Hungry Every Two Hours

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Hungry Every Two Hours

Postby mytime » July 4th, 2005, 8:09 pm

This is day ten for me and while I am not totally outer limits starving like I was the first oh three or four days I am still getting hungry every two hours. I was wondering if maybe I need to change to the MF 70's. I don't have an "active life" in the physical sense, but I do work a lot of hours and not get a whole lot of sleep - plus very high stress job. I can literally feel my mind slow down and I have to reach for words or even have problems typing ? Anyway I try to push myself to 3 hours and I can tell pretty close to having MF a difference. Kind of like a flower that has been watered I just kind of perk right up. Any thoughts ? Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby martha » July 4th, 2005, 10:05 pm

MYTIME---

Have you tried to have a cup of bouillon or suck on a piece of diet candy in between your shakes?? maybe a pickle will help.. the fast soups really come in handy as well as the MF crackers just to nibble on( I like the crunch)
Stress will really pull you down.. I know this from experience.. my doctor is always after me to try to get better control..and I don't get alot of sleep either and we all need at least 8 hours of good uninterrupted sleep for our bodies to refuel and all. I never get it (up alot with mom at night)
My husband uses the 70 shakes and they aren't but 10 calories more --so they shouldn't hurt your weight loss efforts.. it's really up to you if you want to try them or not.. I have them some days just because they are here.. maybe with your hectic life you are more active than you think--(just my thoughts) It took me about 3 weeks before I really stopped getting hungry every 2 hours.. I have to make myself drink all of my shakes now because I am so full most of the time.. good luck--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sablebaby » July 4th, 2005, 10:13 pm

Mytime-

I eat pretty much every 2 hours. Sometimes I can stretch it a bit if I'm busy, but I always get hungry every 2 hours. I also use the 70 shakes and they are good. But I've always been this way. I agree with Martha about some boullion, that helps me a lot if I get drained or extra hungry. I also drink about 3 glasses of water with every supplement so that really makes me full. Good luck!
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » July 5th, 2005, 6:25 am

Dear MyTime ~

Martha is exactly right - not getting enough sleep and having a very active or stressful day can certainly affect one's sense of well-being, weight loss and nutritional needs. I'd suggest ordering the 70's for next time.

I was flat-out hungry for two weeks before I felt any relief from hunger and I went to bed very early to avoid eating. Having your shakes every 2- 2.5 hours apart, perhaps adding one to extra shake to your daily input will help you as well. Bouillon or Fast Soup is a great pick-me-up. If you are not used to drinking much water, the Medifast is somewhat dehydating plus the water drinkage can deplete you of sodium, resulting in a washed-out puny feeling...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby DogMa » July 5th, 2005, 9:37 pm

I find I'm usually hungrier at the start of the day, so my first two Medi-meals are about two hours apart, then I move to 2.5 hours apart, then usually by my lean/green dinner, I'm more full and can space the last couple out a little more (plus by then I'm usually at work and on deadline, and I'm too busy to worry about the hunger).

I also try to make sure I get in a couple of glasses of water between each meal, which also helps fill me up (and keeps my mouth occupied, in case it's not REAL hunger).

And some of the meals are much more filling than others. The pudding leaves me starving, but give me chili and crackers and a bottle of water and I'm good for three hours or more.

Good luck!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Nancy » July 5th, 2005, 9:45 pm

Hi, Robin!

You're doing great! You've also figured out what works well for you - thanks for sharing with us.

I agree with having some water guzzled between meals to stave of hunger. You also make a great point that we can distract ourselves from hunger by getting busy or getting our mind focused on something else.

I find that the Oatmeal or the Chai to be filling and satisfying - the Iced Teas, Cranberry Mango and Tropical Punch leave my belly feeling empty and I'm on the prowl to control the growl all too soon...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby mytime » July 6th, 2005, 9:28 am

As always a million thanks - I try to eat the more food oriented supplements because I sometimes feel a little punished if my meal is in a small glass - I also try to drink 320z of water with some of my supplements. Here is how I do it thus far

Oatmeal
shake
shake
bar
chicken and rice soup with the fast soup in it
(I usually have a pickel or two when I am cooking for my family and they are eating -I like the crunch crunch).

As weird as this sounds I am kind of getting used to being hungry all of the time. Maybe like I got used to being full all of the time ? Anyway I placed my next order before I read this - I was out of RTG shakes and I LOVE THEM - but if this persists I am getting the 70's.

I did not get any chilli or crackers when I ordered the first time - but they are on their way and I am SOOOO happy. That and I ate my last oatmeal this morning until my new shipment gets here - Boo Hoo - I really do like it and it just seems like FOOD. Guess cause it is. Thanks everyone KEEP SHAKIN AND KEEP DRINKIN CAUSE WE ARE ALL SHRINKIN - :) Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby Nancy » July 6th, 2005, 9:41 am

MyTime ~

Yippy - you are about to kiss the '30's good-bye! Hooray!

We are all different in our likes and dislikes.

When I first started the weight loss program I needed quantity and so I made my shakes in the blender - I plumped them up by first whipping the packet with 8-10 ounces of water for about 4-5 minutes and then added 1/2-1 cups of crushed ice and blended until it was like a huge milkshake. It helped to fill my humongously stretched stomach. I also did not care for the smell of the shakes and the whippage made it seem to smell better to me.

Now I love the smell and the smaller quantity and also appreciate the quick and dirty (that's what I call the shaker jar preparation method!) for its time-saving and quick clean-up ease.

My husband finds that the RTDs send him to the sandbox more quickly than the regular shake-em-yourselves and that they do not hold him for three hours - he is cruising the cupboards or the glovebox for grub in about an hour and a half...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby mytime » July 12th, 2005, 8:15 pm

Nancy - I think it is the RTG's. Martha gave me the suggestion from Success in a Jar to take pepcid - I did and it worked great for about two hours - without the grumbles I did not feel hungry ( or I guess have the sensation of hunger) I almost missed my shake. I have also been chewing gum which I know can make it worse, so I have cut back on this as well. I think I am going to try and mix my own shakes for a while and see if this helps as well. Thank again, Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby Sablebaby » July 12th, 2005, 8:59 pm

Mytime and Martha,
I may have to try the pepcid thing as well. Like I said before I do get hungry every two hours, but I've always been that way! Except now I'm just getting tired of it. Are we supposed to feel hungry at all? Or is it fine to feel hungry around mealtime? I read to eat the supplement on a schedule and before you get hungry to prevent hunger and not wait for it to appear. If I did that I'd be eating every 90 minutes and be out of meals by 2pm! :shock: I've been doing fine though so I don't know. :scratchhead:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby martha » July 12th, 2005, 9:30 pm

SABLEBABY----------

There are days I am still hungry every 2 hours or so but I try to have a pickle or a cup of bouillon soup.. it helps..and sometimes I suck a piece of werthers sf hard candy.. its soo good and creamy..taste just like the regular ones and no after taste.. You can always have a sf drink of some kind.. I have a big glass of water at times.. Some days I have to make myself eat all the shakes(yes NANCY I eat them all now :D )..I think its fine to feel hungry around mealtime.. for me anyway it reminds me to SLURP!! Hope this helps--if not do try the pepcid..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Nancy » July 12th, 2005, 9:46 pm

Usually real live belly hunger goes away in a relatively short period of time - head hunger lingers...for a while. It is normal to be hungry at meal time but one shouldn't feel like a Starvin' Marvin the entire day!

I felt true belly hunger for two full weeks. I drank five shakes a day - now that I know about spacing meals closer together, drinking plenty of water, having an extra shake or two if needed and using the appetite suppression shakes or using a 70 shake, it makes a big difference.

Sometimes one needs to really determine if it is head hunger or belly hunger they are experiencing. Drinking 64 ounces + of water? Use some bouillon in between meals. The Pepcid makes a real difference for many people and I often suggest that for calming down the growling hallow/empty stomach feeling.

When I was on the weight program, I made a rule for myself to not have packets closer than every 2 hours. I used bouillon, herbal tea or water if I felt hungry before the two hours were up. I distracted myself - went out in the yard, cleaned out a drawer, did some ironing, made a phone call, etc. I went to bed very very early for a while to avoid eatage...my stomach growled and I thought of all the people that experienced hunger every day of their lives. I became very grateful and thankful for the abundance I experience.

If you continue to experience significant hunger, try having the Medifast 70 shakes or use 2-3 of the MF+ Appetite Suppression shakes during the hungriest time of your day. Try having your packets every 2.25-2.5 hours.

Are you weighing and measuring your Lean and Green – getting enough or super-sizing? Are you skipping any meals or going more than 4 hours between any meals?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Sablebaby » July 12th, 2005, 10:51 pm

Well, let's see....I drink about 3 glasses of water with each meal until the next one. I do drink a cup of boullion when it gets bad (I may try making it a point to have one cup EVERYday or two if needed).

I have my pickles each day. I drink sf drinks when I don't want any MORE water.

I drink only the 70 shakes (haven't even tried the 55's yet). Occasionally I do have a app sup shake, but don't really feel a difference with those. I do find I'm more full and the fullness lasts longer with the oatmeal and soup. :eat: Maybe it's the shakes? :?:

Now granted I'm not hungry all the time, it just seems that way as 2 hours passes very quickly. Many times it is difficult to distinguish between head hunger and real hunger.

I haven't yet (until tonight) tried taking an additional supplement. I was wondering if that would do the trick. I've always had a fast :redprowl: metabolism as I have a lot of lean body mass. With the amount of muscle I have, I have always looked about 50 lbs lighter than I weigh. Back when I weighed 190 people thought I was in the 140's. :shock:

I'm going to try taking short walks this week as I am starting my 4th week. That should help with the hunger. :D

I have been doing more of the 5/1 and my lean and green is measured out great. I'm thinking about doing the full fast during the week though and the 5/1 on the weekends. I'll figure out what works best for me eventually. :yay:

Thanks everyone! :yourock:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby mytime » July 14th, 2005, 10:25 pm

Nancy - I have been really on program - I did eat the chicken without the vegetables - but this was post grumbles. First time in my life I am actually drinking the water I bring with me no less than 64oz and often closer to 96.The pecid has cut it down by half - I totally get the head part - but honestly just grumble grumble. I am convinced it is the RTG - I had a regular shake today in the am and almost forgot to eat. Remembered and ate a RTG and within the hour grumble - had pepcid and that stuff really works. I was so full tonight I had to talk myself into my last supplement. Will have been on plan 4 weeks on Saturday. Have come very close to four hours but have not gone over. The only other thing I can think of is that I am chronically sleep deprived. With this I am going to bed. I have to be up at 4 am again - Yikes- and thanks everyone, Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby Nancy » July 14th, 2005, 11:01 pm

Dear MyTime ~

The RTDs (Ready To Drinks) seem to go right through you - can't figure out why they give you a rumbly tummy.

When my husband drinks them, he feels hungry sooner than when he drinks a regular Medifast 55 or 70 packet shake. He usually drinks Medifast 70's and I can understand why a 55 won't hold him as long as a 70 because the 55's have 3 grams less soy protein than the 70's.

People who are lactose intolerant usually can drink the RTDs with little or no problems.

I guess you will just have to adjust your order next time. Have you tried the 70's at all?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to Weight Loss