how often are guidelines updated?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

how often are guidelines updated?

Postby Allie » August 19th, 2006, 3:46 pm

I was wondering how often they add/remove things from the approved list of things to eat?

when they do that, is there some kind of notice that goes out or comes with your order?
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby JKSRN » August 19th, 2006, 4:15 pm

Not sure, Allie, but maybe one of the long time health advisors---notice I did not say, 'older', could jump in here and answer your question!

It would be nice if they zapped up or offered different food selections every so often, for sure!
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Jan » August 19th, 2006, 8:59 pm

Hmmmm things do change I remember that when I first started carrots were on the list. So... one day I answered a post and had the client add carrots. Well... I got lots of responses and finally one from Unca who told me to go to my room and write "I will not eat carrots" 100 times :mrgreen: We haven't had much change lately but we notice when there is a new "Quick Start Booklet" published. Nancy generally catches these things.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » August 19th, 2006, 11:22 pm

Hi, Allie ~

Actually, there have been very few changes to the program because the studies show it results in rapid and safe weight loss. Our program is designed with specific ratios of the macronutrients so maximum fat is burned and muscle tissue is spared.

The original program was a very low calorie diet (VLCD) used only under the close supervision of doctors. Approximately four years ago, when I began the program there was a slight modification that increased the caloric levels from a VLCD to a low calorie meal plan with the addition of the lean and green meal. It reduces weight rapidly and easily fits in with lifestyle of the average person.

When eaten in the prescribed proportions, safe results are obtained. There was a slight change in the protein serving size a about a year and a half ago - the serving size for females was increased to match that for males since many women lead active lives. Like most companies, the program books and publications are updated about once a year. I love the fresh look of the new logo and the photographs in the Quick Start Book that came out last month.

If there are changes, we will certainly make an announcement - we like to keep our readers up to date on everything. There will most likely be some new product announcements within the year.

The company recently updated the catalog. We try to send out little booklets now and then or flyers to let our clients know about the new releases. If you need a new program booklet, you can email me for a PDF file or you may order one from the company.

Jan, I am thankful that your scolding is over and you can come out of your room now. That was rough for you to write that 100-sentence penance with a feather quill dipped in carrot juice. Carrots have a tad bit more sugar than what we recommend for folks on the weight loss phase so we’ll have to pass the carrots for a while or feed them to little bunny foo-foo!

(Joan, I thank you so much for NOT using that adjective that begins with the letter ‘o’ to describe some of us here at MakeMeThinner. I prefer to think of myself as ‘experienced’ in life; certainly not as an ‘older’ being…I just got home from my 40th High School reunion. Shazaam! I look purdy good! ;) I can tell ya this; I am so glad that I got myself healthier. A mature woman asked my husband Terry to dance and an elderly guy from my graduating class of 1966 asked me to dance. I graciously stood and swayed with Dan for a minute or two while the DJ played a Ventures tune.

Terry accompanied me as I sashayed about looking thinny and tried to :scratchhead: figure out who all the ‘experienced’ people in the room used to be! I love my husband! He endured several grueling hours talking to people that we most likely will never see again; that is, unless we wear our :glasses: trifocals at my 45th high school reunion. :lol:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.