My introduction

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

My introduction

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 11th, 2005, 4:02 am

Hello everyone,

I am so happy to have found this support group! I just started medifast last Friday, 9/9/05. My name is Judy Ley Boertman, I'm 45 and I live in Mason, Michigan. I am married with two kids, Benjamin 10 and Rachel 3. Yes, that's right, I am an old lady with a 3 year old!

I have tried EVERYTHING to lose weight with exception of bariatric surgery. I don't think I am a candidate for surgery because I have Crohn's disease.

I have always struggled with my weight! I'm kind of tall, 5'8", and I in my adult life, I have only been under 200 three times. I have got down to 160 twice, and it feels wonderful!

When I decided to start having kids, I was infertile, and my OB/GYN doctor put me on clomid for a year. Between the fertility pills and the depression from not becoming pregnant, I went from around 220 to 270 by the time I got pregnant. I have hovered around the 270 - 300 mark for the past 11 years.

My son Benjamin is autistic which having a special needs child adds to the emotions. He is wonderful, very smart and has a lot of language, but the world is such a struggle for him. Miss Rachel is a chatter box! I keep trying to get Benjamin to talk and Rachel to listen! :-P

I've got to get this weight off for me so that I can be the kind of mom that I need to be; healthy, happy and energetic.

Take care and God Bless,
Judy
mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby ladyhawke » September 11th, 2005, 4:17 am

Welcome Judy and God Bless You and your little guys. I agree with you about this forum, I could have never survived on MF this long without these beautiful ladies and men.
You will do it, we will pray for you to do it. Make sure you drink enough water to sink a battleship, that is a big part of it.
I look forward to your posts. You will love it here and wait until you meet Martha! We are anxiously waiting for her to get back.
Once the lbs come rolling off you will be ecstatic.
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ljm498 » September 11th, 2005, 4:35 am

Welcome Judy! This is a wonderful family here and will lend you tons and tons of support as you travel along your Medifast journey. You will be down below 200 and feeling great before you know it!

Good luck! :D
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 11th, 2005, 5:02 am

What a nice welcome! Thanks everyone!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel

Postby Mommy2girls » September 11th, 2005, 7:01 am

Welcome Judy!

That is my mom's name (well Judith, but she has never been called that!) :lol: You will be able to do this, and we are glad you found this forum. Many of us, myself included, count this forum as one of the reasons we have found success!!!

Looking forward to "seeing" less of you in the weeks and months to come!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby mama of 2 » September 11th, 2005, 7:05 am

HI Mama

You will love it here. The people are so wonderful.
Nice to here I'm not the only one in 40's with a little one.
I'm 42 , my daughter is 4 and my son is 20.
We can do it.
mama of 2
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Guest » September 11th, 2005, 7:37 am

My name is Judith too, but the only people who call me that are when I'm waiting in a doctor's office or something like it and they always call you by your given name! My mom always called me "Judith Ann" when she was scolding me too! :lol:

Mommy2girls wrote:Welcome Judy!

That is my mom's name (well Judith, but she has never been called that!) :lol: You will be able to do this, and we are glad you found this forum. Many of us, myself included, count this forum as one of the reasons we have found success!!!

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 11th, 2005, 7:40 am

Oops! That was me, I forgot to log in first!

Anonymous wrote:My name is Judith too, but the only people who call me that are when I'm waiting in a doctor's office or something like it and they always call you by your given name! My mom always called me "Judith Ann" when she was scolding me too! :lol:

Mommy2girls wrote:Welcome Judy!

Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

mama2benandrachel

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 11th, 2005, 7:49 am

Hi Mama of 2!

It's nice to talk to you too! Do you find that raising a boy (I know your son is grown) was a lot easier than a girl? With my DD, everything is so dramatic and traumatic! Maybe she's going to be an actress!

mama of 2 wrote:HI Mama

You will love it here. The people are so wonderful.
Nice to here I'm not the only one in 40's with a little one.
I'm 42 , my daughter is 4 and my son is 20.
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

mama2benandrachel

Postby shortgirl » September 11th, 2005, 10:21 am

Welcome Judy my name is Judy Ann also. My mom said when I was born my dad said we are going to name her Judy not Judith because everyone will call her Judy so mine is just Judy. This forum is great I couldn't have lost without it. Judy from Iowa.
shortgirl
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » September 16th, 2005, 10:05 am

Mama....or Judy....... :wavie: ......it's so nice to meet you...... :D .....I'm glad you have decieded to do something special and life changing for yourself..... :secret: ..stick with this program and stay connected to this forum... :yes: .....it will be worth your time... :roflmao: ...and I have to laugh at your comment below:

[quote="mama2benandrachel"] With my DD, everything is so dramatic and traumatic! Maybe she's going to be an actress!
[quote="mama of 2"]

I have 2 girls: 15 & 17 and the first one was born an actress....DRAMA should have been her name..... :roll: ....but they are precious....... :angel:

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lisa in NY » September 16th, 2005, 10:20 am

44 yrs. old here with two girls (15, 12) and a little boy (4)! Boy was my 40th birthday surprise to myself!

You'll love Medifast and the people around here!

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 16th, 2005, 3:43 pm

Thanks Donna and Lisa! I already love this place and the people!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

mama2benandrachel

Return to Come on in.