New Intro/Joy

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Lizabette » April 12th, 2006, 8:58 pm

JOY,

Love your name, JOY, because it has a very special meaning. :heart:
Just want you to know that we are with you all the way!

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby jump4joy » April 13th, 2006, 11:03 am

Thank you, Lizabette! I love my name too....now that I've begun my journey to Thindom, I feel happier--more JOYFUL than I've felt in a long time. And LOOK AT YOU, Silver Fox Lady---over halfway to goal!!!!! Awesome!!! :clap:

I've gotta say, the warm welcome I've received here has literally brought tears to my eyes :tears: ....happy tears though! I had been feeling somewhat alone in my dieting struggles...needing the interest and interaction from others who are going through the same thing I am. Needing the "MF chatter", which I know is boring to those who aren't doing it, but endlessly FACINATING :mrgreen: to those of us who ARE. Know-whada-mean? :nutz:

Just want to personally acknowledge and thank those for taking the time to post to me:

Robin- #50- Wow! 20 pounds from goal!!!! You're almost there! :woohoo:

Arklahoma- #30 fabulous! :yay:

Joyce- #40 fantastic! :bow:

Bobbi- one week ahead of me...I'll be watching/cheering your progress :cheerleader: :cateye:

Lisa- 50# Wonderful! :coolnana:

Laura-80# Inspirational! You're almost there! :trophy:

Trixie- 30# Hallelujah Halfway there!! :puma:

Michelle- 30# You Rock! :yourock:

Rosewaddles- We're just starting out, but we're on our way! :stroll:

Geri- 20# :yes:

Jan & Nancy- already thanked you for your interest, but want to thank you again! :leopard:

So today is Day #14 for me on the 5 & 1 and I'm down seven pounds now!

Moving forward with Medifast (MFWM),
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby supermom » April 13th, 2006, 11:19 am

I am on day 3, down 7.5#. I know it is water and other "stuff", but a pound is a pound. Anywho, you are not alone. We are glad to have you. Good Luck on your journey. :mrgreen:
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby jump4joy » April 13th, 2006, 11:52 am

Oh wow Laurie...7.5 pounds in three days!!!! It's taken me almost two weeks to lose the same amount! LUCKEEYYY gal!! I'm happy for ya and I know that your early weight loss will be a big motivating BOOST for you this week...I can't wait to hear what you'll have lost after finishing one week. Maybe most of it was water, but I'm willing to bet that a few of those pounds were fat.....you're on your way.....:boing:

Thanks for your good wishes,
jump4joy

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 14th, 2006, 2:34 pm

Joy,

I loved your first post! You're going to be a real asset to the boards. This is my second time doing MF. I did it without gaining much back last year, but I just wasn't ready to commit! Seeing you commitment here on the forums IN PUBLIC brought joy(tee hee) to my heart!

Day 13 almost down, you're WELL on your way!

: :stroll: Welcome and I'm glad you're walking this journey with us! I can't tell you what a difference THIS forum has been in the way I'm doing MF this time as compared to last time.

Welcome!

DeDe

We're winning, can't you tell?
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jump4joy » April 14th, 2006, 3:30 pm

Thanks DeDe!

I'm glad that I'm not the only "repeat offender" here.... :oops:
Good for you that you didn't gain back what you lost last year! That's an accomplishment....one I haven't mastered yet. But I hope to get it right this time. :mrgreen:

I found this board a lttle while ago, and last month someone here posted something that inspired me. They said that the thing that helped them most was that they had committed to stick to MF completely for 30 days, no matter what, and that got them going. I wish I remember who it was because that person said just the thing I needed to hear and I decided to commit to 30 days too!! Now I'm into my 15th day---halfway through my mini-goal---and it's given me the momentum and motivation that I've been trying SO hard to get for so long! :bouncie:

We're so close to weighing the same DeDe....soon we'll be in ONEderland!!! (you're closer to your goal than I am....wow, look how far you've come)!!!!!!!!!
jump4joy

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 14th, 2006, 3:45 pm

Hi,

I did gain 6lbs back and i decided that was enough. What I really was happy about is how much of what I learned stuck with me. I was still eating crap, but I was eating smaller portions of crap more times per day. So I am confident that when I get to transition into maintenance, that I will be able to keep it off...FOR GOOD! I'm tired of being a professional dieter, I just want to be a person!

It may have been me that said I just made a commitment to stick to the plan without deviations, without cheating, without excuses for 30 days and see what happened. Well, 26lbs gone happened! I didn't need to make that deal with myself for this month! That's for sure! I've never stuck to a program this long, and I've never not cheated. I'm so thrilled!

The other thing that motivates me is that I'm changing my feelings about food. I now think of food as medicine or fuel. I wouldn't feel bad about the fuel I put in my car (oh, I should've got the premium, why can't I have that?), so why should I be that way about food? Food is fuel for this engine I call my body and I better put the high grade in there or I'll start clunking, sputtering and porking up!

It also helps me not to doctor my supplements too much by considering it medicine. I wouldn't doctor the prescription the doctor gave me, so why would I doctor this?

You're off to a great start and we'll be here whenever you need us!

DeDe

We're winning, can't you tell?
dede4wd

Postby jump4joy » April 14th, 2006, 4:20 pm

Oh wow, isn't that amazing?????????!!!! It WAS you I'll bet...nobody else said it just that way.

I thought to myself when I wrote my reply to you..."wouldn't that be a strange coincidence if it turned out to be DeDe???"

THANK YOU FOR THE INSPIRATION :bighug:

I relate to what you said about being a professional dieter. I'd love think about other things and pursue other goals. I remember reading somewhere, where someone said: "When I get to the Pearly Gates someday, heaven forbid that St. Peter asks me what I did with my life, and I answer...I WATCHED MY WEIGHT"!!! :uhuh: :mrgreen:

Joy
jump4joy

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 14th, 2006, 4:30 pm

I love your pearly gates quote. I have to think of something better to say!

I'm so proud and honored that one of my inane ramblings actually inspired and influenced someone. I'm doing so well on the plan, I just want to shout it from the rooftops! I'm so pleased you're walking this journey with me!

If I get to onederland Sunday, I'll be overjoyed! I'm not holding my breath though! I'll look for you Sunday at the roll call, it's where we all give our losses for the week and then Lisa adds it up and we're all impressed! Look on the side of the forum names and you'll see one for Roll Call. It's really inspiring for me! Hope it is for you too! PM, IM or e-mail me anytime!

DeDe

We're winning, can't you tell!

P.S. Where in Utah are you? My Mum lives in SLC in the Avenues! I get up there all the time or she cries!
dede4wd

Postby jump4joy » April 14th, 2006, 6:13 pm

Thanks for the heads-up about Sunday's Roll Call...being a newbie, I don't yet know the regular goings-on here. I'll be there! So nice of your offer to email or IM...that would be great!

I live just a 15 minute drive north of there in a suburb called Bountiful.
Small world! :cool:
jump4joy

Previous

Return to Come on in.