Just Want to Introduce Myself

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just Want to Introduce Myself

Postby LessOfMe » March 28th, 2005, 6:26 pm

Hi! My name is Karen and I am new to Medifast. I am so excited. After only 5 days I have lost 8 lbs. I began at 282 and was 274 this morning. I had planned to wait until Wednesday to weigh in, but I couldn't resist. I have lost a lot of water weight....anyone else spend LOTS of time running to the Ladies' Room too?

I was very happy to find this message board. I look forward to visiting often. This program is awesome. For me, it is important to have fewer choices. That's why Weight Watchers and the many others I have tried didn't work. Too many choices, too many different foods to choose from. I couldn't handle it. But with Medifast, I have a few choices and don't have to spend a lot of thought time to decide. I am not hungry like with the other food plans. I feel so much better already.

I'd love to hear from y'all. Please share your suggestions with me on how to follow in your footsteps to success.

Karen R. (LessOfMe)
LessOfMe

Postby SunnyV » March 28th, 2005, 7:05 pm

Hi Karen,

Welcome! I'm new to the forum too. You should go ahead and register, this board is such a wonderful tool to keep you motivated! By the way...yes, I spend lots of time in the bathroom too :lol:
SunnyV
Newbie - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 28th, 2005, 7:50 pm

Karen..(less of me )...WELCOME.... i'm so glad you joined & congratulations on your success... :thumbup: ...as far as the toidy ...it would be most convenient to have a catheter in place...that was great after a c-section...you never had to get up to tinkle...how lazy of me...now I feel it's part of my exercise routine as I constantly am running to go.... :runner: ...much success on your journey

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » March 28th, 2005, 7:50 pm

Hi Karen and Welcome! :wave:

Wow! You had a fantastic first week weight loss. My wife and I have been on Medifast for 2 weeks and a day. We had our most significant loss during the first week as well. As long as we see progress each week, we are satisfied.

You are right about it being easier with fewer choices. It is also much more convenient. Are you on the full program or the 5 and 1? I started on the full program, then decided to have a 5 and 1 day every so often just to give myself a treat. Heidi (my lovely wife) has stuck to the full program to try and pass me up regarding weight loss. (competition is fun, and we keep each other honest...lol :mrgreen: )

If you ever have a tough day, remember that you are allowed a few things such as three stalks of celery and two dill pickles. Read all you can about the plan and you will find that there are lots of things you can have to supplement the Medifast meals. We REALLY like the DaVinci syrups. They can create a lot of different taste sensations by adding a dash to the various flavors of Medifast shakes. A dash of caramel or hazelnut syrup added to a chocolate shake is my favorite. (MMMMMMMMM!)

To answer your question, for fear of being arrested, I don't spend a lot of time in the ladies' room.....LOL, I do however spend my fair share of time in the men's room.

Take SunnyV's advice and register on this forum.......you'll be glad you did!

Happy Weight Loss!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 28th, 2005, 8:56 pm

Dean0408 wrote:To answer your question, for fear of being arrested, I don't spend a lot of time in the ladies' room.....LOL, I do however spend my fair share of time in the men's room.

Dean

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I don't know what it is lately....but everyone's humor is starting to emerge and it is extremely entertaining.... :lol:

Donna..dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby kassilou » March 28th, 2005, 10:56 pm

Hi, Karen. Welcome to the board!

Yes, we all get our exercise running to the loo all day. I think I read where someone locked their bathroom on the main floor of their home just to make themselves get more exercise by having to run the stairs to the other loo. :lol: That's a lot of running, especially in the beginning.

I love having this forum. You'll find support, encouragement, motivation, you name it, all right here. I love the limited choices I have, too. It is really working for me...I don't obsess about food anymore, and I don't have to worry about weighing, measuring, or counting my food. Love it!

Sounds like you are doing great so far. Keep on shakin'! :mrgreen:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Dean0408 » March 29th, 2005, 12:42 am

Yes, we all get our exercise running to the loo all day.

If I want to get additional exercise from these bathroom trips, rather than running, I just....

"Skip to MY Loo.....My Darlin" :)
Dean0408

Postby doglover » March 29th, 2005, 7:07 am

Ok, you guys are cracking me up! I had a brief reprieve from the loo - didn't seem to go as much and now I am there all the time again!! And no I don't skip as I may not make it. I walk v e r y g e n t l y!!!

Welcome Karen! Read thru these posts! Use the search button at the top and look up words on questions you have and it will bring up all posts that have anything to do with that word! For example "snacks" and it will show you all kinds of posts. If you are feeling hungry, excited, whatever! And come here every day (or sometimes several times a day right Rae ;) )!

Welcome, we're glad you're one of us losers!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby raederle » March 29th, 2005, 7:25 am

Hi Karen... Nothin' to add to the great words of wisdom here-- just wanted to say hello and welcome! We're glad you found us! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Hi

Postby LilMsTexas » March 29th, 2005, 10:23 am

Hi Karen,
Just wanted to chime in with all the other great people and say welcome and I SO UNDERSTAND taking the choices out of the equation. The only thing I do is THINK about healthy choices so when I get ready to transition I will be prepared mentally to live differently and to never go more than 5 lbs from my goal! When I do the 5-1 I have been experiencing meals without bread :shock: and without potatoes :shock: and that's just unheard of in my family!! Consequently me and my husband are BOTH looking to lose weight :? But for now...going through life in a "no brainer" mode is helping me. When on WW I have to think about food CONSTANTLY and points and planning ahead or trying to plan ahead and it consumes my day. The more I think about food the more I want it. Sooooooo with this I just grab what I need and move on with my day! So best of luck to you and if you dream it you can achieve it!!

CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

karen welcome

Postby church » March 29th, 2005, 3:20 pm

Karen, if I could I would have a toilet next to my bed.......lol

I have been on this now for 4 months and since I have started, I lost 71 pounds! It works and I drink all the water and follow it like instructed.
I know the celery and dill pickles have helped along with boullion no more than 2. I have had no need to do them everyday, and sometimes use none of the extra stuff that is allowed, quite frequently actually. My true hunger is not often. I feel fulfilled so far so good.

I was laughing about the bathroom thing because I swear that is all I do lately. Although not too long ago I was filled with fluid and health issues. Now I feel great and am excited about the road to recovery from obesity. Not to mention, all new clothes. I have had to go out and buy some to hold me over until goal nothing fits anymore it is literally falling off me! I never thought I would be writing this. I had accepted I was going to be fat for life not a take shape for life.

I mean I was on all the 'diets" and programs and not only that after all that abuse and health problems later consequences from years of too thin too fat..........my body metabolism shut down.......medifast was my last ditch effort to lose weight and I honestly figured it was another scam.....even though it was recommended by my heart doctor!

Good luck, enjoy the journey........there are lots of inspirational people on this and Nancy is a great health advisor. I just got off the phone with her and appreciate all her help as well.

Thank you Nancy.
Thanks to medifast and my doctors too.......I feel blessed and excited and happier than I have in a long time........the weight was doing more than weighing me down. :-P

Karen, good luck and welcome ;)
church

Postby Dean0408 » March 29th, 2005, 3:42 pm

church.......what an inspiring post! Very well written and from the heart.

71 pounds lost is beyond fantastic!! You have obviously been very diligent to staying on plan.

I hope you register and have Unca put you in the 70 pound club. We like seeing people who have made that much progress.........it shows what will power can do and it makes us all want to keep going and hit our goals.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby dlr2424 » March 29th, 2005, 4:35 pm

Dean...I just have to tell you I appreciate all your posts....EVERYONE here is so awesome, however we don't have a lot of men....so thanks for posting and sharing from your heart everyday!...I for one truly enjoy sharing the journey with you & your wife!!!... :D

Donna...dlr2424

dlr2424

Postby Dean0408 » March 29th, 2005, 4:49 pm

Thanks for the kind words Donna :D I always enjoy reading your posts as well...........

Now, where the heck are all the rest of the guys with some weight to lose?........oh wait, never mind.......I see them, they are in the drive through line at McDonald's!...hehe..........wouldn't want to park, get out of the car and actually WALK to pick up the food.......now would we?

(I shouldn't have typed that.......I think I want a french fry now.....this too shall pass)

Dean
Dean0408

Postby want2Bthin » March 29th, 2005, 5:03 pm

Dean-
You crack me up. Your postings always make me laugh.
Thanks,
Angelia :lol:
want2Bthin

Next

Return to Come on in.