Hello I'm Sarah 25 years old from Indiana

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello I'm Sarah 25 years old from Indiana

Postby sarah » July 6th, 2005, 5:01 pm

Hi there :wave:

I have just ordered some Medifast from Ebay. I am happily married to a loving husband that doesnt want me to lose any weight because he loves me the way I am - and I am a new mommy. We had a son born at 33.6 weeks (preemie). He is the joy of our lives. :heart: I am an at home mom and I wouldnt have it any other way.

I have tried SO MANY diets. Atkins, South Beach, Cabbage Soup, Weight Watchers at least 4 times, Slim Fast, counting calories, many pills ect ect------ I usually last a couple weeks or so and cave in. I am a scale addict too. I have been lurking on this forum for about a week and have as usual become inspired and want to give it a try. Its gonna take lots and lots of WILLPOWER. My weekend are gonna be what is hard because we are rarely home and always are eating out.

I plan on doing the 5-1 plan. During the weekdays when I am home all day with our son it should be hard really (i hope).

I am 5'5 and wear about a size 14 maybe 16 (i never wear dresses so not 100% sure)

I am not sure how much weight I want lose total. I am here looking for support and hoping I am in some way inspire someone and help give them encouragement as many of everyones emails on here have already.

Quick Q's

I know you need 5 Medifast meals a day. How many shakes, chili, FAST soups, chicken noodle soup, puddings, bars are allowed of each per day?

Are the Appetite Suppressant shakes really better at controlling hunger more than regular shakes?

I am so sure I will have more Q's
Thank you for your time. I will start as soon as I recieve my food in the mail. :)

Sarah :puter:
sarah

Postby sarah » July 6th, 2005, 6:02 pm

Click the Link below to see picture of me, my son and husband :D :D :D

<snip>No links please - Mr. Snippy</snip>

darn- i cant post the link..BUT

CLICK THE WWW BUTTON ON THE BOTTOM OF MY POST
sarah

Postby martha » July 6th, 2005, 6:56 pm

Hi Sarah---

Welcome to out forum.. you can have all 5 of your supplements anyway you want except only 1 bar per day.. that means if you want 5 soups,or 5 shakes, or 1 bar and 4 soups..as long as you only have 1 bar per day.. there are free things like 2 dill pickles,3 stalks of celery,bouillon soup,5 diet candies allowed per day too..MF fast soups -2 a day,MF crackers-1 pack per day..DUH just went brain dead :mrgreen: can't remember the rest but someone else will be on soon and feel you in.. I have never used the appetite suppression shakes myself but have heard they are good..I hope this helps you some..oh fast soups do not count as one of your meals.. I ordered my products from ebay when I first started ..Good luck and welcome aboard.. the people on this forum are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby martha » July 6th, 2005, 7:04 pm

Sarah--

Your family is so nice looking and your baby is CUTE!!!!!!! :mrgreen: just checked out the pics.. hope to see more posts soon..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sablebaby » July 6th, 2005, 7:06 pm

Welcome Sarah!

You have made the right decision to join us in losing our weight with MF! I think you will see a difference with this plan compared to the ones that you listed. I have tried them all too. I've had big successes with some. But I like the QUICK results with MF the best. :clap:

You will lose fast and be at goal quickly! Isn't that just the greatest news?!? You asked what meals you can have. Well, you can have any combo for the 5 supplements, except you can only have ONE bar per day. So, you can have soup all day or shakes all day. Or any soup, oatmeal, shake, chili, pudding, etc...the list goes on. :yay:

If you stick with the plan exactly as it is prescribed your hunger will vanish. It's as easy as that. And don't forget the free foods that you can have. I like sugar free bread and butter pickles. But you can have 2 pickle (dill), 2 sugar free jello, 2 cups of buillion or MF fastsoups (not the meal replacement MF soup), hmm, what else? Oh, the MF crackers- one pack per day. It's these little things that can help out in a big way! Drink some buillion when you feel worn down!!! It will perk up right back up quickly! :bounce:

I have the appetite suppressent shakes and I can never tell if they make a difference, maybe a little bit. Post often when you get started it helps to no end. The support here I think was the thing that push me through the hard times. :hug:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby mytime » July 6th, 2005, 7:33 pm

Sarah - WELCOME - this site is the best second only to MF :D No lie the first couple of days can be tough - but it is totally doable - promise. I had to post and read to the exclusion of everything. It helps. Don't forget the freebees - Fast Soup helped me a lot the first couple of days as I was drinking 3 or 4 diet sodas before MF and my body missed all of the sodium. I look forward to reading your posts and congratulations on your first baby ! YOU CAN DO THIS -Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Guest » July 6th, 2005, 7:39 pm

thanks so much for your encouraging words

there are my before pics in the studio

i am gonna buy some fast soups, i dont have any yet

sarah :puter:

Postby MomsTherapy » July 7th, 2005, 7:02 am

You will do great! Just keep telling yourself when you want to quit why you started in the first place. When out with hubby if I want some fast food and the family is all digging in, I will stop before I go inside and pull my shirt up some to see my belly. I know....sounds weird right! But it works for me. I see right before I go inside what I am trying so hard to get rid of and if that doesn't scare me out of a cheeseburger I don't know what will!!! :lol:

We are about the same age too. I'm 27... at least I think. :shock: I have three kids. Your little baby is so adorable!!! I just started a week ago. My first weigh day is tomorrow. So hang in there with me!

As far as setting a weight loss goal. Just set a reasonable first goal and go from there. Once you reach that goal if you are not happy with your size, just set another!

In the aspiring words of Duce Bigalo...."YOU CAN DO IT" ;)
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby Terri » July 7th, 2005, 8:14 am

Hi Sarah
Welcome the the wonderful world of Medifast -
Did that come with complete instructions and a support health advisor? - Not only are the products one of the keys to success - having a cheerleader Health Advisor is the 2nd key.
Also check the expiration date.
This forum can give you great tips to success!!! :lol:
Terri Miller

Congrats for making a decision to become healthier!!! ;)
Wow this is such a great program
- David and Terri Miller

Terri
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Emma » July 7th, 2005, 10:18 am

Welcome Sarah:

You sound very prepared and very determined - you'll do great on MF!

I've got 3 kids and we're always going out to eat on the weekends. That is a big challenge for me, but I've gotten very good at asking for "off menu" items, such as a grilled chicken fillet and a side of steamed brocolli. Or just a house salad with grilled chicken on top and low fat dressing on the side. They're not the most exciting things to eat when you're out, but if it's made and served for me, it's ALOT better than cooking :lol: . Everytime I leave the restaurant I'm so proud and excited because I stayed in control.

Keep coming to the forum for support, it REALLY helps.

emma
:D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby suzyq » July 7th, 2005, 12:07 pm

Welcome Sarah! Medifast is the best plan I have ever been on. And the support here is excellent! I check in several times a day - just to keep me motivated! Hope to see you around the forum!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby aphrael » July 7th, 2005, 1:06 pm

Welcome Sarah!

I have been on the program for about 3 weeks and can already feel a difference. My son just turned 8 months so I know what it is like with a new baby around. I have a lot more energy now since starting Medifast. I am also 27, so sounds like me you and Lea are in similar situations. Keep up with your program, when you slip you feel the difference, it isn't fun.

Good luck you can do it!

aphrael
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 7th, 2005, 1:24 pm

Yes! My 3rd baby is a boy and he is now 14 months. :D I may have missed it somewhere but how old is your baby now Sarah?

~Leah

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby sarah » July 7th, 2005, 2:09 pm

:D

Our son Nathan turned 8 months old on the 4th. I got my chili & oatmeal today but i am still waiting for the skakes.

i got some diet pops, bouilins, sf bluberry syrup to mix in vanilla shakes, regular sf syrup for "pancakes" made with oatmeal and some "cant believe its not butter" spray", & sf jello.

i am getting excited ;)

Sarah :puter:
sarah

Postby MomsTherapy » July 7th, 2005, 2:14 pm

Splenda, Cinnamon and butter buds go a long way with the Oatmeal.

Garlic Powder, Chili Powder and Cumin make the chili much better and to keep the beans from being crunch and for it to really taste better make it the night before or in the morning and let it soak in the fridge (still make it with hot water) Then reheat when you are ready to eat. The "Lean Cuisine" Forum Topic on here is really helpful with the foods and what you can and then shouldn't have.

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Next

Return to Come on in.