Just curious..

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Just curious..

Postby msmac0905 » January 13th, 2005, 12:49 pm

Hello all. I am in my second wk of MF. I wish I could say w/o any slip ups, but hey, it happened, I vented, I posted, now I'm moving downward (on the scale anyway). I've been pondering this question, trying to figure it out w/o sounding arrogant or fecetious. So here goes...
Is there anyone out there who is not trying to loose LOTS of weight? Myself, I am trying/needing to loose 25 lbs. My doctor recommends a weight of 175 for me. This is not a small number, but I am also envisioning myself @ a size 14. I am very happy there. :shock: This might sound very large to some folks, but I LOVE curves and shapely thighs and a small middle. I've read HUNDREDS of posts during my time here and I am EXTREMELY impressed with those who have lost LOTS and LOTS of pounds, but am I in the minority here? Just looking for anyones thoughts.
201.5 12/31/2004 (2 days before beginning MF)
msmac0905

Postby keh001 » January 13th, 2005, 5:09 pm

Hi!

I am only trying to lose about 25 pounds also. I lost 7 in the first week, but nothing so far in the second. It is slow when you don't have much to lose! I have been as low as 95 pounds, but would be happy and healthy at 115, my ultimate goal weight. How are you doing in terms of weight loss?

keh001
The only dissability in life is a bad attitude.
keh001
Newbie - #10 Club

Hi

Postby Kim » January 13th, 2005, 5:18 pm

I am trying to lose about 35 pounds - I've lost a total of 14 between my start and restart. I want to get to 130. At 5'3" that isn't really skinny - but I would be happy with that. I lost 6 in the first week but nothing so far - I find it hard not to get discouraged with no loss - but just keep waiting for Sunday and hoping.
2/25/05 Start Date
170/165/125 (by 6/1/05)
5'3"
Kim

Postby msmac0905 » January 14th, 2005, 8:11 am

Hi keh001 and Kim...

In terms of weight loss, I was down 6 or so pounds when I weighed earlier this week. I am in my second week now. I am 5'8" and my doctor recommended a weight of 175 for me, so that's all I want is to be at a healthy weight as I have always been a "thick" chick!!! I chose MF not necessarily because it is a lot of weight to loose, but because I wanted to do it quickly and most importantly safely w/o pills etc. As I've seen a lot in this forum and in my own weight loss efforts is that loosing it is easier than maintaining. So here's to continued success to us all!! :buddies:

Happy Shakin'!!
201.5 12/31/2004 (2 days before beginning MF)
msmac0905

Postby Sylvia » January 14th, 2005, 8:47 am

I think MF is great for someone who needs to lose 25 or so pounds. While there are certainly some programs and weight loss methods that are only appropriate for morbidly obese people, this is not one of them. It is healthy and fast!

Don't be frustrated if you are in your second week and aren't losing. It is common after the first week for folks to experience a bit of a slow down in the second week as the body begins to adjust to the new way of eating. If you haven't done so yet, I would strongly suggest that you buy Linda Spangle's "Success in a Shaker Jar". She does an excellent job of outlining some of the common things you can expect while on the plan.

Believe it or not, even if you have a relatively small amount of weight to lose, you should be able to do so fairly quickly. I started out with about 70 to lose but my rate of loss was pretty steady after the first month. I consistently lost 10 pounds per month. This did not decreas as I got closer to goal - in fact, I actually picked up a bit at the end. The sometimes challenging part was that I did this by losing 5 pounds really fast (a week or 10 days) and the other 5 REALLY slow - the other 2.5-3 weeks of the month.

The good news is that if you are true to the plan, you WILL lose the weight pretty quickly!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 14th, 2005, 10:17 am

In my opinion, Medifast is perfectly fine whether you want to lose 1 pound or 100s of pounds. I've mentioned somewhere around here before, for long term success, people with more pounds to lose, actually have a little advantage over those with just a few pounds to lose. The longer you're on the program, the more you begin to understand how the program works and what your body needs to work efficiently.

Many of us have developed eating habits of as little as 1 meal a day, and that meal isn't what you'd consider "health food". When the body has to go 5-6 hours or longer without fuel, it starts panicking and just about ANYTHING you put into it gets stored as fat in self defense. That's why pure fasting or starvation diets don't work over the long run.

The habit of fueling the body regularly with smaller, balanced (good fats-carbs-protein) portions while you're on the plan is what you're striving to carry over into your AM (after MediFast) life. Don't forget the water AM to keep the bod flushed and running like a Swiss watch.

I guess what I'm trying to get at here is, those with less weight to lose need to understand what changes need to be made and re-inforce those habits to keep those pesky pounds off. It's harder to grasp this when you can knock off a few extra pounds in a short time period using Medifast.

Ever see a fat bunny in the wild? Ever see one that's not eating?

Whodda' thunk you should eat all the time to lose weight?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Weight Loss