Hey Ya'll!! Long Time, No Chat!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hey Ya'll!! Long Time, No Chat!!

Postby supermom » July 16th, 2008, 8:41 pm

Hey everyone! How are ya'll?! I am GREAT!! My new job (well, not so new anymore, but new last time I was around this place), is going very well. My family is all doing great, and I am just happy to be alive.

It has been nice to read some posts from all of you that I "knew" a while ago, and all of you new folks, keep up the good work!

The hospital I work at has a really great support system for those of us who are trying to lose weight. I cannot believe all they do for us. They have put in a gym, a sauna, we get massages, we have a personal trainer, the cafeteria fixes up food that is nutritous, not just quick and easy. It really is nice. I tried a while back to get back on Medifast, as I love the program and I know how well it works. But, I just can't seem to get it down. I work at night, 7pm until 7am. As a nurse, you take time out to eat when it is convenient. I found myself having 2 supplements at a time. Or, gulping them down in less than 5 minutes. Then, after I had worked my 3 days on, I had a day of 'transition' that I just couldn't quite figure out. I would go home and nap for about 3 hours, but then after I got up and showered, etc. it was time to start picking up kids, getting dinner ready, family time, bed time. That was tough for me. Then, 2 days to be able to be compliant, then back at work again. And, although I work 7 til 7, I arrive at work at 630 to have some me time and get ready for my shift, and then in the morning when 7 rolls around, by the time I finish giving report to the incoming shift, saying bye to my patients and then driving all the way home, it is 9 or 930 by the time I get home. Sure, I could have a shake on the way home, but for me, no matter what it is, if I eat or drink anything other than water withing 3 or 4 hours of bedtime, I have really bad heartburn. Always have, even when I was thin. So, any of you night shifters out there with suggestions, send them my way.

BLAH BLAH BLAH, and now I am 172 pounds. I look better than I have in a long time. I went to Old Navy today and I bought a pair of shorts, low rise, short shorts, size 12. Yep, I no longer have to go upstairs to shop. Feels great!

This momentum stuff, tell me more! How does it taste? Whether I could use the Medifast as my main source of nourishment or not, I could certainly see where the momentum might help me.

Thanks again, Diana, for your message the other day. It was so weird. I had been browsing the board and then poof!! A PM. Made me feel so loved :lol:

I got a message a while back from Alpha Femme too. I guess not everyone has forgotten me.

See ya'll later, you bunch of LOSERS!!!
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » July 16th, 2008, 8:47 pm

(after falling out of my chair)... how the heck are ya girlie?

Yeah, its tough to have such a whacky schedule and do this... just takes more preplanning... and maybe some RTD's and bars would be easier.

The momentum meals don't taste any different than the regular (chai, capp and banana shake), but the infusers are great. The new antioxidant shakes rock (great smoothies), and the infusers on that line are great as well.

Good to see ya... and now I will send Di back to respond as well.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby supermom » July 16th, 2008, 9:02 pm

Yes, I remember the RTD and the bars. Never really cared for either of them. The RTD's just kind of taste "funky" to me. And the bars, too chewey. I know, I am pickey! Oh well, that is part of my charm! I prefer my shakes blended with ice, not just shaken. I tried making them ahead, and they tasted fine, just no time really to stop and have them. I just always felt bloated from inhaling everything so fast. And then, inhaling a cup of soup followed by a serving of pudding in 3 or 4 bites just doesn't feel good. That is why I was thinking maybe the momentum stuff added to what I am currently doing, which is nothing more than being very cautious of what I eat and drink, might be helpful!
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Diana » July 16th, 2008, 10:45 pm

Of COURSE we haven't forgotten you!! Great to see your post here!

Dayna says hello, too.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 17th, 2008, 1:12 am

Hi Laurie!

GREAT to hear from you! Glad you're doing well.

I personally only use the Momentum flavor infusers in my water, so I can't be much help to you, but just wanted to say HI!
dede4wd

Postby DogMa » July 17th, 2008, 7:14 am

You definitely haven't been forgotten!! Glad to hear you're doing well. I can't answer any of the questions, either, but it does seem like if you're doing well on your own, you might as well just continue what you're doing.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi All - starter on Medifast

Postby ladyluck » July 17th, 2008, 8:20 am

Hi All,
Its good to find a support group online. I had previously been on medifast like back in 2005 and I did loose around 40 lbs in like 6 months, thats because I wasnt constant with the plan it was on and off, later I gained all of it back and now iam 200lbs. I started the 5+1 plan on July 10th. This is time making sure I follow it strictly. I wanted to join a gym and have a perosnal trainer and I even went to sign up for one, but I got a very bad response from the trainers in goldgym, they just did not bother to come up to me and help me out, they started throwing me all around bouncing from 1 trainer to another, again demotivated ! thus I started medifast again and quit the gym membership. I am really happy to find all you guys here. My plan is to come down to 120-130 and then join a gym. Its really amazing or may be my scale is acting weird, because I started on medifast like 5-6 days back and when I jumped on the scale today it 1st showed me 6 lbs lighter. This is strange and funny - when I stand on the scale facing down it shows me 6lbs lighter and when I face looking front (as if you are facing some body) and peeping at the scale it shows me 10lbs lighter - ANY SUGGESTIONS GUYS ??????? :)
ladyluck

Postby Mike » July 17th, 2008, 4:55 pm

Welcome aboard Ladyluck

Interesting.. I would calibrate it to see if its whacko... place something on it that you know the weight of and check it a few times. If its consistent, then you are good. Just make sure you remain balanced when weighing at that point.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

hi mike

Postby lady » July 18th, 2008, 11:32 am

Hi Mike,

I had registered online, but I still havent received my confirmation yet, via email, I am therefore not able to add more on the forum with my id:ladyluck, bec its says the username is already been taken, YES it is taken by me only, but I have received any confirmation via email to confirm my username by the moderator, can you help ?

thanks.

quote="Mike"]Welcome aboard Ladyluck

Interesting.. I would calibrate it to see if its whacko... place something on it that you know the weight of and check it a few times. If its consistent, then you are good. Just make sure you remain balanced when weighing at that point.

:mrgreen:[/quote]
lady

Postby Mike » July 18th, 2008, 11:39 am

Gotcha fixed... ladyluck is now active.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Hey Mike

Postby ladyluck » July 24th, 2008, 8:05 am

hey Mike,

thanks so much !! 8)
ladyluck

Return to Come on in.