Independence Day & Nancy's Absence

Meet Terry and Nancy.

Independence Day & Nancy's Absence

Postby Nancy » July 3rd, 2009, 4:37 pm

:wave: Healthy Howdies, Everyone ~

I wanted to wish you a safe and blessed Independence Day.

Good news from TSFL, the company has dropped the price of the Ready To Drinks from $69.95 to $64.95 per case of 24 and for people who are in the BeSlim Club, your discount will make an especially nice savings.

The RTDs are heavy and costly to ship; if your BeSlim Club order is over $200 AFTER the discount is subtracted, you will receive free shipping. When placing your BeSlim Club orders, it is necessary to consider how your accrued discount will affect the bottom line cost of your order.

:coach: There will be some new products coming out very soon; I’ll let you know about them once I am allowed to unseal my lips! The information will be released next week at the national convention in Scottsdale, AZ. They are really good. :thumbup:

Holidays and weekends can pose challenges for people that are new to the weight loss phase of the TSFL program or for folks that are nearing their goal – sometimes when we get so close to our healthy weight we can :? falsely think that having just a few extra bites or non-program items ‘surely won’t hurt anything’ but be forewarned! It can be just the thing that sends us off on a detour, delaying our arrival at the :x destination.

There are some that really struggle to get back on the program - I urge you to remain commnitted to your goal and to your health. There will be more picnics and other opportunities to scarf. Every day is filled with :twisted: challenges and we need to learn to say :tongue: no to those things that will not get us where we want to be.

If you have plans to be with family and friends this weekend, be realistic in your thinking – there WILL be juicy-looking food, fabulous drinks/beer/wine and even some people that can attempt to sabotage you from reaching your healthiest best. Some people do not want you to look better than they do, they do not want you to be thinner than they are...stand firm; this is about your health.

Be sure to eat your Medifast meal replacements at the regularly scheduled intervals, drink all the water you need to keep your body satisfied and well- hydrated.

If there is something on the table that you cannot live without and you have access to it only once or twice a year such as fresh strawberry shortcake or pulled pork, take a very small amount. Sniff it, taste it, chew thoroughly, drink plenty of water in between bites and determine to make this a one-time single off-program meal experience, when the event is over, go back to your regular 5 & 1 meal plan and do not skip a meal replacement to ‘make up’ for the non-program foods.

Take a vegetable platter with celery, cucumber, zucchini and crunchy romaine lettuce with some fresh salsa – that way, when others are munching out on carb-laden corn chips or fatty tater chips and Ranch Dip, you can have something crunchy and healthy to munch on.

Stay away from the food table, keep your back to it so you don’t see it! Outta sight, outta mind and outta the mouth...
just think about how pleased you will be when you step on the scale on Monday.

You’ve been to picnics and barbecues before, you know exactly how the hot dogs, potato salad and burgers will taste.

They taste the same as the last time you had them and they will still be around when you are at your goal weight if you choose to have them at that time.

:bib: Grilled chicken and a green salad is good-tasting, approved for the program and will not interfere with the fat-burning state.

Just remember what I always say, Nothing Tastes as Good as Thin Feels! :toast:

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :byebye:

BTW, I will be in Scottsdale, Arizona at the national TSFL convention Sunday July 5-12th, 2009. If you need assistance with anything, send an email directly to me Nancy at MakeMeThinner dot com rather than sending a Private Message through the MakeMeThinner Forum as they are very difficult for me to access through my phone.
I can easily read email on my phone or leave a voicemail message and I will get back with you as soon as I can.

I believe in you! :hug:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Re: Independence Day & Nancy's Absence

Postby Karli » July 4th, 2009, 1:36 pm

Hi Nancy, happy independence day to you, too ! I am very excited about the new products and will look forward to learning about them when we are allowed to learn about them, but I mostly just want to thank you so much for such a great message here on the board ! It is very helpful and encouraging :).

Have a great day and a great trip !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » July 4th, 2009, 7:26 pm

Hey, Karli ~

I see you are making some good progress toward your goal; when I first started on the program in 2002, I had no idea that it would change my life so much. I had the desire to lose some weight (never thought I could lose all I needed to lose because I found it difficult to own up to the fact that I was seriously overweight. I used trite words when I referred to myself like 'fluffy' or 'big girl' or big-boned...' The truth hurt and I wanted to avoid it. Yep, the old denial thing...)

I felt safe when I followed the program because it was so clearly defined for me - it was like having two columns with the headings: Eat this / Do not eat this!

I could understand it; I needed something simple; the structure perfect for me.
I had rough moments (heck, I had rough days/weeks/months!) but none of them were as rough as having serious health issues. I figured that I could pay the price now for healthy food and put forth some effort and discipline or I could pay later with a damaged body, ever-increasing prescriptions, more foot surgeries, larger clothing sizes and a poor quality of health and life. So thankful I chose health!

Karli, it is good that you, too are choosing to go the healthier route. Have you gotten a copy of Dr. A's Habits of Health? It is an excellent book - a textbook really. It's easy to read, makes sense and assists us to make the daily choices that lead us to a healthier lifestyle.

Well, Little Darlin' I must go pack as we leave at the crack of dawn for Scottsdale!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby oksoonergirl26 » July 5th, 2009, 9:20 am

Thank you for the inspiration! I look forward to seeing what news you have to share with us when you return!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to A Message from your Hosts