For those of you that started on MF at an 18, you're probably thinking thats nothing...but....I have not had on an 18 for probably 15 or so years. Go Me....and Go You Guys for helping me. I see 16 in the not too distant future!

Thanks again to all...
Lee Ann
armeewyf

Postby mytime » September 16th, 2005, 8:25 pm

Lee Ann - that is soooo awesome !!!! This site is the best and so are you. GREAT WORK !!!! Size 16 is right around the corner. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby fatBgone » September 16th, 2005, 10:08 pm

Hi Lee Ann,
YOU'RE WELCOME!!! I'm so glad I'm part of this forum too & was happy to contribute to make sure you can stay on Medifast. I agree about what you said about our bond with each other - even though we've never even actually "met" - however we all KNOW each other in a special way.

Also - SUPER COOL about the jeans!!! Just wait til you're wearing that size 12!!! Keep us posted & take care!!

PS Have you talked to your hubby lately? I hope he is doing as well as he can under the circumstances....Tell him we are all grateful for his sacrifices and that everything that they are all doing for the hurricane relief/cleanup is appreciated more than he'll ever know.
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Come on in.