jump4joy

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Denise » July 4th, 2006, 9:09 pm

Yeh Joy! It is always good to "purge"! I always hate giving stuff away..I always think...what if I need that...and that day never comes! I may have to clean out my closet soon! You have motivated me! Do me a favor and remind me of this post..next weekend! :D
Denise
Preferred member

Joy

Postby dede4wd » July 4th, 2006, 9:23 pm

As a soul-cleansing exercise, I've purged EVERYTHING from my closet that is too big. I'm bringing some for the girls at the dinner tomorrow night and giving the rest away.

I'm SO thrilled that your friend will get use from your nicer clothes in the bigger size.

I don't know about you but the only thing I've kept is my jeans at the biggest size for the obligatory "jeans falling down" picture for when I reach goal. I consider getting rid of the clothes a way to KNOW I have nothing to fall back on. If I gain wait, I'll have to get a WHOLE LOT more comfortable with running around Nekkid because I'm not buying big girl clothes EVER again!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jump4joy » July 4th, 2006, 10:13 pm

Yeah, my largest jeans were in there too, and I kind of wanted to keep them for the same reason as you, DeDe, but she spied them and was so excited that they were her size that I didn't have to heart to say anything. It's ok though...she was so happy that it made me happy give them to her.

Oh I LOVE what you said about never buying big girl clothes again....I gotta remember that one! :lol:

Ok, Denise...your turn next week!

Joy :mrgreen:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Lizabette » July 5th, 2006, 6:36 am

Thanks for the reminder, JOY.
Better go to work on my closet again!
It's gonna leave some spaces that I can fill with 'thinny clothes'...
when I am at goal! YAY!

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby jump4joy » July 5th, 2006, 1:02 pm

This morning while I was picking out a shirt to wear, I noticed several MORE items hanging there that were too large for me now. (How'd I miss them before?!) Two favorite denim jackets.....the sleeves were so long on me now that I could only see my fingertips, and the buttons (which I had a hard time doing up last winter because of my extra girth) edges wrapped around and overlapped to my armpits! I forgot how much bigger I was 34 lbs. ago. I loved, loved, loved those jackets.....I don't know why I felt sad that they don't fit.....crazy, huh? Four more shirts, a jumper, a skirt, and a beautiful poncho (Martha Stewart pattern) in a luscious yarn that I crocheted last winter.....all too big!!! I called my friend and then took them over to her house just now. She was so happy and said that it was like Christmas in July. I think it's amazing how God uses us to help and bless each other. Seeing her so happy made me less sad to lose those favorite items. Better to have them be USED than just sitting collecting dust....silently telling me to not worry about gaining weight back cuz they'd be waiting for me to fall back on. My closet and drawers are looking pretty EMPTY now. :shock: I hate to spend much $$ on things I only plan to wear temporarily....so I'm really going to have to hit the thrift stores and consignment shops and keep my eyes open for sales.....cuz I don't think it would be a pretty sight to have me runnin' around nekked. :lol: I have only 2 pairs of pants right now and the nicest one is getting baggy.....all the clothes that fit me are a little baggy. I have only a few t-shirts and tops (7), a couple of dresses for church and that's IT. Good thing I have some clothes in smaller sizes that I'll be able to wear soon. I have two boxes of medium clothes, and two boxes of small. And I have one pair of jeans in every size going down to 8.(which is what I was when I was thin).

After three long years of Restarts trying to get back into MF mode, I can say that having fewer clothes because I'm shrinking so fast is a NICE problem to have!

Joy :heart:
jump4joy

Postby jump4joy » July 6th, 2006, 1:25 pm

My PMDD week is here. (it's like PMS, only WORSE). I feel anxious and crabby for no reason.....it's hormonal hell! I can always tell the MOMENT it happens...it's very distinct....like a switch. I always feel a bit anti-social too, so I won't be posting a lot in the next week. It's okay, I'm used to it and know what to expect. I just give myself the "room" that I need. I have a hard time being around people when this happens. I don't go anywhere that there will be a lot of people during PMDD because it can trigger an anxiety-attack. :oops: So, no church this Sunday. I can only be around my hubby and my sweet girls. I don't take it out on them, but hubby knows better than to say anything that might set me off or tease me too much. I'm not mean when I'm in PMDD....just SAD and introverted. I'll be back to my old self next week....I keep reminding myself of this because I really get the HUNGRIES too, in spite of ketosis. It's really tough....if I have a slip, it's usually during this one week of every month. I'm determined and HOPING that I can get thru this week staying in compliance.

Joy :sadblue:
jump4joy

Postby Lizabette » July 6th, 2006, 2:18 pm

JOY, I am so sorry you are not feeling well!
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby jump4joy » July 6th, 2006, 4:01 pm

Thanks, dear Lizabette! I'll be free of it once I go through Menopause, so I just make the best of it. I'm peri-menopausal now, at 49, I have no idea how long I'll have to wait till it's over. See? Another bonus to getting older or "seasoned". :)

Joy :heart:
jump4joy

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 6th, 2006, 11:21 pm

Joy,
Wishing you a speedy trip through your trip! Enjoy your hubby and sweet kids!

Yell if you need us!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Zinkette99 » July 6th, 2006, 11:36 pm

Joy I am such a huge fan of yours. I know you can make it through this week. I am so happy you are able to get rid of some of your clothes! How awesome is that??? You are a wonderful person and you will be in my thoughts this week!
25 years old
5'8
Started MF'ing: 6/5/06
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Courtesy of ChiNut :):)
Zinkette99
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby jump4joy » July 7th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Thanks for your words of encouragement DeDe and Zink!!! You both brightened my day. :heart: :wave: :heart:

Joy
jump4joy

Postby DogMa » July 7th, 2006, 6:21 pm

Sorry you're in hormonal hell right now, Joy. If it makes you really hungry, why not have an extra meal? It's not cheating or being non-compliant at all, and maybe you're hungry because you actually just NEED a few extra calories at this time.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby jump4joy » July 7th, 2006, 9:02 pm

Thanks, Robin.....that's just what I'm doing this week. Jan, my most excellent H.A. and friend, has given me great advice, and I started adding the extra meal and snack on her suggestion last month. It's really helping to get me through this tough time. I'm hoping that soon my hormones will even out over time as I continue to benefit from the soy in my shakes. My PMS weeks aren't nearly as debilitating now as they were before I started MF in earnest.

Joy
jump4joy

Postby jump4joy » July 11th, 2006, 3:38 pm

July 11, 2006

Well, for the first time since I started on March 31, I made it through a PMS week strictly on plan with NO deviations! And I've even lost a little weight, even though my weight usually goes up due to the extra fluid I retain at this time of month. Aunt Flo came today (three days early!), so I should find relief from my "moods" by tomorrow. I'd like to see how much weight I can drop before the hormone train comes 'round again.

NSV's: Yesterday I was able to do a brisk walk with my two teen girls for 40 minutes or two miles. It just is so much easier to walk at this lighter weight. I've been walking with them and we were up to 30 minutes. Last January, I couln't go longer than 15-20 minutes, tops.

--Last night I was able to easily reach my toes and trim my toenails with no problems reaching! It's been a very long time since I could curl my legs under me and reach my feet without huffing and straining.

--I can shave one leg while easily standing on the other without the excess weight putting undue pressure on the foot I'm standing on. And along with that NSV: My feet don't hurt anymore and I can stand on them as long as I WANT to.

---my tummy has gotten OUT OF THE WAY and has shrunken considerably.

---the ground is no longer far away. I can get up and down easily while gardening or just get on the floor and sit indian-style. I've been able to work in my garden this year and, wow, you should see the results!

---I'm not pre-diabetic anymore and my health is fantastic.

---not quite halfway to goal and I feel like a new person. I feel like I've been let out of prison, and it will only get better.

Joy
jump4joy

words

Postby alohacate » July 11th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Your words have truely inspired me!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal