Hello, Newbie here!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello, Newbie here!

Postby momof9403 » April 12th, 2005, 7:30 am

Hello,
I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I am a stay at home mom of two, ages 11 and 21 mths. I also homeschool my 11 year old. I have been with my husband since July 1998, and married since 2001.
I have seen that most people on this program have A LOT of weight to lose. I am 5'2" and weigh 145. I only want to lose about 20 lbs.
I am wondering if this is the right program for me. I want to lose the extra weight quickly, but SAFELY for summer. My main concern is how safe is this program?? How can someone lose 10-20 lbs in one week and it be safe :shock:
I am really interested in your opinions and would LOVE to meet someone who IS/WAS in the same 20 lbs to lose range as I am, to get a better understanding of what to expect :)

Thanks
Jennifer
momof9403

Postby doglover » April 12th, 2005, 7:40 am

Hey Mom! This is a great and safe program. The people who are losing 15-20 lbs in a week (few and far between) tend to be the ones who have a greater amt to lose. Those of us who have less to lose tend to lose more slowly. Nancy will chime in on all the technical stuff, but I wanted to tell you this is a great program, easy and SAFE!

Good luck on your decision! Hope to see you back here soon!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby raederle » April 12th, 2005, 8:23 am

Donna is right-- the more you have to lose, the more quickly you lose, at least at first. I had about 20 pounds to lose after every other diet failed me (I lost 40 but got stuck for years), and MF did the trick. I lost about half the weight quickly but took another several weeks to get the rest off, which was just fine by me. I felt great, found MF easy to stick to (especially because it was working!), and had no problems whatsoever. MF is designed to give you plenty of nutrition while keeping calories low enough to make your body shed pounds; it fights fatigue and hunger normally associated with calorie restriction by striking a precise balance between carbs and protein. If you follow the 5 & 1 plan (5 MF supps a day plus one meal of lean protein and veggies), you will get enough calories to be perfectly safe (assuming no pre-existing health issues, hence the caveat to always see your doc before starting any pgrogram). If you do the full fast (6 MF supps a day with no "real" food), you will be eating fewer than 800 cals a day and would need medical supervision to be sure you're getting along okay on the plan.

Soooo... if you follow the plan according to directions, you will lose weight quickly and safely. Check out the Johns Hopkins study that describes the impressive effectiveness of the diet-- I figure, if JH uses the program regularly for its patients, MF must be a pretty good plan! :mrgreen:

http://terry.tsfl.com/clinicalstudies/index.asp
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby momof9403 » April 12th, 2005, 8:27 am

raederle wrote:Donna is right-- the more you have to lose, the more quickly you lose, at least at first. I had about 20 pounds to lose after every other diet failed me (I lost 40 but got stuck for years), and MF did the trick. I lost about half the weight quickly but took another several weeks to get the rest off, which was just fine by me. I felt great, found MF easy to stick to (especially because it was working!), and had no problems whatsoever. MF is designed to give you plenty of nutrition while keeping calories low enough to make your body shed pounds; it fights fatigue and hunger normally associated with calorie restriction by striking a precise balance between carbs and protein. If you follow the 5 & 1 plan (5 MF supps a day plus one meal of lean protein and veggies), you will get enough calories to be perfectly safe (assuming no pre-existing health issues, hence the caveat to always see your doc before starting any pgrogram). If you do the full fast (6 MF supps a day with no "real" food), you will be eating fewer than 800 cals a day and would need medical supervision to be sure you're getting along okay on the plan.

Soooo... if you follow the plan according to directions, you will lose weight quickly and safely. Check out the Johns Hopkins study that describes the impressive effectiveness of the diet-- I figure, if JH uses the program regularly for its patients, MF must be a pretty good plan! :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for the info!! :D
Jennifer
momof9403

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2005, 10:01 am

Hello, Jennifer ~

Thank you for your inquiry. While Medifast is a great product for people that want to lose a lot of weight, it is not just for those who are obese.

Take Shape For Life offers programs for people with all kinds of needs – weight loss, weight management and specific health issues like diabetes, arthritis, coronary disease, menopause, sports, adolescent nutrition and general nutrition.

Most people do not lose 10 pounds their first week. ( :x Those cwazy men can! God made 'em different from us.)

The first week on the weight loss program, approximately half of the weight loss is water weight; the other half is actual fat weight.

Due to busy lifestyles many people today rely on eating highly processed foods that contain sodium and preservatives – this can cause our bodies to hold onto more fluids than a person who eats more natural foods. During the first week, our body detoxifies and the fluid levels readjust to eating the nutrient dense food and we drink a lot of water to help flush the toxins and spent fat residue.

Average weight losses per Johns Hopkins studies are 2-5 pounds per week.

Individual metabolisms, activity levels, genetic disposition, age, height, body composition and disease and degrees of program-compliancy all affect a person’s weight loss rate.

Medifast is clinically proven to show a safe and consistent weight loss for those who follow the plan. I personally lost a load of flabber and my weight loss was consistent. I felt great the whole time I was losing and I feel great to this day. :yes:

It has been used by over a million customers and recommended by over fifteen thousand doctors.

I was desperate. My doctor never told me about Medifast and it :whip: bugs me that she was recommending a dangerous surgical procedure that would limit my choices, leave me looking saggy and baggy and that I would have to eat handfuls of vitamins and possibly have to go in a couple of times a year for a surgical “tune-up” to tighten up the lap band or else risk greater dangers by having half of my stomach lopped off and my pipes rearranged and hooked up in places different from where my Creator placed them.

My doctor never knew about Medifast until I informed her.

We have many clients that needed to lose 15-25 pounds. They steadily lost their weight in one-two months and then continue to use 1-3 Medifast products daily to maintain their weight loss – most of them choose to continue to use it because it is just so easy to use –it is truly a no-brainer. They have 9-12 boxes of Medifast Auto Shipped per month and they like the fact that it is so convenient to grab it and go – they can sleep in a bit longer because it takes just about 4-5 minutes to prepare and eat breakfast – they can have a shake for a mid-morning snack at their desk and a bar in the afternoon or on their way to the gym. A shake, a warm drink such as Medifast Chai Latte or Hot Cocoa or a serving of Medifast pudding make perfect heart-healthy low cal evening snacks. It is very cost-effective – about $2 a meal.

I have taken a lot of very :twisted: unsafe things over my lifetime to lose weight – some of them dangerous diet pills – some illegal. I NEVER would have offered them to my child. Medifast is totally safe. Your 11-year old and your 21-month old can chomp a Medifast bar or drink a shake and benefit from the excellent nutrition with no worries on your part – it is just good food. Pharmaceutical grade food.

We also have the Take Shape Plan for people who have 15 pounds or less to lose – the meal plan is 1200 calories and includes the Take Shape shakes that have more calories (180 calories/2 grams of fat/12 grams of protein/33 grams of carbs) than the regular MF 55 or the MF 70 formulations and you eat more regular meal food. Weight loss is slower but the clients love the ease of the program and the fact that they have portion control and get soy and whey protein. It is also lactose free. Some people use the Take Shape Weight Maintenance shakes as a healthy snack or meal replacement for lunch.

Most people like to do what I call the “Quick and Dirty” – they want to get it off and get it off fast.

When I was ready to get rid of my flabber I wanted to do so for good – I wanted it off and I wanted ALL of it off, I wanted it off NOW and I wanted it off FOREVER. :mrgreen: I followed the plan, I lost it. It’s still floating around somewhere in the universe looking for a place to land…

It seems that safety is your main issue – Medifast has been around for nearly twenty-five years now and only until the last two years or so it was available only through doctors or used in clinics therefore, very few people were aware of it. Our company, our program and our products are physician-led. Dr. Wayne Andersen is the Medical Director for Medifast Diet and also the Medical Director for Take Shape For Life. Medifast began marketing their products just in the last two years and since the beginning of this year is aggressively advertising it and you will see it even more in print ads, on television, via the internet and by word of mouth.

:hmmm: I love this stuff. But of course, you probably knew I would tell you that!

You need to search the MakeMeThinner Forum and see what others have to say. I am biased. I guess losing 135 pounds does that for a person, eh? :lol:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby momof9403 » April 12th, 2005, 4:42 pm

Nancy, Thanks so much for your insight into the program. You're right about the "getting it off quick". That's for me. I am very impatient when it comes to this stuff and this is the reasoning for wanting to try Medifast. I want to see results YESTERDAY :lol: :lol:

Jennifer
momof9403

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2005, 4:51 pm

Go for the Quick and Dirty but oh so tasty and easy way, the MakeMeThinner Medifast way!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.