Just ordered Medifast

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just ordered Medifast

Postby 2BHealthy » February 9th, 2006, 1:22 pm

Hello everyone,

After reading your forum for a few days and gathering info, I've decided to start! I'm excited and honestly a little nervous. I did Optifast about 15 years ago and I really had to choke down those shakes! I am hopeful about MF shakes and especially the hot products like oatmeal. So, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'll let everyone know when I start! I've failed for years on every diet so I'm feeling hopeful. I'm 36 and I weigh 296 so I have a way to go...I don't remember EVER weighing under 200 if that gives you an idea of my history.

Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SueInSLO » February 9th, 2006, 1:27 pm

Hi Linda and Welcome!! :wave:

I did Optifast about 20 years ago too and MF is sooooooooo much better. The soups and oatmeal are good too, especially if you check out the Lean Cuisine and fine tune them to your own liking!

I like the 5 & 1 because you're still having "real" food and I think the transition/maintenance will be much easier.

You'll do fine. Keep reading and posting, it sure helps! Drink lots of water and let us know when your MF goodies arrive.

Good Luck!!

Sue
:D
Start: 1/07/06
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » February 9th, 2006, 1:28 pm

Welcome! You're going to do great, as long as you stick with the plan. And you can definitely do well without the shakes; the only ones I have are the ready to drink ones on occasion. Otherwise, it's all soup, chili, cocoa, etc.

Are you doing the full plan or the 5 and 1?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 2BHealthy » February 9th, 2006, 1:47 pm

Thanks everyone!

DogMa,

I'm planning to do the 5/1. Do people lose faster when doing the full fast? I was thinking I may do the full fast some days and the 5/1 others. I picked this plan mainly because I needed to start from the basics again without all the conflicting info out there. I'm so overloaded with the conflicting info about what and when I should eat! :roll: I'm going to be breaking a huge sugar addiction so I'm a little nervous about the withdrawl.
2BHealthy

Postby MusicalMomma » February 9th, 2006, 2:04 pm

2BHealthy wrote:Do people lose faster when doing the full fast? I was thinking I may do the full fast some days and the 5/1 others. I picked this plan mainly because I needed to start from the basics again without all the conflicting info out there. I'm so overloaded with the conflicting info about what and when I should eat! :roll: I'm going to be breaking a huge sugar addiction so I'm a little nervous about the withdrawl.

hi 2BHealthy! Welcome! From what I've been reading, there's not much difference in weight loss on the full fast vs. 5 & 1. It is nice to have the option of the full fast on those busy days. I totally relate to your sugar addiciton! Hello, my name is Joyce and I am a sugar-aholic! After the first few days, you will feel SOOOO much better!!!! I'm looking forward to your posts!
MusicalMomma

Postby Trixie » February 9th, 2006, 2:40 pm

Welcome Linda! Be sure to check in with us when you start. If you've been checking out the forum you know by now that this is a great place for inspiration and encouragement. I come here at least once everyday. Even if I don't post it's great to read about other people going through a similar experience.

Trixie
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 9th, 2006, 5:20 pm

Welcome Linda. We are always pleased to have another member added to out Medifast team :goteam: We are all here for one another and you don't have to wait to post any questions you have till you get your Medifast just jump right in :bounce: I know that you will suceed at this if you just follow the program and drink, drink, drink your water :water:

Let us know when you start and again welcome to our family

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nicki » February 9th, 2006, 8:44 pm

Hey Linda - Welcome to our world! I'm 36 as well and started close to the same weight. I've been shaking along for almost 5 months and I'm halfway to goal ... so we can do this ... it is really truly within reach if you follow this plan!! I for one add some sugar free syrup to each and every one of my shakes ... they are a godsend, and I usually have 3 shakes a day. But, like others have said, there is enough variety here for everyone to find some favorites.
Many well wishes on your journey ... I look forward to seeing your posts and reading about your successes!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to Come on in.