Hulagirl

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » July 1st, 2008, 12:00 pm

Charity wrote:How great you are for staying upbeat when the scale doesn't move. I didn't cheat last week and the scale didn't move and I was soooooo blue!

Can you do cardio in your first 3 weeks? I want to but I don't want to go hypoglycemic like I did last time so, I wont.

We had a static week so oh boy oh boy, this week is going to be good!

Have a great 4th of July!

Thanks Charity! I just put it in my mind that the scale isn't moving because my body is adjusting and preparing for the next level of fat loss. At least that makes me feel a little less discouraged.

I do very very light cardio. Only 10-15 minutes of walking every other day, and really light strength training and abs on opposite days. Nothing that's gonna make my heart rate go up too high. I can tell if I've done too much if while I'm exercising, I feel like I'm "running out of gas", if I do, I'll add another shake for that day.

I gotta get new tires for my van this morning. It didn't pass the safety inspection :roll: So off to Sam's Club I go!

Have a great day!!!! :wavie:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » July 2nd, 2008, 12:10 pm

Wow, yesterday was a little difficult. My son and I went to see Kung Fu Panda while my tires were installed. I got him some popcorn, and the smell of it was sooooo tempting. I had one. :| It tasted sooooo good, especially because I've been craving salty things(TOM). But I busted out my bar, and I made it through the movie. It was really difficult to throw away the rest of the popcorn when the movie was done. I would have finished that baby off if I didn't keep my head on straight! :popcorn: That was a close one!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby rodeomom » July 2nd, 2008, 2:14 pm

Movie popcorn is such a horrible temptation! You did GOOD GIRL!!! I am so proud of you. I remember back in the winter you were struggling so much and I felt so bad for ya. Now look at you, chick! What a huge turn around. You are just rockin! :yeah:

Be proud of yourself for your terrific change in attitude and will to get to your goal!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » July 2nd, 2008, 3:11 pm

I take a bar for during the movie and cheddar soy crisps for the beginning (for some reason popcorn is always eaten at the beginning). Helps me make it through, especially given my past history with having popcorn and a candy bar during a movie.

Hope you hold fast and keep things going.

8)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » July 4th, 2008, 2:18 pm

rodeomom wrote:Movie popcorn is such a horrible temptation! You did GOOD GIRL!!! I am so proud of you. I remember back in the winter you were struggling so much and I felt so bad for ya. Now look at you, chick! What a huge turn around. You are just rockin! :yeah:

Be proud of yourself for your terrific change in attitude and will to get to your goal!

Thank you Rodeomom! Yes. I was struggling and losing the mental and emotional battle, and I was allowing it to let my eating get out of control. I was in a sad place. It's amazing how powerful the mind is. Just making a choice and deciding "enough is enough" can change everything. My world is a different place, at least inside my head, because I decided to change my thinking. Thank you for your encouragement! :hug:

Mike wrote:
I take a bar for during the movie and cheddar soy crisps for the beginning (for some reason popcorn is always eaten at the beginning). Helps me make it through, especially given my past history with having popcorn and a candy bar during a movie.

Hope you hold fast and keep things going.

Thanks Mike! I'm gonna order some chedder soy crisps. That sound like a great idea. Those will certainly replace the popcorn,and with a bar... that's a great movie combo! :clap:

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » July 7th, 2008, 11:54 am

No change on the scale this week. :roll: But my clothes are getting looser and I can see in the mirror that my profile is lookin much better, so I'll take that. But this week... that scale better be moving in the losing direction! :whip:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby rodeomom » July 7th, 2008, 12:24 pm

Just remember that muscle weighs more than fat. If your body shape is changing for the better, take the lean muscle and don't worry so much about the numbers on the scale.

Great job!!
rodeomom

Postby Diana » July 7th, 2008, 10:37 pm

((diana sneaks over to the islands, tinkers with Kanani's scale, and wades back to the mainland))

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby centuryclub » July 8th, 2008, 3:00 am

good luck getting that scale to move! and hey, as long as you're losing inches and feeling better you're winning the war
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRxkE4s/]
[/url]

"It's only work if somebody makes you do it." - Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Always run off the field - you never know who's watching.
centuryclub
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Sojourner » July 8th, 2008, 7:52 pm

hulagirlfromhawaii wrote:I got him some popcorn, and the smell of it was sooooo tempting. I had one. :|

One?
As in, ONE kernel of popcorn? :shock:
Duuuuuuuuude. That's incredible!
How strong are YOU? Very.

That deserves a little shake-shake of it's own.
Uuuuh. Take THAT, popcorn!

~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby rodeomom » July 9th, 2008, 5:47 am

So? Whats the verdict? Did Diana get that scale to cooperate with ya?

And Diana - Did you even stay to enjoy some of that lovely weather they are having there? And smoke free to boot. Next time give me a holla and I will join ya! ;)
rodeomom

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » July 12th, 2008, 12:38 pm

Thanks Century for the encouragement!

Di, Soho, Rodeo! You all are too funny!

Yes that darn scale! It did move.... verrrrry slowly! 1.5 lbs down. Wooow! :shock:

I knew this would happen, because I stalled at this weight for a long time, the first time on MF. So, I broke through the wall. :brickwall: Not easily though!

Sorry it took so long to post. This week..... Oldest son's 18th Birthday party (dodged the great food and b-day cake! :mrgreen: ) Mishaps with Hubby...(awwww, we'll get over it) Aunty's funeral ( 80 years old, one of my favorite Aunts... I miss her. :angel: ) Wow, and I made it through without falling off the wagon... It's a miracle.

You all are my angel's and cheerleaders! :hugblue: Thanks for cheering me on and making me laugh! We are all big losers, and I love it!

Have an awesome day!!!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby rodeomom » July 12th, 2008, 1:07 pm

WOW!!! You went through all of that with no cheats. You ARE serious about the program this time. What an inspriation you are. Sorry to hear about your aunt - losing someone so special to us can be very painful!

Ya know all that stress has got to be making your body uncomfortable about losing right now. Once things settle down for ya, I am sure that stubborn ol scale will get its act together!
rodeomom

Postby dede4wd » July 12th, 2008, 2:55 pm

Hiya,
Just catching up...you're doing SO awesome! popcorn, birthday cake...pshaw! You're getting closer to goal! Keep it up girl, you're my HERO!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » July 13th, 2008, 12:31 pm

rodeomom wrote:WOW!!! You went through all of that with no cheats. You ARE serious about the program this time. What an inspriation you are. Sorry to hear about your aunt - losing someone so special to us can be very painful!

Ya know all that stress has got to be making your body uncomfortable about losing right now. Once things settle down for ya, I am sure that stubborn ol scale will get its act together!

dedefwd wrote:

Hiya,
Just catching up...you're doing SO awesome! popcorn, birthday cake...pshaw! You're getting closer to goal! Keep it up girl, you're my HERO!

D

Thanks Rodeo and Dede! Yeah, I'm surprising myself right now. I am an emotional eater and usually I would be stuffing myself silly with whatever food is in sight. But I have this picture of myself when I was near my goal weight. It reminds me that I've done this once before and it is possible to be there again. But it won't happen if I sabbotage(sp?) my efforts with senseless eating. I keep remembering how it felt to be at goal weight and how wonderful it felt. So I'm gonna get myself to that place again, and stay there this time!

You are my heroes! Couldn't be doing this without you! :stroll:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal