Katieb920

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: Katieb920

Postby katieb920 » February 21st, 2010, 7:10 am

Yesterday was a good day for me.... So on plan, I lost 3.4 pounds this week. Can you believe that is all fat that you are losing. That is over a 1/2 of bag of a 5# sugar bag. That is gross if you think about it. It was really funny yesterday my girlfriend and I went to Home Depot yesterday getting all of the supplies for renovating my house. It was hysterical. Like we know what we are doing. Had to buy recess lighting, sheet rock wire, mud, and screws. LOL it was really funny. Then after that we went to macy's and I found a dress. It is black of course. I am suppose to wear red, because that is our signature color. But let me tell you they do not make that many flattering clothes in heavy set womens clothing. Which pisses the hell out of me. I did find this gorgeouse 2 piece that was black and the skirt went all the way 2 the floor. It was between that and a black cocktail dress. then I looked at the prices and went with the cocktail dress it was 150.00 cheaper then the first. So what I did was get these candy apple red shoes, candy apple red scarf and earings. It looked really good.

So anyways I think 5 days out of the week I am going to do just shakes. I know a 3.4# weight loss is great but I keep reading on other boards that people that just stick to shakes are losing like 4-5 pounds a week So I am going to try that.

Well busy day here in NJ I will check in later. Have a great day everyone.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » February 22nd, 2010, 10:45 am

Yeah Katie!!!! I am so happy that you have this great mindset and are conquering the things that normally trip you up! Let me know how the just shakes thing works. I am debating on doing a week of just 6 supplements in hopes to jump start my system back on plan. I love eating out while on plan, because when it is too easy for me to cheat at home where all the groceries are! Steakhouses are the best because you can usually order a steak/piece of meat cut to order and cooked to order. Italian places are the devil-stay away, far away....I was laughing at the dress dilemma, I am a very very vain person and my appearance was a massive part of why I did this. I love dressing cute and the cute plus size clothes are super expensive and I just couldn't afford it anymore. So wear the black outfit and rock your red accessories-it sounds really classy, so I imagine you are going to look spectacular.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby katieb920 » February 23rd, 2010, 11:12 am

So got home last night around 1:30 am. I am tired and I am up a 1/2 pound. But I did pretty good. I did eat there last night. I may have consumed some salt and a little sugar, I had Berkshire ribs marinated in argmanac, Braised buffalo, venison osso bucco, veal stew, and some foie gras. But They were only taste. I passed on the drinking and passed on the dessert. But I have to say I was really proud of myself. I have had 2 oatmeals so far and ready for my first shake of the day. I was going to try just shakes, but with me eating last night I really wanted to feel full this morning. So far so good. There were only a few celebrity chefs that made it, Anthony Bourdain, Tom Colichio from top chef was there. Emeril could not make it, But it was a great party. I am going to add a picture of me and my husband. This is me dressed up at 231 pounds. I can not wait until I am thinner, so that I do not have to wear black all of the time.

Katie
katieb920

Postby Tawanda » February 23rd, 2010, 12:22 pm

Beautiful photo!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby oksoonergirl26 » February 23rd, 2010, 4:25 pm

You guys look good! You got to meet Anthony Bourdain??? I am sooooooooooooo jealous. Is he a jerk or a nice guy? I love his show and it such a great combination of food and travel. However, I do have to blame him for my newly acquired craving of Turkish food. I think that you are doing wonderful and your mind has finally caught up with your matter. Keep it up sweetie!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby katesmom » February 23rd, 2010, 5:00 pm

Katie...
You look awesome !!
Great photo and you are on a high with your program..
Good for you !
Keep it up ! :cleader:
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Susie Q » February 24th, 2010, 5:35 am

OH MY GOSH you look TERRIFIC! You look sooooooooo happy!!! and I swear you look no where close to your stated weight! I'm glad you had a good time and were able to enjoy the night and be in control!! You are indeed rockin' it girl!!!

Rock on!! :dance:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby katieb920 » February 24th, 2010, 6:43 am

oksoonergirl26 wrote:You guys look good! You got to meet Anthony Bourdain??? I am sooooooooooooo jealous. Is he a jerk or a nice guy?

Actually I see anthony bourdain and emeril all the time. They are really good friends with the owner of my company. The owner also did a show with him for Christmas 2 years ago. Very nice guy. He is a chef really does not have an ego, like some other chefs do. He will sit there and talk to you like you are a human being.

Really nice
Katie
katieb920

Postby katieb920 » February 25th, 2010, 7:03 am

I am only down .2 for the week so far. That is okay, yesterday I was down 1.5lbs. I did have a salad pretty late last night. And this time I did things different. I had 4oz of Grilled Chicken, and 3 oz of shrimp. Was not a fan of the shrimp in my salad. I think I am going to just stick with Chicken.

I have been extremely tired lately.... Do not know what is going on. Went to bed at 10:30 and woke up at 8 am this morning. Matthew had a snow day. And he will probably have a snow day tomorrow too.....

Well On to a busy day today. My son has already called a friend over today so he wont be bored with mom all day. LOL We will probably not have school tomorrow either we are expecting 12-18 inches of snow.
Katie
katieb920

Postby Susie Q » February 25th, 2010, 7:46 am

katieb920 wrote:I am only down .2 for the week so far...... Was not a fan of the shrimp in my salad........
I have been extremely tired lately....

WOW -- ME TOO!!!! You sound wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more positive about your .2 than me though!! LOL I'm pretty upset by it --tomorrow is my weekly WI, think I can lose 2 pounds tongiht? :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm not a fan of anything BUT chicken in my salad and it must be hot. However, I've been eating shrimp A LOT these days!!! I picked up some creole/cajun seasoning and just add the shrimp and seasoning to a skillet and enjoy in just a few minutes!!! LOVE IT!! That and brocolli has become my favorite meal!

Also, I've be soooooooooooooo tired!!! I've been wondering why!! I would think I'm not in ketosis because of being tired and no loss but I have that horrid sweet taste in my mouth -- LOL. Oddly enough though, my pee sticks aren't showing it. I think I pee too much and my urine isn't concentrated enough --seriously, I go at least once an hour -- often more! I have to have an ultrasound next week and they told me to drink 32ounces of water an hour before so I'd have a full bladder......I told them, no way!!! There is no way I can make it 15 minutes after drinking that much water, much less an hour!!! :)

OK, guess I better get back to work..... :(
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Joy » February 25th, 2010, 11:37 am

WISHING YOU A GOOD DAY!
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » February 26th, 2010, 5:41 am

The scale did the EXACT same thing to me! That's why i said i was going to stop the daily weighing thing. We will see how long that lasts lol! I've come to realize that i don't like shrimp on my salad either. I've tried all different size shrimp to see if it makes a difference...NOPE! the flavors/textures just don't work that well for me. I stick to chicken but unlike SQ, i prefer my chicken cold or room temp/slightly warm. I will eat it hot but it affects me mentally LMAO! In my mind i picture the hot chicken cooking my lettuce and making it kinda "wilted" (especially since i try to eat slowly). yeah, yeah, yeah, so the issues are surfacing again :oops:

Schools around here were open yesterday but early dismissal. Today we are all closed. We didn't get the original predicted 12-18 inches and actually, it's hard to tell exactly what we got because the wind is blowing everything all over the place. As soon as everything is shoveled/plowed, it is snow covered again. Almost a waste of time to get out there and try to clear it. Ice all over...UGH! I would rather have the 18 inches with no strong winds and ice than 6 inches WITH wind and ice. Listening to the stories on the news about the corporate parents (who have to go to work) and have such a problem with childcare on snow days makes me realize how much of a blessing it is to work for a school district or to have the ability to work from home.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby katieb920 » February 26th, 2010, 1:39 pm

WTH..... I want to eat everything in sight. I have not. But i want salty foods.
Katie
katieb920

Postby katieb920 » February 26th, 2010, 3:24 pm

I had a piece of string cheese, either it was that or I would of raided the fridge. Now I am full and Ready to go. :D
Katie
katieb920

Postby Susie Q » February 26th, 2010, 3:31 pm

How about a pickle or two? Or Boulion (however you spell it!) -- WI is in 2 days girl, don't do it! It's not worth it! This has been a HORRIBLE week for me and all I wanted to do was eat and shop.....but I resisted both. I'm cheering you through :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: !

Good for you for coming here instead of the pantry! That's a step in the right direction!!!!!

Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal