Dayna - updated again

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Dayna - updated again

Postby Dayna » January 30th, 2006, 10:34 pm

****SCROLL DOWN FOR UPDATED PICTURE****
****UPDATED PICTURE 6/9 ON PAGE THREE****

Oh, all right, fine, everyone else is doing it, I guess I will too. However, I will not subject you to the official "before" picture, which is taken in my work-out clothes (you'll get to see that one when I have a nice "after" picture to post with it :mrgreen: ). Last August, my big sister and I took a trip (just the two of us, no husbands!) to Las Vegas for a week, to celebrate my 30th birthday. It was the best time ever. We'd never done a sisters trip, and I hope it won't be the last. Anyhow, this was at my heaviest, roughly 275 (give or take a buffet).

Outside the Luxor buffet:

With Penn and Teller, after their show (fabulous show, by the by):

And, finally, with a Blue Man, following the Blue Man Group show (also fabulous):

So, there you are. Had to post three, because how often do you get to have your picture taken with Penn and Teller, a Blue Man, and a partially buried Egyptian head thingy? I just had to share the joy! :D

- Dayna[color=brown][/color
Last edited by Dayna on June 9th, 2006, 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » January 30th, 2006, 10:52 pm

Hi, Dayna ~

You look like you were having the time of your life! I know exactly where you sat with the Egyptian Head Dudethingy 'cuz I did it, too!

Well, you are truly some kinda celeb if Penn and Teller and the Blue Man were clamoring to pose with you!

I am really excited for you because you have already tasted Medifast success! You may have enjoyed the buffets in LV last summer but this summer when you cross over to one and thirty you will also be crossing another milestone, your goal! Come on, let's get healthy together!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby falisamarie » January 31st, 2006, 7:18 am

Dayna

Absolutely beautiful pics!! You look like you were having a really good time and I am gald you got to spend that quality time with your sis too. I have two wonderful sisters and I wish I had more time with them.....maybe when I reach goal me and my sisters will go on a trip to celebrate!!!

Keep shakin

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby stelar » January 31st, 2006, 7:29 am

:D OH DAYNA! After sharing a few pm's, not to be confused with pms :dohdoh: , I'm so glad I get to put a face to your writings! What an awesome vacation that seems to have been. You look so happy :star: You are a very pretty lady :rose: I'm looking forward to seeing your after pics ... you're gonna be AMAZING!

Your MF Friend,
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Dayna » March 2nd, 2006, 11:56 pm

I took a picture tonight to send to my sister, and thought I may as well share it with all of you, as well. It's a bit of an improvement over the image from 6 months ago, I think! I weighed in this morning somewhere around 232, so that's 40+ lbs lighter than I was in August, and 27-ish lbs lighter than when I started Medifasting. In August I was wearing mostly 28s, these jeans are 22s. My hair is pulled back in a bun, in case anyone was wondering where it went.

Happy shaking to all!

- Dayna

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby Nancy » March 3rd, 2006, 12:41 am

Dayna ~

Oh! I :heart: love, :heart: love, :heart: love it!

:bounce: Wow - there is a significant difference!

And boy howdy! I thought you did cut your hair so thanks for explaining where it went!

This is just so neat for me to watch you thin away - I started out about where you did. You've had a great start and it is so cool to watch your progress. You are committed to be sure!

I hope we can meet in The Thin one of these days...I think we are about a 2 packet :drive: auto journey away from you.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby MusicalMomma » March 3rd, 2006, 5:39 am

WOW O WOW DAYNA!!!!! What a difference!!!! You look FAH-BU-LUSS DAHLING!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby ktrout » March 3rd, 2006, 6:10 am

Isn't it great to see real progress ?

Way to go !!!
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Nicki » March 3rd, 2006, 7:37 am

Wow .... what a difference between those pics!!! Thanks so much for inspiring us!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby stelar » March 3rd, 2006, 7:43 am

:clap: You are my hero :bow: You look so good! Man, you must feel AMAZING! And, I noticed your sister has decided to join us too! :whoohoo:
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » March 3rd, 2006, 10:23 am

Dayna ~

I see trophies in the background of your picture...soon you'll get one for reaching your goal! :trophy:

I also see that wood stove (ahhh...nice!) AND the cool piano and oval pictures with the domed glass tops - pictures of grandparents or great grands? I love the good old Olden Days!

Happy day! :sheepjump:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Dayna » March 3rd, 2006, 10:42 am

:D Those trophies are from high school, back when I was a drum major for our marching band. My husband thought it would be cool to have them on display, and, after my initial "let's just throw them in a box," I think it's cool, too. Ah, the memories . . . getting up at 4:30 AM on a Saturday to sit in a bus for 2 hours and then march down the street in weather that's either too cold or too hot . . . truly, those were some of my favorite school moments. But then I am a certified band geek, so what can I say?

That piano is my baby - it was our first major purchase as a married couple. My sister had very generously given me her piano, but upon moving it from California to Oregon, we discovered that it was impossible to tune. The whole thing was almost a minor third flat, which is HUGE. So, my hubby took me to a local man who tunes and refurbishes pianos out of his home (labors of love, really), and then sells them for ridiculously low prices. We got this beautiful 1910ish Baldwin upright, with a completely rebuilt action. The harp is solid brass. The whole thing is built like a tank. It has full-length strings for the bass notes, which is not always common in an upright, so it has a beautiful full, rich sound all the way down. It's an upright that can handle Rachmaninoff!

Heh. Some people brag about their kids, I brag about my piano. :mrgreen:

Last but not least, those pictures are of hubby's great-grandfather and his brother. We think. We found them sitting in the family storage area, and thought they needed to be on a wall. And now they are!

- Dayna

PS I must add that the ugly poofy window things are NOT my choice. They came with the house, and they match the wallpaper in the other part of the room that you can't see (wallpaper that looks like a flower puked on it). Those are going to have to be replaced. SOON.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby Crystal » March 3rd, 2006, 10:54 am

Dayna~

I know how you feel about your piano. I had to get rid of my piano to make room for our homeschool. My husband has told me that when we add on this summer, I will be getting another. I really miss playing whenever I want to. :( I have to go to my sister's whenever I want to play. Soon, though... :thumbup:

Your picutre is great! It still amazes me to see people just shrink like that. :shock: I know that that represents many good choices. Keep up the good work! :cleader:
Crystal
Crystal
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » March 3rd, 2006, 10:55 am

Well, you've got cool things inyour house and great reasons for having them.

Now that you are Medifasting, you're energy level may just find you getting up at 4:30 AM on Saturdays just to march around the house!

You'll be playing the prelude to Opus 3 and bringing honor and joy to Rachmaninoff for the whole neighborhood!

Glad to have you on board, Dayna!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby 2BHealthy » March 3rd, 2006, 12:29 pm

Dayna,

There is a huge difference, you look terrific!!
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to Studio