jump4joy

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Lizabette » July 11th, 2006, 4:44 pm

Image Wonderful NSVs JOY. Prayer changes things! So happy you are feeling better!Image
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: words

Postby jump4joy » July 11th, 2006, 5:35 pm

alohacate wrote:Your words have truely inspired me!

Thanks Cate! You are so lucky to live in Hawaii....I went to BYU-Hawaii in 1978, and I've always longed to go back to Oahu again.

Aloha!

Joy
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby jump4joy » July 11th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Lizabette wrote:Image Wonderful NSVs JOY. Prayer changes things! So happy you are feeling better!Image

Thank you dear Lizabette! I know that it was an answer to my prayers when I was led to Medifast a few years ago. There is no doubt in my mind that God answered the question "What is the best diet for me?" That has been SETTLED permanently for me, I really believe that. The only thing I need to do now is to follow and obey the simple guidelines, and make it stick this time.

Joy :heart:
jump4joy

Originally from Ohio

Postby alohacate » July 11th, 2006, 5:45 pm

I am originally from Sandusky, Ohio (I grew up on a dairy farm), but have lived here most of my adult life. I received my undergraduate and graduate degree from the University of Hawaii, where I presently am employed as a Special Events Coordinator. I met my husband, who is from Japan, at UH. Hawaii is the "half way" point between our families. We have been together for 10years and have one five year old son. I will try and post my before pics as soon as I figure out who & how to do it!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Serendipity » July 11th, 2006, 6:24 pm

jump4joy wrote: get on the floor and sit indian-style.

Funny you should mention that, Joy. Just yesterday, I got to thinking....I haven't sat indian style for years! Right then, I sat down on the floor and proved to myself that I could do it.....quite easily, I might add. :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby jump4joy » July 11th, 2006, 7:25 pm

It's fun to appreciate and notice the little everyday things that are easy to overlook or take for granted, isn't it, Jo? I want to enjoy this process of getting thinner, and forever REMEMBER how much better my quality of life is, so that I do everything in my power to NEVER go back to living my life as an obese person! 2006 will signal the end of my obesity and the beginning of living the rest of my life in a healthy, trim body.

jump4joy

my Food Log

Postby jump4joy » July 12th, 2006, 1:27 pm

July 12, 2006

I've been thinking how useful it's been to me to keep a Food Log on my kitchen counter. I made it up using my Word program. I have a place for Water, and make a checkmark for each eight oz. I drink during the day. There is plenty of room for writing what I eat with sections for Morning Mid-day and Evening. When I have my breakfast (always as soon as I get up), I write what time it is, and then right away write in the left margins five more times 2 1/2 hours apart. That way, I always know exactly when the next meal is due. (In fact, it's time for another MF right now, so I'll make this short). If I get a little hungry or have a craving....all I do is look at the time and see how long I have till my next shake. This has helped me SO MUCH to stay compliant! I just say to myself, "I only have another hour (or whatever), so I can just have a big glass of water and I can WAIT...it's not that long." This way, I find myself succeeding 2 1/2 hours at a time. I plan exactly what I eat and WHEN I eat and just do it...I don't have to think about it anymore. My body gets the fuel when it needs it.

At the end of each day, I evaluate how I've done, write up a quick total of number of shakes, snacks, how much water, etc. At the bottom I have room for comments I may want to make. This keeps me very AWARE and ACCOUNTABLE with every thing that goes in my mouth. It also keeps me focused on my daily weight-loss objectives. Since I started doing this consistently, I've been able to be very compliant on MF. It's become automatic, part of my daily routine. It's been a very powerful tool for me!

Joy
jump4joy

Postby Lizabette » July 12th, 2006, 4:39 pm

JOY,
What a great plan you have for keeping track and accountability. I think we all should have a plan and yes, it does keep us compliant.
I hope those who do not already have a plan will take your plan and use it.

I use the success plan from MF and it works well with me, and you know, I have kept track of every single day, since I began 6 months ago.
For me, that is phenomenal!
I tried it on WW and other diets and just didn't keep it up like I should.
Could be that is why I have done so much better on MF.
Everything like this really helps and we thank you for sharing it.
And it does show that we are really serious and comitted to make this the LAST diet, no, health plan that we will ever need.

:heart:
Next mini-goal: 140# and then only 5# to go!
Lizabette

Postby jump4joy » July 14th, 2006, 7:31 pm

July 24, 2006

There was a quote I liked in the new MF book "The Secret is Out", pg. 31, "Just remember that you do not have to be perfect. Any losses you achieve in body weight is progress. If you expect perfection, you will be disappointed and set yourself up for failure. No one can ever be perfect all the time." I like that. I'm putting it on a 3X5 card and put it where I can see it...it helps me to put yesterday's slip with a few too many soy crisps in perspective. In the past, a slip would involve much worse food choices....I really am making progress! I'm not getting rid of the soy crisps though....I want to learn how to control the foods on my "allowed list"....not let them control ME. We're all different.....what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another.

I realize now that my slip happened because I was tired and not feeling very well....definitely a danger-time for me! So now I'm learning to be AWARE of food cues and understand WHY and WHAT can trigger a food craving for me. Hopefully, I'll learn enough that I will be able to KEEP the weight off this time.

Joy
jump4joy

Postby DogMa » July 14th, 2006, 8:01 pm

You sound like you're making GREAT progress, Joy. A "slip" isn't a cheat or a mistake or whatever else; it's an opportunity to learn. If the next time you recognize the situation and cope with it differently, you've taken a HUGE step forward.

Losing the weight is only half the battle - if even that much. To me, the much bigger battle is learning to keep the weight off permanently. And that means learning our triggers and how to cope with them and, as you said, learning to control the food and not let the food control you.

Great job!!! And enjoy those soy crisps. At the appropriate time and in appropriate quantities. :lol:
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jan » July 14th, 2006, 8:37 pm

Hi Joy,
You are doing soooo great. :mrgreen: We all learn as we go and you are putting your experiences to good use. That's what counts you know. I know you'll part with the pounds and keep them off.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby jump4joy » July 14th, 2006, 8:49 pm

Thank you Robin and Jan! I appreciate your comments.

jump4joy

Postby Lizabette » July 14th, 2006, 9:20 pm

JOY,

I'm glad you mentioned the new book, "The Secret Is Out".
I just received my copy today and have just started reading it.
One of the points the author, Lisa Davis made concerning Commitments We Should Make
is that we would be accountable to someone or to a group.
Even if it hurts!

Also the book "Success In A Shaker Jar", by Linda Sprangle, has been so enlightening and helpful to me.
I go back and refer to it often.
I ordered both from our MMT site.

Wow, I think you are doing just fantastic! Over 35 pounds!
Does not that just make you so proud of your accomplishment? :yes:

Lizabette

Postby jump4joy » July 14th, 2006, 9:44 pm

I'm really enjoying the new book and I also refer to my Success in a Shaker Jar book often--my copy is almost worn-out! If I read something about MF almost daily, it keeps me focused and committed to what I'm doing.

Thanks so much for what you said, Lizabette! It reminds me to try to be proud with 35 pounds lost, and not compare myself to others' success or think only about how much is left to lose.......thank you, as always, for the lift and smiles you brought to my day! :hug:

jump4joy

Postby jump4joy » July 19th, 2006, 2:48 pm

July 19, 2006

NSV: Last night I had gotten some fresh-picked corn on the cob from a fresh produce stand for my family's dinner. Corn on the cob in season is one of my FAVORITE things to eat. This corn was beautiful.....you have no idea how hard it was for me to not eat some....I came THAT close! I had a s.f. fudgesicle instead. I told myself that I know what it tastes like, and even though it will be another YEAR till it's available again, I CAN WAIT. I'd rather lose weight right now.

I'm not getting on my scale for a while....not sure how long. I'm keeping that open. (I peeked at the scale this morning and I'm the same as I was last week, so it's better I stay off and just keep staying compliant each day.

I notice that the forum has been quieter. I know that with summer here, everyone's busy....I know I am busier with the kids home . I can't post much these days, but I'm still hanging in there and WILL NOT QUIT this plan. I will get to goal, but there's nothing I can do to make the weight loss go any faster than it's going to go. I'm sticking to the plan faithfully, and that's all I can do....just do it and trust the process.

Joy
jump4joy

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal