Hopebaby

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby BabyTrace » October 19th, 2007, 11:50 am

Hi Linda

Last year I had pain similar to what you have described. Some nights it felt like what I would imagine a heart attack feels like. All of my family diagnosed it as my gall bladder. (no, none of them are nurses, much less doctors :)) Anyway, I did see my doctor and he suggested we try Prilosec before I went through all the tests. Sure enough Prilosec did the trick. I hope you have the same luck.

Take care this weekend. Sounds like you really deserve the rest!

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Hopebaby » October 20th, 2007, 4:08 am

Hi Tracy - thanks for telling me your story. It helps to know that you had something similar and the Prilosec worked for you. Although I did have an episode last night it was not as severe and I only had one so that is an improvement right there.

I will be going to a resort area with my daughter today for a day of shopping fun! I am wearing a size medium top I bought last time I lost weight and only got to wear once at that time. It fits great now. I am also wearing size 12 jeans and they are very comfy. What a great diet this is!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby BabyTrace » October 23rd, 2007, 7:18 am

Hi Linda :wave:

Just checking in to see how you are doing. I hope the Prilosec is working for you!

Tracy

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace

Postby katesmom » October 23rd, 2007, 12:16 pm

Hi Linda,
Just playing catch up here and am so sorry to hear about your pain...Sure hope that the Prilosec is the answer and that you can feel better soon !

:hug:
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mickeyz » October 25th, 2007, 4:15 pm

Hi Linda,

I hope you are doing better, I just wanted to check in on you.

With the amount of stress you are under it is no wonder you are facing some health issues. Stress is so hard on our bodies and manifests in many physical forms. (Been there, done that!) Maybe you could try some stress reducing activities like yoga or meditation (since dumping your job probably isn't a real option!) Both meditation and yoga worked wonders for me at the height of stress a few years ago. I had a DVD of simple stretching and meditation that was so simple and relaxing. I also used a very peaceful CD to go to sleep by at night.

Hope you are feeling better and we hear from you soon.

Mickey
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Hopebaby » October 27th, 2007, 8:53 am

Good morning Biki, Tracy, Pam and Mickey and thanks for checking up on me. It has been pretty rough but I think/hope I am over the worst part. I have 5 more days of Prilosec and 1 more day of pennicillin. I will be really glad when all this is over. My sinuses are still not perfect so I don't know if the infection is completely gone. If not I will have to go see an ENT and see what they can do for me that pennicillin and decongestants haven't. The prilosec seems like it might be working. I have been positive it was working several times and then had a setback so I am not completely sure at this point. I can report that the abdominal pain has been reduced if not completely eliminated though.

I feel like a failure in the diet area right now. I reverted to some old behavior and had dark chocolate as a sedative 3 evenings in a row. I had already been eating more (doctor's orders) so chocolate on top was pretty wrong-headed of me. He wanted me to have more calories for a few days. I don't think he meant chocolate. Besides the chocolate I didn't really do that badly - 2 l&g meals daily instead of 1. That lasted about 5 days and then I got back on plan. During all that I only gained 2 pounds and it is gone now plus a little more. The reason I am disappointed in myself is seeking comfort from chocolate. That's part of how I got so fat to begin with.

Oh well, I recognize the behavior and did stop it quickly so I guess I am learning but I just didn't want to have a setback.

I've been really busy in my worklife and homelife lately too so I just couldn't find the time or energy to get here and post. I haven't even lurked and read for over a week. I'm off to try and catch up now.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby bikipatra » October 27th, 2007, 2:18 pm

Glad you're back! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Hopebaby » October 28th, 2007, 6:44 am

Thanks Biki! I took the last penicillin pill this morning and I'm not sure my sinus infection is gone so guess I need to dig through the closet and find the neti pot. I should have started using it when I first realized I had a sinus infection but it was not handy and I hate digging through closets.

And speaking of closets, I went back into mine last night to see what all the pants were stacked in the top. Well it turned out most were shorts that I was too fat to wear this summer but there were a few pairs of slacks too. Two were way too big and they went into the Salvation Army or Goodwill box. Three were way too small - size 10 so they went back up to the top of the closet. Today I am going to have to pull all the winter clothes out of the trunk and put the summer clothes in. All my sweaters are in that trunk and it is getting cold here. I keep jackets hanging in a spare bedroom closet so I have been wearing them but I like sweaters better with jeans.

Off to start the clothing project! I hope I find some surprises. I did dig out my sweats last weekend and they are all huge on me. No one sees them but me so until they fall off my hips I will wear them anyway. :D

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby aquarianskye » October 28th, 2007, 7:45 am

Hey lady! I'm sorry to hear about the chocolate issues. Glad to see you've caught it tho. And all of the other health stuff you have going on now.

I too have had a hard time keeping up on the boards lately. Great job on the loss this week too. I'm still cheering for you even if I'm not stopping by every day to post it! I always catch up on your journal when I'm stopping by the board.

Keep up that great work!
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Tawanda » October 28th, 2007, 8:37 am

Glad you are feeling better!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby Hopebaby » October 28th, 2007, 3:51 pm

Thanks for stopping by Skye and Tawanda. I am feeling better. I feel more like myself. I hated being sick and I always seem to feel sorry for myself when I am sick which leads to emotional eating... All better now though!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Hopebaby » October 28th, 2007, 3:55 pm

Well it took me most of the day but the clothing swap is done and everything is laundered and hanging in the closet now so I have clothes to wear again. My closets are stuffed though! I was afraid I would not have anything to wear this winter but I forgot about the 3 jackets I bought on sale at the end of the winter season last year and even though some of my other jackets will be too big I had a lot of 12s I couldn't wear last year that I can wear this year! Yay! I have some 10s too but I can't get them buttoned yet. Soon...

Linda
p.s. I measured today and my waist is now 7 inches smaller than it was on August 10! Everything else has gone down too but that is just the most dramatic and noticeable.
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby BabyTrace » October 28th, 2007, 8:21 pm

Hi Linda :wave:

So happy to hear you are feeling better. Don't beat yourself up too much over the chocolate. As you said, you recognized the behavior and cut it out. You are definitely not a failure, just look at that ticker! You'll be in the 30 lbs club before you know it!

Congrats on the great clothes you found in your closet. That's beats even the greatest sale!!

Have a great week. Missed you last week!

BabyTrace

Postby Hopebaby » November 4th, 2007, 9:08 am

This was a really tough week. The job stress is rising with people leaving, meetings, reorganizing, reassigning, and on and on. Now my sister is very ill and hospitalized since last Monday. I may be away from the boards again this week but I am on plan and will back when things settle down.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Mickeyz » November 4th, 2007, 11:06 am

Hi Linda,

I am just stopping by to sya HI and let you know I am thinking about you. :heart: You are doing really well, especially considering everything that is going on in your life.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal