Hopebaby

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby rodeomom » October 17th, 2007, 6:01 am

I had gall bladder problems a while back. Mine was full of stones and basically rotting so it was removed. Very quick and easy process for me. Are you getting the right amount of fat with your plan. The nurses call had a good discussion on this a couple weeks back I will PM you the notes.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mickeyz » October 17th, 2007, 6:18 am

I was just stopping by to see how you're doing and I saw your question about gallbladder. I haven't had that problem myslf, but I have a friend that was on a different liquid plan, supervised by her Dr, and she had a bad attack. Her Dr said it was not at all uncommon in his patients on rapid weight loss. I can't remember exactly what they did (not surgery) but she doesn't have problems any longer. It can be serious, so you should not delay in getting it checked out. Watch out though, you know how doctors love to slice 'n dice. I had a Dr at the emegerncy room want to take my gallbladder out a few years ago and I think all that was wrong with me was an anxiety attack from stress.

Make sure you are getting plenty of fats in your plan. Don't be shy about the extra calories. I take flaxseed oil everyday and also Omega 3. It is good for your skin and hair too!

I understand you can actually speak with the nurse at Medifast. I am not sure about this but I know you can email. Maybe you should call them and see what they say. Look on the website and see if there is a thread on the forum. Are you a member of MyMedifast?

Sorry to hear about your tooth.

Take care of yourself and try to keep up your great outlook, I know it is hard when you feel poorly.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DonnaS » October 17th, 2007, 6:24 am

Hope, Sorry your feeling bad. Mickey had a good suggestion about calling the nurse at Medifast. I had symptoms a few years ago that mimmicked gallbladder problems. Pain between the shoulder blades, upper back, and stomach anytime I ate something but the dr. never found gallstones (had an ultrasound). It eventually went away. Keep us posted and I hope you feel better soon.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Tawanda » October 17th, 2007, 6:49 am

:hug:
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby Hopebaby » October 17th, 2007, 6:50 am

Thanks for the notes Rodeomom. I will keep them but I am getting plenty of fat. I normally have beef for my L&G meal and when I have chicken I use low-carb salad dressing. I never eat fish or the other ultra-lean choices.

Mickey - I believe it is gallbladder but I guess I will find out. I am having trouble getting in to a gastro today but there is still a chance with one. They will call me back later. I went ahead and took an appointment with another one for tomorrow in case today falls through. My dentist is a peach and told me to come right in this afternoon.

Wow - the nurse just called me back and I can see the gastro at 2:00 this afternoon! I guess she thought my symptoms warranted moving things around. Now I have to call my dentist again because that is when I was supposed to see him.

Donna - thanks for the support. I hope my pain is temporary and not gallbladder at all either! I would be happy if it went away today, right now!

Off to call my dentist again.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 17th, 2007, 7:25 am

Your welcome for the notes. I thought just maybe there might be something in there that would help.

Have you tried an antacid? If it is gall bladder it will not help, but the docs had me try some to eliminate the easier, less serious stuff before heading for the big guns.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Hopebaby » October 17th, 2007, 1:09 pm

I'm back from the gastro-doc. He said he would be very surprised if it is NOT my gallbladder. I have nearly all the risk factors and my symptoms fit. He did a clinical exam too and that was also indicative so tomorrow I will have a fasting ultrasound to be sure and he said he would get the results asap and call me about what's next.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby bikipatra » October 17th, 2007, 1:11 pm

I am glad they seem to treating this urgently. Good luck!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby BabyTrace » October 17th, 2007, 4:44 pm

Hi Linda! I'm finally taking some time to catch up and just wanted to say WOW! You are kicking butt on Medifast!! I'm so happy to read about the success you are having on plan. You are going to be in the 30 lbs club before you know it!

Sorry to hear about your possible gallbladder issues. Hopefully the doc can get you accurately diagnosed and on the road to recovery soon.

Take care!

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » October 18th, 2007, 3:37 am

I hope your visit to the doctor goes okay today!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Hopebaby » October 19th, 2007, 4:23 am

No word yet on my ultrasound results. The tech did the whole abdomen. Ye gads the liver is an ugly organ! LOL. I handled the gallbladder and the pancreas okay but my liver is ugly and scary looking. I had never seen any of these organs in an U/S before.

The tech told me to take the CD which had all the pics she took but I told her I didn't have an appointment, my doc said he would call me. She said, he must be expecting to see you soon because he wanted you to take the CD with you.????? I thought I would get a call yesterday but for all I know it may have been his surgery day. He only sees patients on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so he must be busy doing something the other days.

I have chatted with 3 people now, including my wonderful neighbor, who have had gallbladder disease and surgery. They all had intermittent attacks and said they can't imagine having had them every night and twice a night. I am wondering if I have an infection or something... Guess I have to wait and see.

My dentist appointment went as well as it could. The tooth looks okay in the x-ray even though it was ultra-sensitive when he tested it. He showed me in the x-ray that my sinuses are a mess though and since sometimes a toothache is my first symptom of sinus infection he put me on antibiotics so I didn't have to try to get into yet another doctor yesterday. He told me to come back if I still have pain after taking the full course of antibiotics. He said the sores (there were 2 by the time I got there) were because I have infection and because I have lupus. I've been there before and he knows what he is talking about. He has RA and is very well informed about immune system disease. He seared the sores so they would heal faster so my mouth at least is on the mend and hopefully my sinuses are too.

I am sooo tired. These attacks are really messing with my sleep and since I work I can't make up for it later. I fell asleep for about 30 minutes in my recliner right after dinner last night but still went to bed early. I was up at 2:00 and at 4:30 with the abdominal pain attacks so after writhing for 30 minutes I got up at 5:00. I haven't had more than 4-5 hours of sleep for a week.

My weight loss is messed up by all this too. I had to fast for my 11:00 test yesterday and had a sandwich afterwards. He told me he wanted me to eat more calories and I am really torn. I went right back to my shakes afterwards and had my regular L&G for dinner. I decided to wait until I have a diagnosis before deciding what to do. The good news is I have only regained 1 pound. I just need to make sure it doesn't go any further. I am back on plan today and will be until he gives me a very good reason not to be.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby bikipatra » October 19th, 2007, 4:32 am

I am sorry you are dealing with so much on the health front. Don't worry about the sandwich. When I had my brain MRI the doctor told me to get the CD too but when I went to his office he could access all the scan info on his computer. So, who knows...
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DonnaS » October 19th, 2007, 7:17 am

I hope you can get back into the dr. soon Linda so you can get some kind of relief from the pain. Keep us posted.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Tawanda » October 19th, 2007, 10:30 am

Linda, hope you feel better soon.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby Hopebaby » October 19th, 2007, 11:30 am

Got a call just before lunch. He was shocked to tell me my gall bladder is okay, looks fine. For the weekend he told me to take prilosec and if I still have pain by Monday to call him. Then he said he was going to followup with me so who knows. This is the strangest thing. I asked him if ulcers or erosion could show up so suddenly and he said not usually. He said if the prilosec makes no difference it would require more testing but he needs me to try that first. I don't know what to think but I went and got the prilosec. I have taken it before for acid reflux and it worked. I can do 14 days of it and see if it helps. If it does, it didn't cost me that much.

I am under horrible stress these days, I already have infection which increases my inflammation and with lupus my body treats every little slight as a major illness so maybe that's all it is. I came home for lunch because I felt funny and sure 'nuff my temp is up so I am staying home and snuggling up with a book and a blankie. I guess I will skip the tea though since it increases my inflammation. I have to get my temp down or I have to go to the hospital since it can really get out of hand if I don't catch it early. TTYL

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal