Just Curious...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just Curious...

Postby MARIE » July 23rd, 2006, 4:53 pm

Hi all-

After reading so many posts in different areas of the forum, I was just wondering ... do alot of you know each other "on the outside"? (Sounds like we are in jail-but we're not!)

Did some of you know each other before you started medifast? Or met through this forum? Or have just become friends online only?

I hope it's not a weird question, I was just curious because of all the good will here--it's such a helpful place!

:goteam:

Thanks-
Marie
MARIE
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Elke » July 23rd, 2006, 4:57 pm

Everyone I know from this forum I met here. Now I have seen a few of the girls on the "outside" for dinner cause we live in the same area. Thats extra help we all could use :) By the way...its nice to meet you :)
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Serendipity » July 23rd, 2006, 5:08 pm

Everyone I know here I met here. We all become fast friends because we have one huge thing in common and we understand what it's like to struggle with our weight. All of the goodwill is genuine. Before you know it, you'll feel right at home.

There are some here who know each other on the outside, but the majority are just internet friends.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby loriannk » July 23rd, 2006, 5:40 pm

I too know people only from posting on the fourm. I have met one gal for a L&G meal when she was in the area which was great. It feels like I know so many of you from reading the posts. It is a great support forum and everyone treats everyone like good friends.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Aerie » July 23rd, 2006, 6:14 pm

Online only, but feels like a family.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JeepGirl » July 23rd, 2006, 7:02 pm

Online Only~~However I must admit that this site is more hmm personal than the other site I frequent in that I can ask questions here about myself and what I am going through weight-wise and KNOW I will get an honest answer from people who are going through or have gone through EXACTLY what I am! I love it!! I dont have to be embarassed about being fat here because I know I am losing it and that I have lots and lots of support from the friends I have here!!
JeepGirl

Re: Just Curious...

Postby Rachel » July 23rd, 2006, 7:35 pm

MARIE wrote:Hi all-

After reading so many posts in different areas of the forum, I was just wondering ... do alot of you know each other "on the outside"? (Sounds like we are in jail-but we're not!)

Did some of you know each other before you started medifast? Or met through this forum? Or have just become friends online only?

I hope it's not a weird question, I was just curious because of all the good will here--it's such a helpful place!

:goteam:

Thanks-
Marie

Good question! I have never met anyone from the board. But it would be nice to go out to dinner or have some MF folks to exercise with or take walks with or just talk. I live in Champaign, IL. Does anyone else live close to there?
Height: 5'8"
Dress Size: 12
Rachel
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby DogMa » July 23rd, 2006, 8:06 pm

Online only, although I met a few people at the conference last month. A number of folks were friends before (or are related), though. Usually one started losing on the program and their friends and family saw their progress and joined up. A few people joined as couples, too.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LovenElvis » July 23rd, 2006, 8:56 pm

Online only - however, I did get the opportunity to meet a handful at the TSFL Summer Conference this past month.

This is a great site and you would surely get the idea that all know each other if you weren't familar with this site :)

Laura
LovenElvis

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » July 23rd, 2006, 9:22 pm

the only people of this forum i know outside of the forum is my cousin who is also on here :)
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl

Postby Mike » July 24th, 2006, 12:30 am

Well, here is our low-down. Dayna is Diana's sister. I am Diana's hubby. TonyR and SharonR are our best friends (who we see in real life). Karli is a good friend of Dayna's (in real life).
So, far, other than this, we haven't met anybody else in real life, but we are planning to see Mellowmom (Carmel) in Monterey next week.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sheila » July 24th, 2006, 1:00 am

Mike, that sounded like a soap opera update! Too funny! :D
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby smartipantz » July 24th, 2006, 7:06 am

Knock Knock Mike!!!! We had the pleasure of meeting your lovely wife at conference!! Unfortunately you were not with her but she does exist :)

:roflmao:

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby Jan » July 24th, 2006, 8:03 am

Hi There,
I've met lots of people from the boards. Nancy and I were friends before I started posting on the forum. She lives close to me and we have such great times!! Hmmmm she did get me on that "tilt- a -hurl" though :? Oh but she has been sooooo busy lately --- no coffee for us :cry: Of course I also know her daughter Becky and the little guy-- that cute grandson, and our wonderful friend Bonnie. We are quite the group!!! Ohhhh I can't leave out Unca and Terry (Nancy's hubby). Then of course theres Smartipantz. I must say she is looking sooooo good!!! I'll be seeing her again this weekend.
Sharon (from Camano Island) just came down to visit me yesterday. And, I met LovinElvis, Diana , Dayna and Dogma all at conference. Nancy and I traveled down to the Bay area in March and met Kimalexrn and some others who don't post. I'm thinking thinking but I'll bet I've left someone out....sorry.... but it is a great group and even greater when we meet in person. :D
Hope to meet more of you!!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 25th, 2006, 11:00 am

Online only...initially.

Now I try to meet as many people as I can. I travel a lot for work and try to meet as many MFers as possible!

Anybody in Michigan?

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.