Hungry Every Two Hours

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby mytime » July 16th, 2005, 7:16 pm

Nancy - No, I haven't tried the 70's yet. I don't think I am going to. I read what you said about how it took you two weeks to get your grumbles to stop. Well I have been having a combo of RTG and 55's and other supplements (rather than RTG's 3 times a day) and at about Wednesday of last week - so 2.5 weeks- this plus the pepcid seems to have cured me for the most part. I am kind of to the place where I have to remind myself to get everything eaten, which is really weird - but welcome weird.

I am really glad you wrote about eating late. I never have - usually ate dinner around 6 and that was it. On MF I have been having to eat as late as 9 to get them all in. I was a little worried about the wt loss eating this late, so hearing from you this has no effect made me feel a whole lot better.

Sablebaby - try the pepicd - it worked wonders for me.

Thanks again, Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby martha » July 16th, 2005, 7:38 pm

MYTIME--

Really glad the rumbly-tummy thing is better.. I eat late at night to. my last shake is around 9pm also.. I too have to make myself drink it sometimes as I am full.. I always ate late at night when I was alone.. not because I was hungry but just because.. then all of it came back to haunt me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: hope you have a good week this week.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Help with constant hunger

Postby from Amelie » July 18th, 2005, 2:01 pm

I read your note and know exactly how you feel, like most f the dieters that visit this forum. I found this article on another website. Your hunger attacks are probably over now, but this article could come in handy for others. Here goes:

Hunger that doesn't go away?
If you continue to struggle with hunger beyond the first week or two, your stomach may be excreting more acid than needed for the small volume of food intake. This can create a "gnawing" sensation in your stomach that feels exactly like hunger. If you have a history of having an ulcer or gastritis, you can be particularly prone to this type of hunger problem.

To manage hunger that won't go away, consider taking an acid-blocker medication such as Zantac®, Tagamet® or Pepcid AC®. You will find these in drug stores or grocery stores, usually in the same location as antacids.
[/b]
from Amelie

Postby Unca_Tim » July 18th, 2005, 4:02 pm

Hi Amelie and welcome to the forum,
You can also find that info here in our FAQ's at this link:
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-566.html

Thanks for sharing it with everyone.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby mytime » July 18th, 2005, 9:48 pm

Amelie - thank you for your post ! I did take the pepcid and it really helped ! - never had any problem in the past with gastric stuff - or I might have but I never was not full long enough to notice. Thanks again. And if you want to join us, MF has been great to me thus far and we are always looking for more losers. :D Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Wow, the irony!

Postby Alisha » July 19th, 2005, 7:00 am

You know, this is really ironic for me - this thread I mean, because before starting Medifast I was on another diet. You ate 4 times a day and the food ranged from fruit to veggies to low fat cottage cheese to chicken, etc. I remember telling my mom that I just didn't understand why I'm hungry all the time. I could eat a reasonably large fruit salad, but 10 minutes later I could hear my stomach making noises and I felt hungry!

Before I was on that diet, I'd eat huge quantities of food, the cravings usually fuelled by the fact that my stomach felt like it was churning inside out with hunger. In the mornings I'd wake up nauseous and it would take me about a half an hour to figure out if I was truly sick to my stomach or hungry. 99.9% of the time I was hungry!

Well, my mom and I deduced that my stomach was over producing acid! I contemplated buying Pepsid before I began Medifast, but the ironic thing is that since I've started Medifast, I don't need it!! I drink the 55 shakes all day (the ones I mix myself) and I haven't had one of those "attacks" since! I've never tried the ready to go type of shakes, so I don't know if those would increase my acid again or not, but I find that on the 55s, I'm good to go! Isn't that strange?

I just had to post because I couldn't believe the irony! I'm certainly not medically qualified, but I was wondering if it is actually the protein from the lean and green which may cause this and not the Medifast at all? I only wondered this because I was eating a LOT of chicken and turkey breast on that other diet and it drove my stomach even more haywire than it was but now I have NO symptoms at all.

Anyway, I think the Pepsid is a great idea. I imagine that after you take it for awhile, it may 'train' your stomach not to produce as much acid in the future?

Hang in there everyone! I'm with you 200%!

Alisha :rose:
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby mytime » July 19th, 2005, 8:54 am

Alisha - you know I am not sure but it seems like the Pepcid must train your stomach b/c Martha was telling me that in Success in a Jar (around pg 120) they say you will only need it for a couple of days - so I don't know if this is b/c your stomach shrinks or gets the hint or what ? Either way I am happy to report that for the most part it is behind me - and I am convinced it is the RTG I just think they are too tiny or something. I still use them like crazy, but try to get in the 55's when I have the chance - I bought some 70's yesterday and hope to try them soon. I will let everyone know if it helps. Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby Nancy » July 19th, 2005, 9:50 am

Drinking plenty of water also helps so the stomach acid is not as strong.

It takes a few weeks for our bod to become adjusted to the program - we are making some major changes here, Folks - eating smaller meals more frequently, increased water, less pop and caffeine, less food additives and preservatives, etc. As we detoxify from all the junkage we've been used to eating, our body systems will come along – we are providing it with good nutrition and it will respond in time.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby mytime » July 19th, 2005, 8:10 pm

Nancy - you are so right. After I went off of birth control to get pregnant with our son 5 years ago I developed horrible acne. I tried everything to cure it. Before I started MF I went to see the endochronologist and he gave me a prescription for diareutics - I filled it but never took one. While people might not have noticed my weight loss yet - I have had more compliments on my skin. Not sure if it is the soy protein or what, but what I do know is that it is one more reason why I LOVE MF. Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby Nancy » July 22nd, 2005, 12:43 am

MyTime ~

That's interesting - a lot of Medifasters have clearer complexions.

Isn't that so cool about our shakes? They allow us to dump a load of flabber, our skin looks brighter and clearer, we have renewed energy and our outlook on life is more positive. The only thing I can't figure out is why I still wear a size 11 shoe! Hmm...maybe if I rub a packet of Medifast 55 on my feet at bedtime each evening I can eventually shop for a smaller shoe size!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby mytime » July 22nd, 2005, 8:57 pm

Nancy - after two children and too many snacks I too am in size 11. I am just glad I found MF before I went to size 12. If the 55's work let me know and ah stay away from the bars :D I have heard this helps ;) Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Previous

Return to Weight Loss