The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » January 25th, 2005, 6:42 am

Hi Gang,

Boy, what a pick me up this forum is! I've been away dealing with lots of difficult family issues - we unfortunately had a family member die from self-inflicted gun shot the week before Christmas. Enough said. I'm here just briefly lately and am trying to catch up with everyone who's new and the progress of my old pals.

Being an emotional eater, these are trying times, but MF has helped me so much in controlling the urge to soothe myself through overeating. I feel so good maintaining between 118-122 lbs since I reached goal in Nov of last year, that it is just not worth it to gain weight overeating bad things. Nancy's motto is not just a catch phrase, it is reality for me: Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Hope to spend more time here soon. You are all in my thoughts and prayers - continued success!!! Onward and downward!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » January 25th, 2005, 7:24 am

Hello, Little Darlin' ~

We have missed you greatly and are so very sorry to hear about your loss. It is difficult to comfort someone who is so far away and we don't know what to say other than our hearts are saddened to hear about your tragedy and loss. Heartfelt hugs to you, our dear HawaiiWhatNot.

Also it is wonderful to know that in light of the way you used to handle stressful and emotional times that you are coping with it differently this time. You are right; allowing the feelings of sadness and the anxiety of the unknown determine your eating path would not change what happened nor would it relieve you of your emotions.

It appears that you are learning to detach yourself from the attachment of food and view it as the inanimate object that it is ad use it for its purpose: nourishment and fuel.

Good for ya, Skinny Princess - if you can do it AND remain at goal; in your grief, you give us hope!

Love ya madly and 4 ever ~
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby RavenKat2 » January 25th, 2005, 10:24 am

hawaiiwhatnot wrote:You are all in my thoughts and prayers - continued success!!! Onward and downward!

Right back atcha Camille! I have never dealt with anything like what you must be going through - I am sending good thoughts your way....

Kat
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Previous

Return to Studio