Joy???

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Joy???

Postby DogMa » September 23rd, 2006, 9:20 pm

Has anyone heard from Jump4Joy recently?? Seems like she hasn't posted in a few weeks.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Prancer » September 24th, 2006, 7:21 am

I was asking about her a couple weeks ago too.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sojourner » September 24th, 2006, 12:35 pm

Yeah, I noticed that both she and Fluffy have been MIA...I hope they're both all right. :?
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby SharonR » September 24th, 2006, 1:27 pm

I talked to Joy about a month ago. She said she was not doing the diet anymore and that she never felt accepted on this forum. People always correcting her and the such. Pretty sad. She was a real sweetheart.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby JKSRN » September 24th, 2006, 4:50 pm

You're so right, Sharon, Joy is a sweetheart and she will be missed very much! :cry: There are many times that I feel 'out of the loop', here too, but then again, I am here for the purpose of cheering others on, learning good nutrition skills for myself, and being compliant on Medifast, for me and my weight loss, and not necessarily in that order! So sorry to see her leave us. I wish her all the best of good things! :D Joan

By the way, where has Supermom been? Is she still on the program? :?:
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » September 24th, 2006, 4:58 pm

i saw where she posted that she was going off plan.
but, i was a little put off by the idea that people did not accept her-- because this place is nuturing and sweet to the point of making me diabetic sometimes. i love you guys, but y'all know it's true.

so, i scanned some the old posts, and i didn't see anything but cheers and support for her. any of us will get a slap on the wrist when we do something we shouldn't. ahem. isn't that half of why we're here? heck, we've always told people who can't do mf but will still diet to keep posting if they want.

that was it. my 20 pesos.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby SharonR » September 24th, 2006, 5:35 pm

All I will say is, that is not always the case, Alex, I have talked to others who have had said the same thing about not fitting in.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Sojourner » September 24th, 2006, 7:19 pm

alpha femme wrote:i saw where she posted that she was going off plan.
but, i was a little put off by the idea that people did not accept her-- because this place is nuturing and sweet to the point of making me diabetic sometimes. i love you guys, but y'all know it's true.

so, i scanned some the old posts, and i didn't see anything but cheers and support for her. any of us will get a slap on the wrist when we do something we shouldn't. ahem. isn't that half of why we're here? heck, we've always told people who can't do mf but will still diet to keep posting if they want.

that was it. my 20 pesos.

I also scanned some old posts and saw where Joy talked about going off plan--I was off plan myself at the time so I missed it. She stated that MF was "causing serious problems with my digestive system. I've developed a food intolerance/allergy to the sweeteners used in the shakes..." Huh. No mention of leaving because people corrected her. In her very early posts, when she was new, she did speak of not feeling as though she belonged, but appeared to have gotten over that, made friends and really connected with people, and went on to contribute a great deal to the forum. It's really good when people can get over things, don'tcha think?

Anyway...I hope she's fine and doing well.
Has anyone heard from Fluffy?
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby jump4joy » September 26th, 2006, 9:33 am

Thank you all for your care and concern....I'm very touched.

I "disappeared" because I had to go off MF because I developed a food intolerance or allergy to the sweeteners used in the shakes. If you want to know more, I've written a post in my Journal thread. I felt a little lost and depressed about it for a while, but life goes on...

Now my focus is to get very fit by exercising 5-6 days a week and patiently wait for my metabolism to speed up enough to see some weight loss. I still have 40 lbs. to lose, but I'm not focusing on the scale...just trying to make permanent, healthy lifestyle changes. Eating small, frequent, and healthy portions of food. I've been reading a lot of good books, trying to change how I see food, and deal with my food "issues". I'm not "off" my diet now....I'm in that learning process of making the lifetime changes that I need to make in order to maintain my weight lost so far, and escape the disordered eating or "diet mentality" that DOES NOT SERVE ME. I'm weary of that game....the diet roller-coaster. TIME to get off! The glass is not half-empty.....I didn't fail by not reaching my goal weight.....I lost almost half of the fat-burden that I was carrying around at the first of the year.....I feel 1000% better! I may not lose the remaining weight by my birthday (about 3 months away), but I will make progress....I'm determined to make progress. No more Yo-yo. I've gotten rid of all my fat-clothes....I never want to be where I was again. I LOVED Medifast, but I know that I can still lose the rest of my weight doing something different.

I appreciate the support and the association of good people I found here at this forum. There are some really wonderful people here. I've missed you, and truly wish you all the best! I'll check in often and will be watching you and cheering you on in my heart.

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby ascicles » September 26th, 2006, 11:32 am

Edit: I responded to the original comments, but seeing the actual explanation, I have removed it.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby ascicles » September 26th, 2006, 11:34 am

SharonR wrote:All I will say is, that is not always the case, Alex, I have talked to others who have had said the same thing about not fitting in.

I find that a little hard to believe. I feel like I've been accepted, and I'm a complete ass. I can't imagine anyone not being accepted if they are encouraging and polite.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby DogMa » September 26th, 2006, 12:23 pm

I agree, actually. I think this is such a diverse group of people that just about anyone can find SOMEone to relate to here.

And Joy, I'm so glad to hear you're OK. I haven't been around here as much, so I either missed or forgot your problems with the food (now that I hear it, I think I may have just forgotten; I swear, I have a mind like a sieve sometimes). It sounds like you're doing what you need to do to reach your goal, though. So what if you don't reach it as quickly; look how long it's taken ME. You'll get there. Take care, and check in when you can. I'm sure I speak for many of us who would love to hear about your progress.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby jump4joy » September 26th, 2006, 12:42 pm

This was what I wrote to Sharon about a month ago:

Thank you Sharon, I appreciate you thinking about me....so kind of you. And congrats on your pregnancy....that's a good reason to go off plan. I wish you all the best! I won't be around at the forum.....there's no point in it since I'm not on Medifast anymore. I never really felt like I was part of the group anyways, so it's just as well. Better that I spend less time at the computer.

Take care and best wishes....it was nice to cross paths with you!

Joy

I thought I'd try to explain what I meant by not feeling that I was a part of the group, if I can....it's not really the group's "fault"---those are my own issues, my personal feelings. I'm not really a "joiner", usually I do this kind of thing alone (i.e. dieting, self-improvement). I like people, but I'm more of a loner....just usually a private kind of person. I often feel uncomfortable in a group setting. Without going into details, I suffered from a very disfunctional-family upbringing....betrayed and rejected by family and an abusive past marriage. As a result, I suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder and have a difficult time letting people get close to me. Other than my wonderful husband and two dear daughters, I usually keep the rest of the world at arm's-length. Joining this group was an attempt to force myself to reach out and interact with people....easier to do on the web....face to face is impossible for me...the anxiety gets to be too much. Strange how easy it is to divulge such personal stuff in this kind of anonymous setting.....never ever to those I associate with on a day to day basis (excepting my husband and dd's). No one who knows me would guess how the Anxiety makes me suffer. I hide it very well. People generally wouldn't understand anyway I don't think.....it's a hard limitation and I have a hard time understanding it myself, and I'm the one living with it. I never feel like I'm part of any group.

I also joined the group because Medifast is soooo stringent and uniquely difficult in it's way that I wanted to gain strength from knowing that others were going through the same struggles with their dieting efforts as I was. Misery loves company? More like strength in numbers, and not feeling alone in the day to day struggle.

This was hard for me to post, but I'm doing it because it's good for me to push myself a little outside my comfort zone.
jump4joy

Postby jump4joy » September 26th, 2006, 12:48 pm

DogMa wrote:I agree, actually. I think this is such a diverse group of people that just about anyone can find SOMEone to relate to here.

And Joy, I'm so glad to hear you're OK. I haven't been around here as much, so I either missed or forgot your problems with the food (now that I hear it, I think I may have just forgotten; I swear, I have a mind like a sieve sometimes). It sounds like you're doing what you need to do to reach your goal, though. So what if you don't reach it as quickly; look how long it's taken ME. You'll get there. Take care, and check in when you can. I'm sure I speak for many of us who would love to hear about your progress.

Thanks Robin! You are my inspiration. I will check in and post in my Journal here from time to time. Thanks for your kind regard.
jump4joy

Postby DogMa » September 26th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Joy, I totally understand. I have social anxiety issues, too, although mine are a bit different. It sounds like you cope with it well, though, even if you get upset by social situations (heck, you're married with kids!).

Good luck! (And no matter how hard it is, I expect to hear from you when you reach goal, missy!!!)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Next

Return to The Weight Room